Ridge Racer 8 Switch Rumor

• Thread starter RaceFuchs
  • 2 comments
Germany
Near Nürburgring
DanPrez
You might have heard about it already, but there is a rumor that Ridge Racer 8 is a thing and that it will be released as a Switch exclusive.

https://press-start.com.au/news/nin...dge-racer-coming-exclusively-nintendo-switch/

It is said the game is developed by a Bandai Namco studio in Singapur. What do you think about it?

First i want to say that i'm a big Ridge Racer fan and i would be happy to see a new title. I loved Rage Racer and Ridge Racer V back in the day - the high points in the series IMO. However, RR6 and RR7 were a bit medicore and Ridge Racer Unbounded wasnt a Ridge Racer game at all.

If the new studio captures the old Ridge Racer spirit? Great. If this will be another Burnout or NFS Underground with the Ridge Racer brand slapped on it - leave me alone.

In any case, how likely is this whole Switch scenario? Does it make any sense? Well, Nintendo and Bandai Namco have a rather strong partnership - think about Pokken or Smash Bros. Nintendo has resurrected core gaming franchises before - like Bayonetta, and i'm sure they are looking for exclusive titles for Switch. The Switch is popular but there are not many racing games available for it. So yes - this might make sense.

You might have heard about it already, but there is a rumor that Ridge Racer 8 is a thing and that it will be released as a Switch exclusive.

https://press-start.com.au/news/nin...dge-racer-coming-exclusively-nintendo-switch/

It is said the game is developed by a Bandai Namco studio in Singapur. What do you think about it?

First i want to say that i'm a big Ridge Racer fan and i would be happy to see a new title. I loved Rage Racer and Ridge Racer V back in the day - the high points in the series IMO. However, RR6 and RR7 were a bit medicore and Ridge Racer Unbounded wasnt a Ridge Racer game at all.

If the new studio captures the old Ridge Racer spirit? Great. If this will be another Burnout or NFS Underground with the Ridge Racer brand slapped on it - leave me alone.

In any case, how likely is this whole Switch scenario? Does it make any sense? Well, Nintendo and Bandai Namco have a rather strong partnership - think about Pokken or Smash Bros. Nintendo has resurrected core gaming franchises before - like Bayonetta, and i'm sure they are looking for exclusive titles for Switch. The Switch is popular but there are not many racing games available for it. So yes - this might make sense.
Also worth nothing, Namco Bandai and Nintendo have 3 yet to be confirmed exclusive titles for the console coming in the near future.

Ridge Racer has had a history of bring exclusive in the mainline entries so yeah, who knows. Perhaps this is gonna happen.

I also think it has credibility since RR titles don't tend to take advantage of the latest graphical advancements to a large extent. Switch would be suited in light of that.

Oh 🤬, this should really happen. I will be the happiest man in the world if RR8 was real.

I liked that in RR7, all cars can finally race in one performance class where they were all in the same level (category 1) and the amount of visual customization the cars had, plus the fact that you can even upgrade a car's performance through engine, handling and boost settings, which is why the online races were really intense, and so was the career mode.

Hopefully RR8 has more cars (hopefully new car brands too), more customization, and also that complete machines will also be in category 1 rather than 3 (for the starter cars) and 2 (for the advanced cars). Unlike RR7 whose arcade mode only allowed you to use pre-set arcade-only cars, RR8 should make all cars universal to all modes.

Another wishlist I want for RR8 is all the tracks in the series returning in modern-day graphics (so far, the entire series has 48 tracks, so hopefully even more), and a proper storyline where you would most likely play as probably Reiko (for originality) or some other character in the player's perspective, NFS-style (like in RR Type 4).

Back