Ride History?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Polyphony001
  • 13 comments
  • 1,694 views
Messages
1,574
I notice a tab in the garage labelled 'ride history' which you can sort cars by, but this seems to be no more than a random number. I have a car that i have changed into twice and done 1100 miles in with an RH value of 17, and one which i have changed into once and done 17 miles in with an RH of 38.

What does this figure mean?
 
it's the reverse list of cars you have used. 1 indicates the last used car.
 
justin_tyme
it's the reverse list of cars you have used. 1 indicates the last used car.

I'm over-joyed with GT4, but this is one (albeit very small) thing that I don't like... you can't display the mileage or the distance you have driven your cars (not the same since used cars already have mileage), but it will tell you the order in which you've driven your cars... :dunce: Ride history is a bit pointless in my opinion...
 
I'm actually quite dissapointed in the sort features in the garage! I really liked the way GT3's garage was set up, with the 'quick' scrolling list of cars.
 
Yeah, the garage sorting is somewhat frustrating in GT4.

In addition to the milage thing I've noticed that there are a few cars that if you sort by manufacturer do not show up. For example the Sileighty will not show up if you sort by Nissan. I have four identical Sileighties now because I could never find one in my garage.

And sorting by price doesn't really either. It does, but then there will 6,000cr cars sprinkled in with the 10,000cr cars etc.

I'm getting used to it, but I like the GT3 garage better...
 
The page thing is getting more fustrating when you get yourself more cars :irked:
 
Whenever I sort my garage by date aquired, it always reverts back to that ride history sort, even if i've saved it with date acquired. Very frustrating.
 
Yea thats what i have found most annoying. It doesnt keep track of how you would like your cars to be sorted.
 
justin_tyme
it's the reverse list of cars you have used. 1 indicates the last used car.
Ah rite, didn't think of that.

I agree with what seems to be the majority in preferring the Gt3 garage, as with a high but not huge number of cars (60 like i have atm), it is irritating as with gt3, i could quickly scroll down, but here i find it easier to use the not-very-easy-to-use clumsy garage sorting system. Who needs to sort the garage by colour?
 
I actually preferred the Garage setup in GT2.

You could determine the order of the cars and manually arrange them e.g. you could put all your TVR's at the top, group by drivetrain and manufacturer etc etc. Excellent.

Now it takes me a while to find the car I'm after - and I've only got five or six pages worth so far. Imagine how bad it's going to get :eek:!
 
And especially when there's two of them, such as the Nike one 2022. One from the iB license and the other frm the saleen s7 club. nice one...
 
Back