Rework radar system

England
England
Hope they rework to "radar" arrows so that it actually provides useful information to help you avoid other cars on track.

In any view other than the two chase cam options it's really hard to tell where other cars are in relation to you when they get along side.

The rearview mirror is terrible but at least it serves it's purpose the arrows not so much. Once a car is along side by any degree it's basically guesswork at that point whether you will hit another car.

The biggest issue for me is that the arrows are per car around you and move around in relation to that car. So if you are in any battle involving more than one car you have all these arrows moving around and it's easy for them to get lost in the clutter on screen, especially if you use the interior views.

It's been a problem just against AI but I am not looking forward to when I step into multiplayer with live drivers who are not at all predictable.

It would be too much to hope for ACC or even GT7 style radars but something as simple as allowing us to change the colour of the arrows could help but a full rethink would be better.

Last edited:
Agreed...give us a red arrow if someone is next to us...green if they're behind and clear...or something. It's pure guesswork mid corner as it sits

Last edited:
Agreed...give us a red arrow if someone is next to us...green if they're behind and clear...or something. It's pure guesswork mid corner as it sits
It's orange if it's right next to you and grey if it's close behind/ahead/to the side. The arrow points to where it is. If it's not too close there is no arrow.

Last edited:
It's orange if it's right next to you and grey if it's close behind/ahead/to the side. The arrow points to where it is. If it's not too close there is no arrow.
It's also orange if it's right in front of you...imo there just isn't a clear cut differentiator over whether you're clear or not. Is it gray...is it light orange/gray...what does that shade of orangray mean?

Back