RM vs purpose made race cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Drift260Z
  • 13 comments
  • 2,224 views
Messages
902
Messages
hachi_kid
I'm thinking about taking a RM'd ZR1 into the race with the other touring cars, and possibly the race with all the prototypes. will I do well with this? speaking of race modifications, is there a list somewhere that tells you which cars are eligible for the race modification treatment?
 
Its just like modifying a normal car only the RM makes it look track ready and installs some of the parts you would buy anyway
 
It also does the modifications at a discounted price compared to if you were to buy all the parts on your own.
Also, it changes the appearance of the car in to a track-ready racecar.
 
It also does the modifications at a discounted price compared to if you were to buy all the parts on your own.
Also, it changes the appearance of the car in to a track-ready racecar.

Most importantly it add ls a significant amount of downforce.
 
The ZR-1 is a very good car, especially once RM'ed and maxed.

It is often used with great success in the Like The Wind event, which is against LMPs.
If someone averagely skilled like me can beat LMPs with it, it should have no problems against touring cars.
 
The Nissan Silvia has unbelievebly good handling when racing modded, destroys the field in the GT World championship.
 
Des the RM give the car a wider track, or better stance for handling corners as well? There has to be some other perk to it if it's only available on 17 cars. What did PD do to it that made it so limited?
 
It's a total race conversion (including dash), with better handling than the 'bolt on' ZR-1 stuff. The race version was far, far faster around Indy than a fully modded ZR-1 and is able to full throttle all the way around Indy for easy low 45 second times and 98,000 credits in less than 4 mins. I had to re-apply stage 2 engine upgrade and re-purchase stage 3, I don't know if it was a glitch as I'd modded my out before conversion, but the car has 905 hp and only weighs 1100kg.
 
Which cars can be given the RM treatment? I want a full list.

Also, I currently have the C6 Z06 '06 RM. Does anyone know if there is any benefit in upgrading to the C6 ZR1 '09 RM? I'm guessing not.
 
The RM also takes the weight down significantly more than if you just did the weight reduction upgrades yourself.
 
It's a shame the list is only limited to 17 vehicles, there really needs to be more.
 
The RM also takes the weight down significantly more than if you just did the weight reduction upgrades yourself.

Yeah I RM'd a 2010 Camaro it took the weight from 1700+kg to 1200kg.
 
Back