Revisiting the Original GT Spin-Offs: the Gran Turismo Concept Trilogy

I envy you guys in Europe and Japan for being able to play these Concept titles, they looked like such fun.

Also, on that question regarding if there was a plan for a bigger GT title between 3 & 4. Well, I think they're could have been something like that. Maybe PD thought of releasing an updated version of GT3 with these refinements along with the additional events, cars, and tracks.

If that was the case, I would have loved that. Though, I'm just speculating; I really have no idea if there were other plans for a GT title between 3 and 4 or not.

The concept and prolog titles are key to my decision to not do abrieviated GT games. Much too little of what I expect from any racing title.

Never really enjoyed being teased.

It states that Australians never got to see a concept title, but I have had Tokyo Geneva in my gt collection since it came out (was my first GT game and dad got it with the PS2, PAL btw)

image.jpg

Is it uncommon for an Aussie to have bought one brand new? I just thought it was like every other GT title and available everywhere

It's fun, however, how the game have a lot of unused tracks, mostly from GT3 (also some wip tracks for GT4 ) and even fully playable like Rome, Test Course, Monaco etc.

The anger .. PS2 PAL format titles almost never offered 60hz option

So .. I would need GT Concept 3 NTSC-J and I can't read Japanese damn me =/

EDIT: So , wow , it's PAL exclusive ? According to Wikipedia , "A Chinese/English NTSC version was released in the Southeast Asia on July 25, 2002, it adds 30 cars to the 2001 Tokyo version released earlier in this area."

So that still doesn't match the 2002 Tokyo-Geneva build ? Ugh

EDIT 2: And that's why it's quite rare , it is the definitive version rather

Last edited:
Bought a region 2 system and had just the original Concept and the Tokyo-Geneva releases. Now I've got to buy them again...thanks a lot.

It states that Australians never got to see a concept title, but I have had Tokyo Geneva in my gt collection since it came out (was my first GT game and dad got it with the PS2, PAL btw)

View attachment 644146

Is it uncommon for an Aussie to have bought one brand new? I just thought it was like every other GT title and available everywhere
I had Tokyo-Geneva brand new, in the states. Only due to me having a chipped PS2.

I wish that cars could be transferred to GT3 back then that would've been great. I loved the pod races and wished that type of race mode could've been in future GT games or other tracks at least. I still have this game myself and I think I may have 100%.

Hello everybody! I'll be a fan of the GT series)

Many years looking for an answer to the question ... Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva NTSC/J vs. PAL ?

Tokyo-Geneva PAL = Tokyo + Tokyo-Seoul + new models presented at the Geneva Motor Show
Tokyo-Geneva NTSC = Tokyo + 30 cars (Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_Concept)

It turns out that the version of PAL is more complete than NTSC/J ?:confused::confused:

Last edited:
Hello everybody! I'll be a fan of the GT series)

Many years looking for an answer to the question ... Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva NTSC/J vs. PAL ?

Tokyo-Geneva PAL = Tokyo + Tokyo-Seoul + new models presented at the Geneva Motor Show
Tokyo-Geneva NTSC = Tokyo + 30 cars (Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_Concept)

It turns out that the version of PAL is more complete than NTSC/J ?:confused::confused:

Basically when the tokyo motor show happened (Jan 1 2002), Japan (NTSC-J) got "GT Concept", with concept cars only from that show
When Seoul Motor Show happened (May 16 2002), NTSC got "GT Concept 2002 Tokyo-Seoul", which had cars from both concept games
When Geneva Motor Show happened (July 17 2002), Europe (PAL) got "GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva", which included cars from all 3 Motor Shows

Thats my understanding anyway

In my opinion GTHD should have been part of the Concept series because it was called Gran Turismo HD Concept and that it served a similar purpose to the Concept games. It also didn't get that much attention, like the Concept games.

Sorry I'm late , GT_des

Nope , NTSC-J got the PAL version and then some , so she's 60hz and even adds English translated menus option . Dual-layer , yes every vehicle

Cover has a Ford GT , says Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva . SCPS-55902

With on how much hidden content that's in the Concept series, by the means of hidden cars from E3 or other things. But, the concept ones are the most interesting of the GT series of demos because of that. I'm still searching through GT: C and GT:HD because @Doomotron said it should be part of the Concept series.

Back