RICHARDO's New Nissan Thread

• Thread starter RICHARDO
  • 21 comments
Yes, today I have purchased a 1992 Infiniti Q45t from my friend's dad for $1,500. She's got quite some miles on her, (Then again, she's 15 years old.) 172,000 to be exact. But she runs well, is loaded with options, had about 280 hp when she was new,(And 300lb/ft of torque :drool:.) has a LSD, and, of course, is RWD.

His dad is delivering the car In the middle of the week after he's done doing some minor things to it. I'll have some pictures up then. Until then, I'd like to hear your guy's opinons on it.

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1990-to-1996-infiniti-q45-5.htm?photo=1

I'm not sure if this should go in the Nissan forum or not, but I figure I'd get more response here, mods please move it if it causes a fuss. :)

Congratulations on the purchase. That's isn't too much, but alas, the car is 15 years old. I'm sure it will treat you well. Unlike their new products, I have quite a lot of respect for older Lexii.

Congratulations! Have fun with it! 👍

Infinitis run FOREVER.

My Dad is an insurance salesman in Kansas City, and has clients all over the area, and has a few businesses in his hometown of Marceline, MO 126 miles away. Needless to say, he drives a lot. And, he's very rough on his vehicles. He puts off maintenance sometimes, and has gotten his fair share of "parking lot incidents".
His I30 got the most hellacious beating an automobile could have ever gotten. It lasted him 230,000 miles. Both of the fog lights were punctured, the front right fender didn't hardly have any original paint on it, and the car growled at us, and it went through brakes at the same rate that Jeff Gordon goes through tires. (Ask RollAzn, I30s have brake problems) I honestly don't think that car even got an oil change after 200k. Nine years, it had three fenderbenders, lost a mirror to a garage door post, and had been backed into a tree. He sold it to someone in his hometown for a grand total of five hundred dollars. That was two years ago. It's still puttering around Marceline to this day. It was a "luxury" car. :lol: Yeah.. maybe before the second coffee spill.. (That took a day)

Good story High-Test, it makes me feel better since my car is completely rust-free and has never been in an accident. Her paint is also a nice deep green, only the hood paint needs a good buffing. She also needs a new set of tires.

The engine in my car didn't come with it originally, it replaced the original because the previous owner blew it up.

I can't wait till I can work that V8 again, such a lovely sound. :D

Considering it was about $40,000 new.

It's actually is in the correct price range for its condition, plus it has a sun roof! :P

You should see the interior, the leather is absoultely flawless. (Except for a slight tear in the rear armrest.) It also came with a car phone (how 90's) and a 10 disc CD changer in the trunk, but both are long gone. :lol:

My first car, a '92 Lexus SC300, had a 12 disc changer in the trunk and a corded car phone that took up the ENTIRE center console compartment. The CD Player didn't work. The phone would make this dialtone every time I started up the car. I miss that car..

[starter][2JZgoodness][/starter][dialtone]...[/dialtone] :D

Best of luck with your Infiniti. It should run forever.

My first car, a '92 Lexus SC300, had a 12 disc changer in the trunk and a corded car phone that took up the ENTIRE center console compartment. The CD Player didn't work. The phone would make this dialtone every time I started up the car. I miss that car..

[starter][2JZgoodness][/starter][dialtone]...[/dialtone]

Yeah, I hope the VH45DE is strong. She sounds and feels strong though, so I'm not too worried.

I kinda wish I had a car phone now, :D, I would love to prank call people on it.

Mine also took up the center console aswell, now there is just a huge ass hole to put random stuff in. :lol:

[starter][2JZgoodness][/starter][dialtone]...[/dialtone] :D

LOL, I had an sc, no phone though so I guess mine would go something like this:

[starter][2JZgoodness][/starter][2JZgoodness]

On another note, nice new car, look forward to some pics 👍

I'll most likely have my friend (The same friend who's dad sold me the car.) take some pictures when it gets home Tuesday or Wednesday.

I hear the 2JZ goodness couldn't help you with your VTEC addiction. :(

RICHARDO, I look forward to the pics. The motor will no doubt be strong. Big hole.. 💡 secret compartment!!

Those are some bad ass cars. Yesterday me and my friend were scouting the local used car dealerships and one on these in white was there. I was quite nice except the warn paint. These in good condition are such nice cars especially at that price.

My paint is absolutely perfect, except for some oxidation on the hood. (I believe it's oxidation.) If it isn't being done already, I'll try buffing the hood, gain some upper muscle strength from it atleast. :lol:

Those are wonderful cars, nice and reliable. Just be warned that if/when something does go wrong, dealers tend to charge an arm and a leg to work on those. Not sure why, but they're fantastic cars and well worth it, in my opinion.

They cost so much to repair because it's a specialty car, everything is unique to this model.

The engine is from a '96, so the infamous guide chain issue has already been fixed. But it lost VVT and has a more restrictive OBD-II emissons system as a result.:indiff:

I saw one of those for sale when we were looking for a car for my sister, and if it wasn't for the high repair costs we probably would've gotten it. The best thing about the car imo, is the transmission, it's built like a rock.

Yeah, you REALLY have to love the Q-ship to fully restore it.

But the car is very low maintenence if it's treated right, I just hope the '96 motor has had regular oil changes.

Be wary though if anyone chooses to purchase one: this thing drinks like an Irish sailor, it only averages 15MPG according to Consumer Reports. :scared:

That's funny, my friend (son of the seller of the car) is restoring a red Altima. (A comment about your car.) Nissans run in his blood. His grandpa had an evil 510 wagon with a V8 in it! And a 210 in which the doors fell off of. :lol:

I used to have a '98 Altima, it was a great car, never gave me any trouble :) Had 128k on it when I sold it too. I drove it hard and knew nothing about maintenance at that time either.

Back