Road America

• Thread starter Chunk88
  • 42 comments
Am i the only one who thinks 390 likes for this isn't enough at all?

GT needs more Real Life Tracks, there's only 4 tracks from 'murica in GT6 and 2 of those 4's are just ovals so I guess plenty of players would be happy if PD added Road America in GT7.

Am i the only one who thinks 390 likes for this isn't enough at all?

GT needs more Real Life Tracks, there's only 4 tracks from 'murica in GT6 and 2 of those 4's are just ovals so I guess plenty of players would be happy if PD added Road America in GT7.
Well, 389 people agree with you. ;)

Still, it amazes me that so many people would prefer old, fake GT tracks to new real ones.

Road America one of americans best and purest motorsport tracks should always be in gran turismo! cant believe that COTA the worst track in usa and all those fantasy tracks get so much love in this race track forums.

Last edited:
Road America one of americans best and purest motorsport tracks should always be in gran turismo! cant believe that COTA the worst track in usa and all those fantasy tracks get so much love in this race track forums
Road America has 413 Likes, and COTA 363. Only seven tracks have more Likes than Road America, with one being Sears Point at 422. That actually makes Road America the third-most Liked real circuit (Snaefell, Sears Point, Road America), second-most Liked real permanent circuit (Sears Point, Road America), and three of the top four real locations are in the USA too (Pikes Peak being top - and top of all - but it's not a circuit).

People like fictional tracks because the fictional tracks have always been part of Gran Turismo. The first game was exclusively fictional tracks, and the second game only featured one real track (Laguna Seca, also in the USA) and a further real location (a... creatively interpreted section of Pikes Peak). It's not much of a surprise that GT fans also fondly remember GT's fictional tracks.

Road America one of americans best and purest motorsport tracks should always be in gran turismo! cant believe that COTA the worst track in usa and all those fantasy tracks get so much love in this race track forums.

So.. what's wrong with COTAS? Plenty of technical corners and straights. Love the curves and elevations changes... again, what's wrong with it? :confused:

So.. what's wrong with COTAS? Plenty of technical corners and straights. Love the curves and elevations changes... again, what's wrong with it? :confused:

It is an uninspired racetrack made by the famous german track designer(Tilke),
he literally copy/paste every turn in this track from other racetracks (which are already in the game)
Almost half of the F1 calender are copy/paste Tilke tracks this days:ill:, a few
real original USA tracks like: road america, road atlanta, sebring, sonoma would'nt hurt the game.
I'm not saying its a bad track, its just more like same old same old.
Heres an example of his copy/paste work:odd:

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/circuit-of-the-americas-greatest-modern-track

It is an uninspired racetrack made by the famous german track designer(Tilke),
he literally copy/paste every turn in this track from other racetracks (which are already in the game)
Almost half of the F1 calender are copy/paste Tilke tracks this days:ill:, a few
real original USA tracks like: road america, road atlanta, sebring, sonoma would'nt hurt the game.
I'm not saying its a bad track, its just more like same old same old.
Heres an example of his copy/paste work:odd:

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/circuit-of-the-americas-greatest-modern-track

Oh I seee...

That doesn't make me enjoy it any less - and I will continue to drive it and enjoy it endlessly in every racing game it gets featured in. Happy motoring! :dopey::D

Back