Road Grime Observed!

Discussion in 'GT6 Photo Mode' started by Hawker4, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Hawker4

Hawker4

So, If you haven't noticed yet, which it came as a surprise to me, but the cars develop road grime through out a race. This was only a two lap race and had the grime on it more towards the end of the second lap. I noticed it on a replay that plays directly after the race and went into photo mode to investigate more. Even the grille gets road grime on it! What? Nice attention to detail PD! Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.

I didn't tweak camera settings on these except for the last one. I only moved the white balance down twice for the last image to help see the road grime better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ScotteDawg likes this.
  2. ScotteDawg

ScotteDawg

Good shots.

3. happycorey

happycorey

Are you sure you didn't run into anything?

4. billyJoe

billyJoe

haha great was hoping for this

5. Normalaatsra

Normalaatsra

This is not like Race Drover Grid where every jump in San Francisco your glass of a car gets covered in "battle scars".

That doesn't look like any road dirt at all, there are scratches and deformation points in parts too. You sure you didn't run into anything?

6. billyJoe

billyJoe

only way is for someone to check this themselves in game I don't have the game yet

7. Hawker4

Hawker4

I will double check tonight when I get home from work. I know at one point I scraped a wall slightly on the passenger side. However, that wouldn't make any sense still for the grime/damage look on the hood or the front. Or even the drivers side for that matter.

8. LancerEvo7

LancerEvo7 Premium

That looks like it came from hitting something.

9. RevoXeli

RevoXeli Premium

If you drive on a snowy track your car gets snowy, & also if you drive in sand, your car gets dirty. But I believe that was in GT5 aswell. But it didn't happen as fast in GT5.

10. CoolJetta3

CoolJetta3

those marks are from hitting stuff. I saw that on one of my cars after stuffing another car into the corner

11. MedigoFlame

MedigoFlame Premium

Definitely looks more of damage than grime.

This is grime from going off track somewhat:
    [​IMG]

SCER and Normalaatsra like this.
  12. Hawker4

Hawker4

Hey, I tested it out last night and that was definitely damage. I must have bumped into that wall harder than I thought. My bad. I was half alive when I watched the replay but it was still weird that it was all over the car when I only hit one side which is what confused me I guess. Sorry about the confusion.

If a mod wants to delete this thread feel free too.

13. billyJoe

billyJoe

ok so you dont get general road grime from non contact or off road activity?