Rider Down

• Thread starter Slicks
  • 10 comments

Slicks

TSI AWD
Premium
On Friday the 25th, my longtime friend and riding buddy Phil was involved in an accident. His KLR reportedly hit a truck, sending both him and the bike underneath.

Phil didn't make it.

Our group of friends hopes to do a memorial ride in July, but in the meantime his best friend has gone to Utah to carry out a ride they'd been planning.

Take care out there - The only one you can trust is yourself.

RIP
Phil
04/30/1988 - 06/25/2010

I'm really sorry Slicks. I can't imagine how hard it is for you, your friends and his family. There's no way of rationalising when someone dies so young.

RIP Phil

My condolences.

Motorbike riders face reality every day when reading the news. And in a lot of cases it's not even the fault of the rider.

Hang in there, and ride carefully.

RIP, my condolences.

I used to be a regular on a large motorcycling forum, and you'd get stories like this with unfortunate regularity. I remember I joined the forum very soon after one of the most well known members had just been killed in an accident. It can, and does, happen to anyone.

I'm sorry to hear that. So sad that he died so young

It just shows you how dangerous motorcycle riding can be.

Just spotted this thread, a great shame to lose a fellow rider so young, my condolences to all those effected by the loss.

This particular sadness sticks out to me, same name as me and only a year or so older it reminds you that nobody is safe on the roads particularly on 2 wheels.

This is the exact reason why my dad got rid of our motorcycle when I was getting close to being 16.

Sorry for your loss, Slicks.

Always sad to hear such awful news. :(
Do anything you can to help his family through, share your own grief, and remember him for all the good times you had together.

Its a shame to hear another rider being killed by something that could have been avoided im sure.

Condolences.

Latest Posts

Back