Rinsky's 2021 MSN / Rinsky's 2022 Final Tour Archives

Damn it Fastone, you stole my thunder. I've been pulling 1:39s too. Not as consistently as the way low 1:40s race pace. I feel pretty confident for this race. I've raced Monza more time than I can count. But never w/o the chicane. The tow is incredible behind the peugot and VW. I think Jark will give the best tow. I was able to enter T1 at 172mph In the vette w/o a tow. Can't hold it w/o cleaning the cat litter on the left. If he doesn't get away, I'll be behind Jark until the last lap🤣🤣🤣🤣
Since your car shopping. The McLaren F1 has the highest top speed on the straights in the class. With a top speed of 176 mph unassisted at Monza No chicane. She's old, so the 26 year old suspension is the penalty. The Ford GT and Peugeot VGT are the closest you'll find for top speed. Both have their own issues.

I tested the McLaren and the suspension is the downfall. Without tuning I find both McLarens a challenge to make fast laps. The Ford wasn't bad, but I couldn't maintain consistency. 🤔🤔🤔🤔I never raced stock cars ie.BoP. GT1&2 didn't have BoP and racing online in GTR leagues I never had the BoP option, so you must tune to be competitive. With all my exp. tuning/racing the F360, I can feel that if I could adjust the LSD on the F458 GR3, it would be easier to handle than the F458 Gr4. Gearing would pick up the top end. I think I've picked my car. Today I'm going to do a couple Qualy stints and maybe a custom race or 2 to check managing traffic. I want to make sure I have good aim into Variante Della Roggia (T2&T3 w/no chicane) I don't want to miss anyone🤣🤣🤣 Should have a pre-race warning to take caution through T2&3 since there will be zero braking space between each other. I can't tell you how many times I blew it during car testing. It would ruin the race to rear end and wreck 2 of the 5 or 6 cars we have racing.

I just caught a preview for a Documentary about Bentley ... I didn't know it was a Russian made car that stopped production after the fall of the Soviet Union. All the equipment was too old and there was no money for upgrading. The short of it, they are making badass luxury cars and bringing the super car back.

I tested the McLaren and the suspension is the downfall. Without tuning I find both McLarens a challenge to make fast laps. The Ford wasn't bad, but I couldn't maintain consistency. 🤔🤔🤔🤔I never raced stock cars ie.BoP. GT1&2 didn't have BoP and racing online in GTR leagues I never had the BoP option, so you must tune to be competitive. With all my exp. tuning/racing the F360, I can feel that if I could adjust the LSD on the F458 GR3, it would be easier to handle than the F458 Gr4. Gearing would pick up the top end. I think I've picked my car. Today I'm going to do a couple Qualy stints and maybe a custom race or 2 to check managing traffic. I want to make sure I have good aim into Variante Della Roggia (T2&T3 w/no chicane) I don't want to miss anyone🤣🤣🤣 Should have a pre-race warning to take caution through T2&3 since there will be zero braking space between each other. I can't tell you how many times I blew it during car testing. It would ruin the race to rear end and wreck 2 of the 5 or 6 cars we have racing.

I just caught a preview for a Documentary about Bentley ... I didn't know it was a Russian made car that stopped production after the fall of the Soviet Union. All the equipment was too old and there was no money for upgrading. The short of it, they are making badass luxury cars and bringing the super car back.
The pros are saying it's the McLaren F1 is the best car for this track. I just wish I was a better driver. Apparently the Daily Race B this week is a 4 lap Gr.3 race at Monza No Chicane. Tires are RM instead of RS but, still how did they know.

Anyways did you try the Peugeot VGT. It's brakes aren't the best but, it's suspension is good. It has no interior view though if you drive Inside.

Oh, my PSN friend IRON-IGLOO may join us for race.
I don't know how they got a McLaren around that fast. IMO, It's one of those cars like the F458, Either you can do it or you can't. I can say my F458 GR3 skills aren't the best anymore since it had been so long I was out of racing and only raced tuner leagues. At least the BoP gives me a chance😆

I may try the Daily Race then. But I started racing with real people again in those and the Manufacture races and just couldn't stand it. Since my SR is 1 above S, I get to race with FuknDingDongs that just plow corners, have no sense of braking distance, NO clue what a race line is and frankly NO race etiquette. Then the LittleFuk goes on to win the race🙄 I got a couple Manufature races in and a dozen Daily's, then came and found you guys. I figured it had to be better racing since you can get kicked out for driving a car with your feet🤣🤣🤣

I only drive from cockpit view. When I was racing GTR leagues it was required to use only cockpit view. They monitored it like we can with driving aids. It was tuff, I raced with front end ground level views because it gave an unobstructed view. Having to use cockpit view for the first time in a race (at Donnington) was crazy since there is a limitation on the view.

I haven't driven any of the super cars that look like you drive from a screen vs front window yet. It's not really my deal, like our next race at X-route or whatever it's called. My F458 will be nothing against Fastones SGT. That will be awesome to have your friend join us and add another car👍🏻

I'm not breaking into the 1:39's consistently. I never race Monza, not one of my favorite tracks that is for sure. The no chicane version is preferred though. Turns 4 & 5 (curve di lesmo) is my worst section. I am never consistent there. The rest of the track is pretty great. Variante Ascari is my favorite section, turns 6, 7 & 8.

Last edited:
I don't know how they got a McLaren around that fast. IMO, It's one of those cars like the F458, Either you can do it or you can't. I can say my F458 GR3 skills aren't the best anymore since it had been so long I was out of racing and only raced tuner leagues. At least the BoP gives me a chance😆

I may try the Daily Race then. But I started racing with real people again in those and the Manufacture races and just couldn't stand it. Since my SR is 1 above S, I get to race with FuknDingDongs that just plow corners, have no sense of braking distance, NO clue what a race line is and frankly NO race etiquette. Then the LittleFuk goes on to win the race🙄 I got a couple Manufature races in and a dozen Daily's, then came and found you guys. I figured it had to be better racing since you can get kicked out for driving a car with your feet🤣🤣🤣

I only drive from cockpit view. When I was racing GTR leagues it was required to use only cockpit view. They monitored it like we can with driving aids. It was tuff, I raced with front end ground level views because it gave an unobstructed view. Having to use cockpit view for the first time in a race (at Donnington) was crazy since there is a limitation on the view.

I haven't driven any of the super cars that look like you drive from a screen vs front window yet. It's not really my deal, like our next race at X-route or whatever it's called. My F458 will be nothing against Fastones SGT. That will be awesome to have your friend join us and add another car👍🏻
I can't do the cockpit view. Too much obstruction and the angle isn't great for corner entry. I use the front bumper view. Downside of that is no visibility to cars around you so I turn on the radar if I need to.

I'm not breaking into the 1:39's consistently. I never race Monza, not one of my favorite tracks that is for sure. The no chicane version is preferred though. Turns 4 & 5 (curve di lesmo) is my worst section. I am never consistent there. The rest of the track is pretty great. Variante Ascari is my favorite section, turns 6, 7 & 8.
Monza has been my best track despite I tend to like stop go style tracks. Racing the No Chicane version was an idea of Rinsky's last year but, though there were to many speed tracks on the Gr.3 schedule and change it out for another track. I put it in this season for chance he might be able to race a few races with us.

I can't do the cockpit view. Too much obstruction and the angle isn't great for corner entry. I use the front bumper view. Downside of that is no visibility to cars around you so I turn on the radar if I need to.
I use the hood view. I would like to drive cockpit view is too static for me. In real life you can move you neck and eyes to get a better understanding of your environment and to use your mirrors.

I drive in hood/roof view with radar on at all times too. I tried cockpit view and I was actually faster in that view but it's too difficult to see other traffic, maybe I should mighta been getting used to it. :)

I don't see my post, but to clarify I can hit :39s but am not consistant. I'm consistent low 1:40:250> for race pace.

I'm surprised, most guys like the Lesbos Jarkulary😳🤣🤣 I mean lesmos😆 I shouldn't tell but take Lesmos T1 in 2nd, hold tight to the curb on entry, (but NOT ON IT) drift wide on exit. Should hit 4th to down shift back into 2nd before next corner entry. Same thing, tight inside, but not on the curb. The curbs in this corner complex really disrupts the cars balance if you can't tune for it. You will know you did it perfect if you feel like your in a rocket heading toward Lesmos T2. I love that feeling and have found it on no other track or set of turns.

I hear it with the view🙄 Here (pic) is a good way of looking at your racing view🤣🤣 Who's got that FuknHat🤣🤣🤣 Cockpit is a hard view w/o head turn. This is another reason, IMO, GTS is more a driving Sim; you must see all you mirrors racing. So don't hit me Jarkulary😉🤣🤣 Every car should have cockpit adjustments. I don't know why they would limit it when you are FITTED with a seat and adjusted so you can see in a real car. There are a couple cars I won't drive because the view sucks like this.

Attachments

• DF4931C2-A7C3-49A3-997E-D72D1B990B6E.jpeg
    DF4931C2-A7C3-49A3-997E-D72D1B990B6E.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 9
Are you 2 serious😳 You both don't use cockpit view and CW you're a stick driver (controller)🙄😁 CW that's kick ass brother, you may be Sr. Pelagro(Danger)with a cockpit and wheel set up🤔 make yourself a race team😁 Fastone, you have some kind of badass home grown cockpit so I imagine you have a Fanatec set up or something similiar🤔 You guys are spinning your wheels here. Where's Jarkulary🤔 You guys are kick ass and could make a serious race team in a tuner league. I get the attraction to GTS, but you guys could make some kick ass casheesh racing😳👍🏻 I'll find the website but it's all prize races. Some are free and others at most I saw was $20. Figure you get a full 45 car race and you all average P6👍🏻 🤔$20x45=$900. Break it down any way, you guys could walk away with about $45/ea. for an hour race. Do that 2x a day for... 🤔5 days. 10x$45=$450😳 Now that's some kick ass BEER money🤣🤣🤣 Obviously I made that up😆 But you get it.

I found my car🤫🤫, got a bitch'n paint job. Named it Merlin. I'm keeping it secret till I get there. I don't need you guys finding any weaknesses off track🤣

I don't see my post, but to clarify I can hit :39s but am not consistant. I'm consistent low 1:40:250> for race pace.

I'm surprised, most guys like the Lesbos Jarkulary😳🤣🤣 I mean lesmos😆 I shouldn't tell but take Lesmos T1 in 2nd, hold tight to the curb on entry, (but NOT ON IT) drift wide on exit. Should hit 4th to down shift back into 2nd before next corner entry. Same thing, tight inside, but not on the curb. The curbs in this corner complex really disrupts the cars balance if you can't tune for it. You will know you did it perfect if you feel like your in a rocket heading toward Lesmos T2. I love that feeling and have found it on no other track or set of turns.

I hear it with the view🙄 Here (pic) is a good way of looking at your racing view🤣🤣 Who's got that FuknHat🤣🤣🤣 Cockpit is a hard view w/o head turn. This is another reason, IMO, GTS is more a driving Sim; you must see all you mirrors racing. So don't hit me Jarkulary😉🤣🤣 Every car should have cockpit adjustments. I don't know why they would limit it when you are FITTED with a seat and adjusted so you can see in a real car. There are a couple cars I won't drive because the view sucks like this.
The only reason I am mentioning this is because I would like to see a good battle at Monza, even if I finish last, I just want to have to fight for it.
It's usually best to use a higher gear for turns and keep RPM's down a little, it will reduce tire spin on exit without hurting lap time and also if you use a lower gear the car will always lose apex speed. There are corners that I downshift for where the car is close to the rev limiter, with the physics being the way they are in GTS it helps keep the front of the car planted if for example you use 2nd instead of 3rd for a corner where either will work but it usually comes at the cost of apex speed. There are decreasing radius corners that require it though, like that right hand turn on St. Croix right before that long, long straight. In that corner I lift off the accelerator, tap the brake to set the car up for the turn, then coast thru the turn while downshifting just before the apex, I think pretty much everyone drives that turn the same. At Lesmos the RSR hits the limiter in 3rd right at the lift point for Lesmo 1, I tap the brakes and coast thru in 3rd gear, I can easily downshift to 2nd but it will cost me lap time. Lesmo 2 I only downshift to 2nd when in traffic because the traffic usually slows you down a little but I usually upshift before getting back on the accelerator to prevent tire spin and a date with the wall. If you go to arcade Time Trial it shows the stop watch on your hud, blue for faster, red for slower than previous laps. Run some TT laps and keep an eye on that stopwatch to see what the best gear choice is thru the Lesmos. Even though TT lap times do not align with lobby times very well you can still get an idea of the fast way around the track.

The only reason I am mentioning this is because I would like to see a good battle at Monza, even if I finish last, I just want to have to fight for it.
It's usually best to use a higher gear for turns and keep RPM's down a little, it will reduce tire spin on exit without hurting lap time and also if you use a lower gear the car will always lose apex speed. There are corners that I downshift for where the car is close to the rev limiter, with the physics being the way they are in GTS it helps keep the front of the car planted if for example you use 2nd instead of 3rd for a corner where either will work but it usually comes at the cost of apex speed. There are decreasing radius corners that require it though, like that right hand turn on St. Croix right before that long, long straight. In that corner I lift off the accelerator, tap the brake to set the car up for the turn, then coast thru the turn while downshifting just before the apex, I think pretty much everyone drives that turn the same. At Lesmos the RSR hits the limiter in 3rd right at the lift point for Lesmo 1, I tap the brakes and coast thru in 3rd gear, I can easily downshift to 2nd but it will cost me lap time. Lesmo 2 I only downshift to 2nd when in traffic because the traffic usually slows you down a little but I usually upshift before getting back on the accelerator to prevent tire spin and a date with the wall. If you go to arcade Time Trial it shows the stop watch on your hud, blue for faster, red for slower than previous laps. Run some TT laps and keep an eye on that stopwatch to see what the best gear choice is thru the Lesmos. Even though TT lap times do not align with lobby times very well you can still get an idea of the fast way around the track.
Interesting observations and consistent with what I've found as well. I primarily use auto trans, but I have noticed over the past few months that getting through certain corners in a higher gear gives me faster lap times. While I am not controlling the actual gear shifts, I use the AT to help inform me if I am taking the corners at the appropriate speed. For example, if the car shifts down to 2nd in the Lesmos or Ascari, then I know I slowed down too much for those corners. When I get through those corners with the AT only going down to 3rd, then I know I've braked appropriately and will have a faster lap time.

I know I should just move to manual trans, and I have given it a good effort at times, but I find that my hands are just too tired after the race when trying to shift gears on the DS4. Probably sounds strange, but AT is just more fun for me :).

I spend a lot of time practicing in traffic because everyone can focus on just driving and make fast laps but being fast in traffic makes the difference IMO. Not many put the time in and just worry about making fast laps. That's the FuknDingDong that plows you in the corners🤣 By no means am I saying we have an issue with this. Just in general what I found paying attention. So I should have said what you just pointed out; since I'm in traffic I drop to 2nd to roll through the corner. I keep the rpms just high enough to pop into 3rd on exit and get that rocket effect I referred to w/o having the back end break loose. I upshift/hit the gas just as I hit corner exit. It then pulls me just to the outside rumble strip. (Like your pointing out, if I don't time that shift/gas PERFECTLY, even one time, you will pull away from me.) If I take either Lesmos in 3rd for corner roll, it always pulls me too far out and I go past the rumble strip into the sand OR my exit has no speed. When I tested, every car had this same issue. Is it me? The car? Or just fatsone? I hate driving fastones car so I don't know if I could hold 3rd or not. Not trying to brag on this, but I have raced here so many times, driving it again after so long was like 2nd nature, I hit all my Brake/shift points etc. I was kind of surprised. I pulled out some old spread sheets to see what my times were back then and I'm about 4+ sec. faster. I would expect it due to racing a F458 vs a F360. This is why I like having segment times to focus on new race lines of needed. But w/the grip thing in TT, these will be inaccurate as I've found out.

I hope for a competitive race too. Not that I care if you win, but at least be a little challenged for it🤣🤣 I think we are all comfortable w/Monza so I expect a solid race from everyone. There's a pants down spank'n for those that don't cooperate on this one. So ThisFknGuyHere needs to get his **** together already🤣🤣

I'm totally dig'n the conversations with you guys and here your perspectives and new ideas👍🏻🍻🍻🍻

@All of you

I already mentioned the deal I got a couple months ago on my new cockpit. WELLLLLL that guy just called me(@9:30a) to ask if I was interesting in HIS new cockpit. He has top of the line Fanatec wheel set up on an open wheeler cockpit. A 50' concaved flat screen TV mounted to the front of the cockpit. When I bought his old CP, he showed me his new one he got a couple weeks earlier. He has $4500+ into the whole set-up and offered it to me for $1700. I would love to have another post bragging about a new CP, but that's way out of my range right now. It's all chrome/red anodized pedals w/stick shift. This is a serious sim rig, not a beginner set up. If anyone wants to make a fat profit, OR make your friends jealous, let me know and I'll hook you up w/dude. I'll post some pics when I get them.

Interesting observations and consistent with what I've found as well. I primarily use auto trans, but I have noticed over the past few months that getting through certain corners in a higher gear gives me faster lap times. While I am not controlling the actual gear shifts, I use the AT to help inform me if I am taking the corners at the appropriate speed. For example, if the car shifts down to 2nd in the Lesmos or Ascari, then I know I slowed down too much for those corners. When I get through those corners with the AT only going down to 3rd, then I know I've braked appropriately and will have a faster lap time.

I know I should just move to manual trans, and I have given it a good effort at times, but I find that my hands are just too tired after the race when trying to shift gears on the DS4. Probably sounds strange, but AT is just more fun for me :).
This is helpful advice for me. I started manual shifting regularly last December after the last race of our 2020 season. Admittedly I'm still learning some do's and don'ts. I'm still slower than I was with automatic shifting. Even my driver's rating shows it. While I feel I've got upshifting pretty much down. I still struggle learning were and when to downshift.

While I have noticed some of the benefits of manual shifting right away. Like improved fuel efficiency even when you're not trying to save fuel. It also greatly at controlling wheelspin especially in wet conditions. However when I drove automatic I noticed that I didn't always agree with the gear changes. Having control of my shifting helps this some cases.

But, then there are the situations are the cars gearing does not align well with a corner. And that's where it becomes complicated. Choosing not to downshift may drop you below the power ban and reduces your turning circle. Downshifting will help your turning circle and keep in the power ban for better torque but, you are at risk of wheelspin and missing your upshift.

I spend a lot of time practicing in traffic because everyone can focus on just driving and make fast laps but being fast in traffic makes the difference IMO. Not many put the time in and just worry about making fast laps. That's the FuknDingDong that plows you in the corners🤣 By no means am I saying we have an issue with this. Just in general what I found paying attention. So I should have said what you just pointed out; since I'm in traffic I drop to 2nd to roll through the corner. I keep the rpms just high enough to pop into 3rd on exit and get that rocket effect I referred to w/o having the back end break loose. I upshift/hit the gas just as I hit corner exit. It then pulls me just to the outside rumble strip. (Like your pointing out, if I don't time that shift/gas PERFECTLY, even one time, you will pull away from me.) If I take either Lesmos in 3rd for corner roll, it always pulls me too far out and I go past the rumble strip into the sand OR my exit has no speed. When I tested, every car had this same issue. Is it me? The car? Or just fatsone? I hate driving fastones car so I don't know if I could hold 3rd or not. Not trying to brag on this, but I have raced here so many times, driving it again after so long was like 2nd nature, I hit all my Brake/shift points etc. I was kind of surprised. I pulled out some old spread sheets to see what my times were back then and I'm about 4+ sec. faster. I would expect it due to racing a F458 vs a F360. This is why I like having segment times to focus on new race lines of needed. But w/the grip thing in TT, these will be inaccurate as I've found out.

I hope for a competitive race too. Not that I care if you win, but at least be a little challenged for it🤣🤣 I think we are all comfortable w/Monza so I expect a solid race from everyone. There's a pants down spank'n for those that don't cooperate on this one. So ThisFknGuyHere needs to get his **** together already🤣🤣

I'm totally dig'n the conversations with you guys and here your perspectives and new ideas👍🏻🍻🍻🍻
I do most of my practicing against AI or in convenient Sport Mode events. One because it's much less boring. Two because I'm a terrible at run hot laps. I make time by trying to be consistent, staying on track, and not hitting things. I rarely ever post fastest times.

I would have never guessed that. I've never heard anyone but my Chiropractor that drives AT. All of you drive as if your in a cockpit w/a wheel, driving in 1st person view, racing your years😳👍🏻 That is crazy to hear. I could race stick on GT 1&2 but was never as fluid as you are CW. You can see the chopyness I'm talking about in the daily races, your very smooth👍🏻

I have a lobby opened right now w/race setting... I know what your thinking and I do have this one set up correctly. W/exception to damage. I see no sense in hobbling a car back around if your just running laps. But I'm trying fastone's Lesmo sector advice and can't seem to get it. If you can fastone, I would like to run a few laps tomorrow and compare. I can feel I'm leaving probably close to a second on the track w/ running low 1:40s. If this is it, I may break high 38. ???? Get a good tow and I'm sure some one will hit high 38s.

I will on Saturday morning between 10am and noon CST, maybe even as early as 9am. If I online and not in a lobby feel free to message me and I will set up a lobby quick, I have the settings saved.

I do most of my practicing against AI or in convenient Sport Mode events. One because it's much less boring. Two because I'm a terrible at run hot laps. I make time by trying to be consistent, staying on track, and not hitting things. I rarely ever post fastest times.
Thats how I prefer to pass if there is time, just follow the guy in front and everytime he looks in the mirror I am there just waiting for him to make a mistake or run wide.

I will on Saturday morning between 10am and noon CST, maybe even as early as 9am. If I online and not in a lobby feel free to message me and I will set up a lobby quick, I have the settings saved.
I'm definitely up for some practice before the lobby opens. I've improved to be consistent with the 1:39s but I still don't feel like this track is 2nd nature for me yet. I'm still making careless mistakes and slowing too much for corners probably mostly because I practice at 1am after doing a 10 hour shift of work in front of a computer. I hope to be fresh and rested for practicing Saturday morning and for the race of course. Long race will require serious focus. The long straights can take that focus out of you real quick. It's imperative that you exit all of the corners on this track with as much speed as possible to carry down these loooong a$$ straights.

I would have never guessed that. I've never heard anyone but my Chiropractor that drives AT. All of you drive as if your in a cockpit w/a wheel, driving in 1st person view, racing your years😳👍🏻 That is crazy to hear. I could race stick on GT 1&2 but was never as fluid as you are CW. You can see the chopyness I'm talking about in the daily races, your very smooth👍🏻

I have a lobby opened right now w/race setting... I know what your thinking and I do have this one set up correctly. W/exception to damage. I see no sense in hobbling a car back around if your just running laps. But I'm trying fastone's Lesmo sector advice and can't seem to get it. If you can fastone, I would like to run a few laps tomorrow and compare. I can feel I'm leaving probably close to a second on the track w/ running low 1:40s. If this is it, I may break high 38. ???? Get a good tow and I'm sure some one will hit high 38s.
I'm not fluid is the correct word for my shifting yet. It's still not second nature to me yet. Even after 11 months of manual shifting. It takes a long to gain the skills needed to be good at racing. Well except for the gifted drivers. Still gives me great respect for real race drivers.

Then again it probably doesn't me help that I don't do manual shifting in Wreckfest or The Crew 2. Demolition derbies events stink with manual shifting.

I'm definitely up for some practice before the lobby opens. I've improved to be consistent with the 1:39s but I still don't feel like this track is 2nd nature for me yet. I'm still making careless mistakes and slowing too much for corners probably mostly because I practice at 1am after doing a 10 hour shift of work in front of a computer. I hope to be fresh and rested for practicing Saturday morning and for the race of course. Long race will require serious focus. The long straights can take that focus out of you real quick. It's imperative that you exit all of the corners on this track with as much speed as possible to carry down these loooong a$$ straights.
Never said Monza was an easy track. Even without the 40 mph first chicane. Monza is not the most grippy track to begin with. The long straights allow tires and brakes to cool a little too much. Making it easier lock up under braking.
The lack of any kind technically section and all the long straights makes necessary to properly learn every corner on the track.

One thing that has always surprised me about Monza. Is it's high tire wear for the type of track it is. No it's not worst track on tires but, if I ran this same tire multiplier at Le Mans. You could probably almost get 2 stints out of your tires. I'm not sure what they pave this track but, it's not a friend to rubber tires.

Never said Monza was an easy track. Even without the 40 mph first chicane. Monza is not the most grippy track to begin with. The long straights allow tires and brakes to cool a little too much. Making it easier lock up under braking.
The lack of any kind technically section and all the long straights makes necessary to properly learn every corner on the track.

One thing that has always surprised me about Monza. Is it's high tire wear for the type of track it is. No it's not worst track on tires but, if I ran this same tire multiplier at Le Mans. You could probably almost get 2 stints out of your tires. I'm not sure what they pave this track but, it's not a friend to rubber tires.
that 1st corner without the Chicane and the last corner really tear up the tires if you're not as smooth as possible. Pretty sure the heavy braking is part of the problem too. Hopping on some practice tonight if any of you East Coasters are night people. See you tomorrow!

that 1st corner without the Chicane and the last corner really tear up the tires if you're not as smooth as possible. Pretty sure the heavy braking is part of the problem too. Hopping on some practice tonight if any of you East Coasters are night people. See you tomorrow!
The heavy braking theory would work if you saw a similar amount of wear at Le Mans. Which you don't, Le Mans is a very low wear race track. It's why I to change tire wear to x10 for the mixed class Special we ran at Le Mans in August. I would Monza a moderate tire wear race track. If it's not the driving then it most be the pavement. Whatever type of pavement they use for Monza is very abrasive.

The heavy braking theory would work if you saw a similar amount of wear at Le Mans. Which you don't, Le Mans is a very low wear race track. It's why I to change tire wear to x10 for the mixed class Special we ran at Le Mans in August. I would Monza a moderate tire wear race track. If it's not the driving then it most be the pavement. Whatever type of pavement they use for Monza is very abrasive.
Monza is almost all right hand turns, especially the high speed corners, Curva Grande, Lesmos 1 & 2, and the Parabolica are all high speed right hand turns.

Back