Rivals Times Bragging Thread

• Thread starter Maxx2013
  • 4 comments
MaxxyPaxxy
There didn't seem to be a thread dedicated to Rivals times so I'm making one to continue the off-topic discussion from the physics thread so that that thread could hopefully go back to being about physics.

So I just got pretty high up on the Gallardo on Laguna spec event, without even using the clutch (I consider it cheating on cars with sequential transmissions :P), and also on the Veneno at Spa VIP event.

My best times though are on the Track Toys Autocross and R-Class Track Day events, both front page times I think. Any challenges are welcome. :)

I think this is a suitable thread for this :sly:.

The last couple of days since I found out about the B class modern sport legends league it's prompted me to try and make the Volvo 850 competitive, on speed tracks :lol:. So I set to work on making some tunes, tried both RWD and FWD configurations and then I found out, if you keep it FWD you actually have enough PI to fit the 825 HP racing V8, and if you're up for it, even upgrade that to 994 HP.

I decided on the Daytona layout with no bus stop chicane as my test track and at first I was just aiming for top 10 in it's division, that came rather quickly so I decided it would be cool to see it in the top 100 overall. 3-4 hours of testing different builds and trying to drive this nightmare with no TCS and I've made it, my 994 HP FWD Volvo wagon is 74th overall and along the way achieved top of it's division with a 1:40.215.

Edit: 1:40.041, I want to reach a 39 now :D.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the Super Trofeo, it being a little understeery for me out of the box, but it does make for some consistency around Laguna. After 10 minutes, I've had a bunch of 1:38's. Put too much Lambo off track coming out of the second-last turn though, muddying what was a 1:38.5xx run. So for now it stands at 1:38.824. I don't think I'll ever catch @Ialyrn, though!

Decided to try the Lime Rock autocross. I used to be fairly good at them in FM4, and the current ones seem hard. second clean run put me at 1:37.476, good for 74th in the world, and just about four seconds than @Maxx2013 and @Im_Lukas (who apparently just set his time yesterday, as luck would have it).

With regards to the entire reason this thread was created: certainly I'm not the only one to appreciate the irony of someone taking such personal offense to another member calling their in-game driving skills poor, that they immediately take to the game to find one instance they've (fairly) gone faster, then continue to hound the other member about it. Only to go silent when they've been beat again. :lol:

I just couldn't stand the Lambo. It's such a boring car to drive that I just couldn't be bothered to keep pushing. I think I managed 1:38.8xx before I called it a night though. The amount of understeer you get during powering through was crazy.

Decided to try the Lime Rock autocross. I used to be fairly good at them in FM4, and the current ones seem hard. second clean run put me at 1:37.476, good for 74th in the world, and just about four seconds than @Maxx2013 and @Im_Lukas (who apparently just set his time yesterday, as luck would have it).

Haha I was actually going to try and go through all of the rivals events setting some times but I couldn't find the motivation and just left it at the Lime Rock autocross event, fell at the first hurdle :indiff:. Maybe I'll revisit it soon. I can remember there was one autocross event on FM4 on Catalunya where the Joss JT1 was the top car, I spent so long driving that slowly climbing the leaderboards, apart from the Rolls Royce CBH event I haven't found anything near that enthusiasm again.

What we really need here is a Gurkha or Limo autocross event, as long as the cars are unusual then I can find some real motivation :lol:.

Back