Road Grime Observed!

• Thread starter Hawker4
  • 12 comments
United States
Florida
So, If you haven't noticed yet, which it came as a surprise to me, but the cars develop road grime through out a race. This was only a two lap race and had the grime on it more towards the end of the second lap. I noticed it on a replay that plays directly after the race and went into photo mode to investigate more. Even the grille gets road grime on it! What? Nice attention to detail PD! Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.

I didn't tweak camera settings on these except for the last one. I only moved the white balance down twice for the last image to help see the road grime better.

0px4.jpg

euki.jpg

zyp3.jpg

This is not like Race Drover Grid where every jump in San Francisco your glass of a car gets covered in "battle scars".

That doesn't look like any road dirt at all, there are scratches and deformation points in parts too. You sure you didn't run into anything?

I will double check tonight when I get home from work. I know at one point I scraped a wall slightly on the passenger side. However, that wouldn't make any sense still for the grime/damage look on the hood or the front. Or even the drivers side for that matter.

If you drive on a snowy track your car gets snowy, & also if you drive in sand, your car gets dirty. But I believe that was in GT5 aswell. But it didn't happen as fast in GT5.

Hey, I tested it out last night and that was definitely damage. I must have bumped into that wall harder than I thought. My bad. I was half alive when I watched the replay but it was still weird that it was all over the car when I only hit one side which is what confused me I guess. Sorry about the confusion.

If a mod wants to delete this thread feel free too.

Back