"Road Car" vs Group "C" Again!!!

• Thread starter Old Geezer
  • 4 comments
United States
Bastrop, TX
"Road Car" vs Group "C" Ver. 1.1
at
Professional Hall Gran Turismo World Championship

Looks like BH-21's "Real Racing Tyres" races are going to be on "Hiatus" for a while, :indiff: so before I renew my quest for 200 pt races I thought I'd pursue a series I've been thinking about for a while. Over six years ago I defeated the GTWC with a "Road Car" but it was in fact just a street legal (in Japan) race car, sans racing number & wing. I recently stumbled upon a "Real" Road Car which just may be capable. Unfortunately I started testing with race #3 [Hong Kong] & have tested through race #8. It won't be a "Walk Over" by any means so before I start over with race #1, I thought I'd run a check to see if there is enough interest for me to keep track of everything & do a complete Race Report. What do you guys think??? 👍 / 👎 ...O.G.
old.gif

I'd love to read that, it sounds like a great idea! If you decide to do the championship on such a hard level, then good luck, and I hope you'll succeed! :D I wonder what car you'll be using. quick guess, is it the R390 GT1 Road Car?

I wonder what car you'll be using. quick guess, is it the R390 GT1 Road Car?

Hiya odnomre: Check back about 6+ years here in the Race Reports section & you'll see that the R390 GT1 Road Car was the ride I last used & was referring to above. Before that I did it with two different JGTC Rides as well.
Many THANX...O.G.
old.gif

Last edited:
Go for it!

In my mind, there's only 3 "road" cars that have a good shot at winning. The R390, which already won it, the ZZII, which is capable with a good suspension, and the Cien despite its shifty shifting habits.

The XJ220 would be a good candidate if it went on a diet, and the C12S 7.3 would devour the competition if it had some available downforce settings. Still the C12S 7.3 would be my dark horse choice to win it all.

The GTSR Viper and Ford GT rank up there as well, as do the W12 Nardo and NSX-R LMRC. All possible winners that would finish better than the mighty 1136 HP Speed 12. Its raw power only matched by the number of times it goes off careening into the wall. As fast as these four are, I don't think any stand a chance.

I'd be surprised if the Cien isn't the car of choice and even more so if something outside my list of 10 can win.

and the Cien despite its shifty shifting habits.

:lol::lol::lol: for the above quote & THANX for the input!!! The ride I'm using is NOT on your list...BUT... more importantly, I may have run into a bit of a snag. I fear I may have discovered an unknown GT4 Glitch. :indiff: As I said I started with Race #3 since it's always been a Benchmark for me running this series. I didn't pay attention to what the line-up was & just ran the race, which I won by 19+ seconds. As I'm a fan of Hong Kong I wasn't overly surprised by the victory but I was very pleased with the Margin of Victory.

Ran races #8-10 this a.m. with mixed results. Most times the "A.I." doesn't drive well at Suzuka but these guys are the exception. I had to settle for third as for the first time that I noticed, TWO of them don't pit!!! Didn't win at Grand Valley either but "Smoked 'Em"" at Le Sarthe. Expected the early fast car to pit on lap #3 but he stayed out. NO Problem as I ran sans Pit Stop for the first time & had an easy 6 second victory. 👍

Now...to the suspected "Glitch". I spent over an hour resetting over & over attempting to find the same line up that I faced for eight races. The score is VERY Close & those first two races will determine "IF" I can best them or not. No more time to search for it today but rain due the next few days so I'll make another attempt to get a perfect match. "IF" I can pull off a victory I'll of course reveal my choice of ride. I have another one in mind that has slightly less power BUT lots more down force. It may serve my driving style a little better. We'll see. Many THANX...O.G.
old.gif

EDIT: Sorry guys, :indiff: just sat through a mind numbing 50 reset session & couldn't find a line-up even vaguely like the one I ran the eight races against! Will edit it in here "IF" I'm able to attempt this again.
old.gif

Last edited:
Back