Road B Sampler SeriesPS4 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 55 comments
I knew there was a reason... I'm sort of glad that I didn't get first now, although I would have enjoyed a race to the end, I would have felt bad taking advantage of a misfortune.
No way you should worry about that sort of thing! This misfortune was no misfortune at all, it was simply a product of inadequate preparation! Would've been 200% fair if you won! :D

the new tyres had the tyre pressures completely tanked,
I've had a word with the pit crews about implementing a new handicap system. Promising results so far.. :mischievous:

as we were going by someone who was being lapped, something happened and Zolon crashed!
Hello. 👋
And no I didn't hit him. I think the sound of the Zonda startled him. :)

Don't I get extra points for using both the wild Veneno and the mad Cinque? Probably some extra points on my driving license anyway!

Fuel usage? I'm using the Tesla at Spa.

And no I didn't hit him. I think the sound of the Zonda startled him. :)
I can confirm that. I just took my eye off the ball for a millisecond, which is all it takes at "The Scottish Play-ground" and that was enough to smash my motor to pieces.

Hey ho, I'm loving Spa in these cars, and can't wait for Monday :)

Chaps, there will be NO requirement to change tyres tonight. The mandatory pit stop is still in place for the second race, but you can stay with the same tyres throughout. Please do make sure that you set your pit stop strategy so that the crew give you enough fuel to get to the end (21 laps).

Wow ... you sure that wasn't a human? Even the Eau Rouge/Radillon section was made like PSN user IMACHEATERULOSERSHAHA (fictional name, you get my point)

Even with 2 fans blowing it's a bit stiffening in my 'racing room' at the moment. I'm not sure I'll last for the 45 minute race. We'll see if it cools down a little before 8pm..

just checking damage was on
You seem to get much more air time on the PS5. Must be all that extra performance, it gives you wings :)
(It does appear to be very smooth actually)

Results from Spa:

Race 1:
race 1.jpg

Race 2:
race 2.jpg

Standings:
RoadB.jpg

Sorry I quit after 10 laps in race 2, it wasn’t going well, I pit and thought if I didn’t touch the controls and let it exits the pits , it would go into auto drive , never used auto before, it didn’t . So I rage quit. That’ll teach the AI!
So how does this magical auto drive work?

Lol you rage quit from the pits? How was it, when you noticed your ai team mate wasn't getting in the car you went into a tantrum, threw a can of red bull at him, cursed at the pitbabe, fired the chief mechanic and stormed off in your moped! Was that it? :D

Funnily enough, since I was getting hot and bothered, I actually switched to the AI driver during race 2. It wasn't good. Zo must have the skill level turned down since 'Bob' shot off down the straights and pottered very slowly around the corners. I decided to retire on the 3rd pitstop! Not the best of races.

The option is in the race strategy section of the in car menu @Pantheons. Down the bottom - Swap Driver. Switch it to on before entering the pits and the AI will take over as the car drives out. And setting it to off (or is it on again, can't remember) will allow you to take over once more after the car pits again.

Last edited:
Hum Paul, not sure about that last bit, I think you must also set "swap driver" to ON to recover human control of your car. But I will check asap, this is a very important feature for the "ADAC 2H" event.

Btw, for that one AI will probably be set at 100/0. They'll be as polite as possible, but they'll be competent/fast drivers (and with less aggression less prone to incidents), so if you give out a stint or two to your teammate while you go for a snack he won't embarass you.

Last edited:
Hum Paul, not sure about that last bit,
I know, me too. I do it automatically and forget what it actually says. We ought to do a race where it's compulsory for the AI to do one stint. That'd be interesting. :)

Haha yes well I was walking away from the steering wheel as my car auto drove down the pit exit, glanced at the TV to only see my car drift ever slower across the track into the barrier on its own!! I sacked everyone instantly by txt and hit the off button. So now I know it was my fault I’ve re employed them again on lower wages because they didn’t warn me.
Me and the team will have a post race meeting, it’s going to be awkward.

Last edited:
Right, so just a quick review about Spa:

Race 1 - Found myself alone in using the Zonda rocketship and it delivered an easy win. The last few laps I was more interested in the close battle between 2nd (@Zolon32 ) 3rd (raeggee) and 4th (@Napalm_LT ) and also trying to check the difference between that group and the rest of the field, a difference that grew steadily to about 20 seconds, just what Napalm needed to keep 4th place (because he suffered a 20 secs penalty from the start). Had I known what cars all others were going to use I'd have used the Ford GT first (the win wouldn't be assured, but the fun would ;) )

especially because ...

Race 2 - Zolon had the Zonda to use for the 2nd race and I was out of ammo by then! :dopey: :lol:
Well, about this race what can I say, I didn't stand a chance even if the Ford GT was a good car for Spa, and for a while I just about managed to carve through the field following Zolon close, then he was very cool following the race leader João (jmpa) for a couple of laps, I did get close to them and passed João right after Zolon did but after that ... he just did his thing and so all I could do was watch the gap grow at a steady pace until the end. I think I lost some extra time in the pits (added much more fuel than I needed) but there was never a question about me having the capacity to challenge the lead. So I'll proudly take that 2nd place thank you :)

Onwards and upwards to Silverstone, still have the Enzo to use, probably will use a full Ferrari lineup for this last race.

PS - Zolon you asked about race length ... I don't mind long races so for me you can leave it as it is, but whatever you decide is fine by me

:cheers: all!

Tough races yesterday, especially the 2nd one:

There was a bit of confusion at the start. The grid wasn’t in order, I should’ve been behind @half_sourly, but you didn’t get into the right position - I think you actually started behind.

At the pit stop, Although it wasn’t necessary, I thought of exchanging the tyres. In F1 they only take 2-3sec, so with fresher tyres I thought it would be a good gamble. It was not :D … Note to self: it takes a lot longer than 2sec to exchange the tyres.

Finally, due to the extreme weather it was really hard to do the 2nd race. I was completely soaked at the end. For that reason, it was really tough to finish it. Regarding race length. I tend to prefer shorter ones, but happy with whatever you decide. Hopefully forecast is better for next Monday.

tal
I was completely soaked at the end.
I know, I was a bit damp at the end of the race. And I didn't even complete all of it!

If it's still hot next week I'm going to use this...

...filled with cold water. I'm not sure how much water will be left at the end though.

and the epic pit in/out
You definitely need to update your sat-nav Napalm. It seems to have the data for the old pit entrance. :D

Long or short of it.

I prefer shorter races myself. However I also don't mind the occasional longer race either. So as a suggestion that might suit everyone, perhaps have 2 weeks with shorter sprint races (3 x 20min?) then 1 week with the longer endurance race as you've been running. Repeat until championship finished.
It might mix it up a bit regarding car choices for each event.

Last edited:
Good to have you back Napalm!

he was very cool following the race leader João
It's not so much that I was cool Mario, it was just that Joao was going pretty quick, and I certainly didn't want to smash into him as I had done in Scotland.

Anyway, fellas, one of the excellent things about an experimental series is that you can experiment...

So, Silverstone... I'm going to go for four races there, with the weather slowly getting worse. I think all of these cars come with a snow tyre option, so that shouldn't be a problem... Okay, okay, the weather will remain pleasant throughout, no snow or rain; just sunshine and a little cloud.

There'll be ten minutes of quali for each, and the races will be six laps long. We should be able to fit four of those in I think.

This brings a couple of problems.

A/ We've only been scoring two races per meeting so far, but will score four on Monday. The answer... I'm going to ask @half_sourly ... to double the scores for the races from Scotland and Spa. Imagine, now just imagine the amount of fun and laughter Half is going to have in years to come, retelling the story of when he, Pointsmaster General, was asked to double the scores, when his race-name was Half. Honestly, I'm nearly falling off my chair with mirth. No, stop it now, stop it, I can't take any more.

B/ Okay, onto B. Oh, I see I've already done that... B is the problem we might have if people run out of cars to swap to because they keep standing on the podium.... Answer, the McLaren and Mercedes from C class Road cars will be available. In fact, they're now available to anyone who wants to use them (Until banned from doing so by getting onto the podium, that is).

So, in summary... At Silverstone we will have four six lap races, with ten minutes of quali for each. The podium car-ban still applies, but to help with this the McLaren 570S and Mercedes-AMG GT R from C class are now available, in addition to the B class cars we already have.

Thanks @Zolon32 for organizing this series, and @half_sourly for scoreboard.

It was great once again to participate in this championship.

This last day felt almost like a rally super special. Different rules, several short races, more points at stake, and opportunity to see different cars on the line up - I think it was a good season finale.

Congrats on the championship Zolon, and tio Mário on the 2nd place.
I'm delighted with my 3rd place! :D
Looking forward for the next one :)

Last edited:
Back