rigidity improvement

debatable at the moment, I've done around 40 races in my Furais concept mazda, I'm going to get it to 50 then do some stable timed laps then do chasis rigidity and repeat same laps to check for difference, but i'm not holding my breath lol.
 
bump

What does the rigidity upgrade do? Does it have a noticeable effect? It cost 20K.
 
Basically, once you crash or scratch your car, you will be able to restore the rigidity. You actually do not have to until is is noticeable. My Corvette ZR1 RM has done thousands of miles of grinding and I've only restored the rigidity twice.

At first, you will be wondering why you should pay for the restoration when your car is perfectly fine. If you continue to drive the car for, lets say, 600 to 1000 miles, you will definitely notice a difference in your car's handling. You will notice that the car will start to slide around more than it should or basically just not perform they way you remember. That would be the time to restore the rigidity of your car.

A couple of scratches or crashes wouldn't change anything. If it did, it would be too minor to even notice.
 
20k is pretty cheap, just get it, but like a previous poster mentioned, it would b interesting to see some accurate, repeatable time comparisons...anybody out there that has laid down some consistent times to chime in?
 
OK did my 50th race in Furai, did rigidity improvement and all in all it does seem slightly more stable, tyre wear seems more even (was wearing right side quicker) and I've gained about 1.7 secs per lap. So id does seem worth it after all - even if benefits are relatively low, but then that might differ between cars
 
I had "Bob" put 18000km on my Redbull x1, the chassis actually got very very damaged, when he was driving Nurburgring straight, the steering wheel on the in car view was turned 45 degrees to the left, after performing restore rigidity 500k problem solved...
oh my bad.....
the rigidity improvement tuning part, makes the car more stiff throughout, which aids in keeping all four wheels plastered to the track surface.

I have noticed significant lap time differences, improved my Tskuba lap in 300hp mazda MX5 from 1:08.05x to 1:05.9xx three seconds difference, partially due to more laps in the car and partially due to rigidity improvement performed in between laps to test the theory.......
 
I think some of you are confusing the chassis rigidity restoration (50% of the price of the car) with the rigidity improvement from the tuning shop (20k cr.). I think the OP is asking about the latter.
 
I think some of you are confusing the chassis rigidity restoration (50% of the price of the car) with the rigidity improvement from the tuning shop (20k cr.). I think the OP is asking about the latter.

I'm asking about the rigidty improvement found in the tuning shop under the body/chassis heading.
 
Back