Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robin
  • 8 comments
  • 1,202 views

Robin

Premium
Messages
16,809
United Kingdom
United Kingdom


:lol: I always think of that.

Looks pretty good especially with its modest budget and its been getting good reviews. As origin stories seem to be all the rage what are peoples take on this one? I think its out today.

Robin.
 
Personally, I think of this :


We need a Simpsons video archive or something :lol:

On topic, the trailer looks quite good. Genetics and origin have always interested me, so I'll be seeing this when I get the chance.
 
I'd rather watch a movie about the bugs from Starship Troopers taking over the planet rather than a bunch of apes.

Absolutely no damned interest in this piece of crap. But I can't understand the appeal...
 
I'd rather watch a movie about the bugs from Starship Troopers taking over the planet rather than a bunch of apes.

Absolutely no damned interest in this piece of crap. But I can't understand the appeal...

Well, it's appeal (for me) lies in what could happen if we happen the technology to increase the intelligence of other species. Especially primates, seeing how many genes we share with them.
 
I'd rather watch a movie about the bugs from Starship Troopers taking over the planet rather than a bunch of apes.

Absolutely no damned interest in this piece of crap. But I can't understand the appeal...

It's got monkeys in it. It's got machine guns in it. Hell, its got monkeys with machine guns in it!
 
Well, it's appeal (for me) lies in what could happen if we happen the technology to increase the intelligence of other species. Especially primates, seeing how many genes we share with them.

I guess I understand the appeal there.

But in an (kind of) unrelated vein, why do aliens always have to be hideous and ugly and dumb enough to be outsmarted by humans but smart enough to have enormous space ships? And apes win every time?

It's got monkeys in it. It's got machine guns in it. Hell, its got monkeys with machine guns in it!

HAH. Can't argue with this. :)
 
I'll see it tomorrow or after if I got time, it has good reviews and one particular thing that got my attention:

Gorilla beating up a helicopter(airborne).

This is the sort of thing that gets my attention.
 
It's got monkeys in it. It's got machine guns in it. Hell, its got monkeys with machine guns in it!

:lol:

That should be the quote on the poster outside the cinema.
 
Dude that movie rules
 
Back