RM question

• Thread starter mgb-gt
  • 28 comments
I was just wondering what exactly a racing modification does to the car since I have no PS1 memory card and the game freezes at random times. Thanks!

Further weight reduction, adds downforce and sponsor decals. Sometimes the car's body profile changes slightly too.

Also, I added an RM mod to my RX-7 A-SPEC along with 400 horsepower and soft tires front and rear. But whenever I go into a fast corner the 2 inside wheels lift up! Its hard to control the car like that.:scared: Do you guys (and girls) have any tips for the problem? And by the way the wings are at max down force. Thanks!

Try softening the springs and dampers. Also try lowering the stabilizer values. This 'bouncing' on 2 wheels is a common problem with RMed cars in GT1 because their weight gets unrealistically low. If nothing works, try driving more smoothly (no jerky movements, don't ride the kerbs).
Hope that helps 👍.

Try softening the springs and dampers. Also try lowering the stabilizer values. This 'bouncing' on 2 wheels is a common problem with RMed cars in GT1 because their weight gets unrealistically low. If nothing works, try driving more smoothly (no jerky movements, don't ride the kerbs).
Hope that helps 👍.

Thanks! But will the cars normal turning be affected by the change? Also I have learned after the trial mountain reverse race that kerbs and RM mods don't mix!:scared: Thanks again!:)

By softening the suspension you'll get more body roll when you turn, so you can expect a bit more understeer than usual. But it's not a major problem, and the time you gain by not bouncing around will be more than enough to make up for the time loss understeering.

I had that problem with the TRD3000 before any mods. Eventually dialled it out with supension changes but it may have been cause I was riding the kerbs to hard.

TMM
I had that problem with the TRD3000 before any mods. Eventually dialled it out with supension changes but it may have been cause I was riding the kerbs to hard.

HEY!!! TMM IS BACK! Where you been, man? Good news or bad? Can we have a party? :cheers:

Nice to see you back, TMM 👍. Are you going to stay longer now :D?

I don't know, man, but I'm ready for a PARTAY! Got the champagne all ready! :cheers:

No seriously, where you been, TMM? I've been wondering for awhile...

Last edited:
I don't know, man, but i'm ready for a PARTAY! Got hte champagne all ready! :cheers:

Well, don't get too carried away Parnelli, or it will end up like the 'any pros in GT2 thread?' :lol:. That started with a few beers and popcorn remember?

Well, don't get too carried away Parnelli, or it will end up like the 'any pros in GT2 thread?' :lol:. That started with a few beers and popcorn remember?

oh yeah...I'm ready for that!

Come on TMM, where the 🤬 are ya? Geez, I hope we didn't scare him.

Last edited:
oh yeah...i'm ready for that!

Come on TMM, where the 🤬 are ya? geez, i hope we didn't scare him.

I was quacking in my boots. Apologies if that reads wrong and I'm doing duck impressions. That must have been a time I popped in quickly one lunch time and then never got the chance to re-visit. Sorry if I spolied the party!!!

When you added racing exaust to the car, did it change the look of the rear end of the car?

Last edited:
As far as I remember, it didn't. Which car did you experience this with?

I'm not sure, been many years since I last played GT and so it's more of a feeling that maybe it did make a change.

Personally, I've felt that along with the reduced weight and change in the car's body look that it MAY also affect your wind resistance in a good way if there is such a system in the game. Not entirely sure of this claim though, as I had heard it from "Shadowracer311" while they were sleeping. Seems that he/she has a bit of a sleep talk problem. Anyway, he/she seemed to claim that by adding an RM to any of your cars that the car will have decreased wind resistance and that the car would accelerate even faster when behind another car while Racing Modified. But of course, this is all I heard from him/her. Oh and by the way I wanted to ask something here, which is this; who exactly is TMM? Because he sounds to me that he seems kind of cool.:) Also, 1 last thing. I'm starting the "G.T.S.S." in here. Know what the acronym means? "Grand Turismo Scientist Symposium"! A place where gtplanet's top leading scientists can converse about discoveries and problems with the cars in the game, with the cure! And I decided to personally invite LeGeNd-1, Superberkut, TMM, and Sportswagon to become the top scientists of gtplanet along with me!:)👍 Gentlemen, you've been given a great honor...

Personally, I've felt that along with the reduced weight and change in the car's body look that it MAY also affect your wind resistance in a good way if there is such a system in the game. Not entirely sure of this claim though, as I had heard it from "Shadowracer311" while they were sleeping. Seems that he/she has a bit of a sleep talk problem. Anyway, he/she seemed to claim that by adding an RM to any of your cars that the car will have decreased wind resistance and that the car would accelerate even faster when behind another car while Racing Modified. But of course, this is all I heard from him/her. Oh and by the way I wanted to ask something here, which is this; who exactly is TMM? Because he sounds to me that he seems kind of cool.:) Also, 1 last thing. I'm starting the "G.T.S.S." in here. Know what the acronym means? "Grand Turismo Scientist Symposium"! A place where gtplanet's top leading scientists can converse about discoveries and problems with the cars in the game, with the cure! And I decided to personally invite LeGeNd-1, Superberkut, TMM, and Sportswagon to become the top scientists of gtplanet along with me!:)👍 Gentlemen, you've been given a great honor...

...and this post makes me wonder if you wrote this in your sleep!

Oh, sheepish laugh I see. It's just that I had a hard day at work. Mostly because I HATE doing returns at Walmart!

RM isn't what makes the car bounce, its the soft tires the car has.

I think it is more likely the quite firm suspension settings you end up with after a RM cause the bouncing, especially if you are a bit gung ho attacking the kerbs.

Yea...especially in GT1. If your suspension is too low and stiff, and you drive on a bumpy course like Trail Mountain, you'll actually lose speed as your car bounces.

The Dodge Concept is a great example. I was addicted to its speed but I couldn't understand why it lost so much over bumps. Well, I visited some GT bulletin board (not GTP, tho) where some guy was recommending damper settings of "2" all around. I tried it...did the trick!

Last edited:
Word.

RM also makes the cars ridiculously light in GT1, which causes them to fly at even the slightest bump on the road (Demio and Trueno comes to mind).

@ gtmaster: :lol: You sure are creative dude, but I think after all these years we have covered everything there is to GT1, scientific or not :lol:.

Back