Road Knight Virtual Garage Update: Im back!

• Thread starter Willboss
  • 22 comments
United States
United States
Willpleco1998
Hi, I'm Will. I've always have been a motorhead despite the fact that I am 17, and only have my learners permit. When I was about 13 I started watching Top Gear UK and that's when my passion for cars really took off despite being raised on Mario Kart and Need For Speed. A couple of years ago, around Christmas, I wanted a new gaming console and decided to go with a PS3 (Even though the PS4 came out shortly later.), and really wanted a good racing game. I wanted graduate to the next level of racing game and found Gran Turismo 6 about a week after it came out. I watched reviews on YouTube and was blown away by how realistic it was. As of the time I'm posting this I'm almost done with career mode (saving up to enter the final international a championship) and should enter online mode within a couple of months. I plan on tuning cars to my driving style which is geared more towards under steer, as much power as possible, as much weight reduction as possible and with as little wheel spin as possible. I'm going to admit now though that I do race with ASM and skid recovery on, and I don't really know where to start with my tunes and don't have a whole lot of time to play, so I mostly use other tuners tunes as a starting point. However, don't let this turn you away from my work because I won't post any tunes that I haven't modified further, and my brother has tested some of my tunes with all the assists off, and they're pretty decent. I also will mention the tune I started with with my version. Some of my tunes are completely my own work though. I'll post some tune mods soon and hope to get some of them on the tune directory. (Note: Due to limited play time, I can't take requests. Sorry.)

Last edited:
Hey guys! I've got some tunes ready to post but I need some help. I'd like to post photos of my cars with my tune. I've seen you guys do this using Gran Turismo's photo travel and was wondering how you can transfer photos from the PS3 to my phone (my computer runs extremely slow so I manage my stuff on my phone)? I've seen people on YouTube who use apps to download pictures from thier phone onto thier Playstation, but not the other way around. :confused:
I'll post my first 5 tunes once I figure this out! :gtpflag:

The easiest way is probably to create a Facebook soley for your gt6 gallery, export your files from your ps3 to there. But I've never done it, just a thought.

I tried creating a Facebook account for my gt6 cars, so I could post pictures of them with my tunes. Despite the fact that I found my account on my phone, friended it and refreshed the page several times, I still couldn't find the pictures. :banghead: :grumpy: 🤬 So, I'm not going to post pics, but once I start racing online, you might see them. Without further ado here is the first tune: the Chevy El Camino. I used Arrakis Speed Shop's tune as a starting point.

1967 Cheverolet El Camino 396

PP: 550

Tires
Racing soft

Suspension
Ride height
87 90
Spring rate
12.95 8.61
Compression
3 6
Extension
4 8
ARB
5 7
Camber
0.6 0.3
Toe
0.04 0.14
Racing brakes
5 7

Transmission (Apply transmission before power upgrades.)
Use Feydrautha's tune and then drag the top speed slider to 162 mph.

Drivetrain
LSD
Twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports ECU
Semi-racing exhaust
Isometric exhaust manifold
Sports catalytic converter
Intake tuning
Supercharger: No
Power limiter:100%

Body
Ballast weight: 200kg
Ballast position: 50
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction

I've been trying to tune this car forever. Takes a very careful driver who knows not to floor it in the hairpins and when to brake or it will do burnouts.
Enjoy! Here's to my first tune! :cheers:

Last edited:
2007 Mazda RX-8 Type S
Based on a tune by Arrakis Speed Shop

PP:493

Tires
Sports soft

Suspension
Ride height
110 110
Spring rate
7.78 8.67
Compression
3 5
Extension
4 6
ARB
4 2
Camber
0.2 0
Toe
0.02 0
Racing brake
5 8

Transmission
Use Feyedrautha's tune. Don't forget to apply the gearbox tune before adding power.

Drivetrain
LSD
Twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports computer
Semi-racing exhaust
Intake tuning
Turbo: Mid RPM turbo
Power limiter: 75%

Body
Ballast weight: 150kg
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction

Rotary engines are supposed to work really well with turbos and lag very little. That isn't the case with this car as off the line acceleration is a bit slow. However, once it gets going it's not too bad. It does a little over 160 mph on Big Willow's main straight and can make a lap with no burnouts. Probably could go a little over 200 if you gave it a big enough straight.
Enjoy! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Always great to have new tuners jump in. Tunes are looking good, I wish you the best of luck with your garage. If you ever need help, feel free to ask. Several(many actually) really great guys around here.:)

Keep the tunes coming.:D

2008 Honda Civic Type R
Based on a tune by Arrakis Speed Shop

PP: 523

Tires
Sports soft

Suspension
Ride height
108 105
Spring rate
5.03 5.18
Compression
2 4
Extension
4 5
ARB
4 6
Camber
0 0
Toe
0.02 -0.02
Racing brakes
5 5

Transmission
Use the default 6 speed gearbox settings and change the final gear to 4.750. Don't forget to apply the gearbox tune before applying the power upgrades.

Drivetrain
LSD
Twin plate clutch

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports computer
Racing exhaust
Intake tuning
Turbo: High RPM turbo
Power limiter: 100%

Body
Ballast position: -50
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Flat Floor

Honestly I've never been a big fan of FF cars. They have too much under steer if you give them too much power. I've been trying to tune this car along with the 2013 Ford Focus ST and have gotten terrible results, until now. The Civic turned out a lot better than I expected. It has good under steer and speed. The lowered gear ratio, big turbo, ballast weight and being front wheel drive has lowered the overall acceleration substantially but is tolerable and can keep up with similar cars.

Enjoy. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
2013 Ford Focus ST
Based off of a tune by Lead Foot Garage

PP: 519

Tires
Sports soft

Suspension
Ride height
85 85
Spring rate
8.49 7.97
Dampers
5 5
Extension
7 5
ARB
3 6
Camber
1 0.5
Toe
-0.16 -0.12
Racing brakes
5 7

Transmission
6 speed transmission
Remember to apply the transmission tune before adding power.

Drivetrain
LSD
Twin plate clutch

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports computer
Racing exhaust
Intake tuning

Body
Ballast position: -50
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction

This car was a pain in the butt to tune. The car has soo much under steer and a lot more power than most FF, non-racing cars, so it's definitely the hardest FF car to drive without creating a burnout. Off the line acceleration has been ruined a little bit but overall acceleration is pretty good. The car pushes soo much that when the car turns the tires heat up to a light yellow but don't create wheel spin. The 2013 Focus probably has the highest top speed of any FF, non-racing car though.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
2011 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
Based on Racerz Edge's "Jack the Ripper" Tune

PP:635

Tires
Racing soft

Suspension
Ride height
95 95
Spring rate
9.48 12.42
Compression
5 6
Extension
8 7
ARB
4 5
Camber
4.2 0.9
Toe
-0.16 0.69
Racing brakes
5 5

Transmission
Use Racerz Edge's tune. Once you apply the tune set the final gear ratio to 3.760. Don't forget to apply the gearbox tune before the power.

Drivetrain
LSD
9 8
12 32
9 21
Twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft
Center diff
34:66

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports computer
Sports exhaust
Intake tuning

Body
Ballast weight: 0kg
Ballast position: 0
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction

This is my favorite in game car. It looks awesome, has lots of power and acceleration and handles perfectly. I couldn't wait to improve on one of my favorite cars and am very satisfied with my work on my this car. Acceleration and off the line acceleration is comparable to a fully tuned Nissan GTR, however has less under steer and power than the GTR so it handles perfectly in my mind.
Enjoy my take on my favorite car.
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
1965 Shelby GT350
Based on a tune for the 1965 Shelby GT350R by PKS Customs

PP: 516

Tires: Racing soft

Suspension
Ride height
100 100
Spring rate
8.70 7.70
Compression
5 6
Extension
6 7
ARB
2 5
Camber
0 0
Toe
-0.08 0
Racing brakes
6 8

Transmission
Use the default setting for the fully customizable gearbox and set the top speed to 155 mph and the final gear ratio to 3.890. Remember to apply the gearbox tune before applying the power.

Drivetrain
LSD
Twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports computer
Racing exhaust
Intake tuning
Power limiter: 85%

Body
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction

Because it's the 4th of July, I thought I should post a tune for a very American car. So I picked the most 'Murican car I could find in my garage, a Mustang. A 1965 Shelby GT350 to be exact. When searching for a tune for this car, I accidentally picked a tune for a similar car, the R version of the same car. :lol: However this is ok because the only difference between the two cars have different body kits and the R has more power. The GT350 feels like it has a high center of gravity and like the El Camino, takes a skilled driver to drive properly. The car has a lot more under steer and pushes quite a bit, but if driven carefully it doesn't handle too bad. Thankfully it is powerful and accelerates like a vintage American muscle car should, without the wheel spin.

Have a happy, beer chuggin', 'Murican, barbecue/firework launchin' day! :cheers::gtpflag: Sorry, I live in a semi-civilized town in Kentucky which has a decently sized population of rednecks and thought I would try to impersonate some of the locals. :P
Happy 4th!

Last edited:
2007 Nissan GT-R
Based on a tune by Exeter GT Tuning

PP: 650

Suspension
Ride height
90 90
Spring rate
21.75 9.75
Compression
5 5
Extension
6 6
ARB
2 4
Camber
0 0
Toe
-0.04 0.02
Racing brakes
5 5

Transmission
Use Exeter's tune. Don't forget to apply the transmission tune before adding power

Drivetrain
LSD
10 14
14 20
18 26
Twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft
Center diff
35:65

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports computer
Semi-racing exhaust
Intake tuning

Body
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction

This car takes skill to drive, but once you get the hang of it, it's so much fun. Has lots of under steer, so you really need to know when to break. Accelerates REALLY quickly and has lots of power on the straights. Could kick a upgraded Pagani Huyara's butt in the hands of an experienced driver.
Enjoy! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I tried creating a Facebook account for my gt6 cars, so I could post pictures of them with my tunes. Despite the fact that I found my account on my phone, friended it and refreshed the page several times, I still couldn't find the pictures. :banghead: :grumpy: 🤬 So, I'm not going to post pics, but once I start racing online, you might see them. Without further ado here is the first tune: the Chevy El Camino. I used Arrakis Speed Shop's tune as a starting point.

1967 Cheverolet El Camino 396

PP: 550

Tires
Racing soft

Suspension
Ride height
87 90
Spring rate
12.95 8.61
Compression
3 6
Extension
4 8
ARB
5 7
Camber
0.6 0.3
Toe
0.04 0.14
Racing brakes
5 7

Transmission (Apply transmission before power upgrades.)
Use Feydrautha's tune and then drag the top speed slider to 162

Drivetrain
LSD
Twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports ECU
Semi-racing exhaust
Intake tuning
Power limiter:100%

Body
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction

I've been trying to tune this car forever. Takes a very careful driver who knows not to floor it in the hairpins and when to brake or it will do burnouts.
Enjoy! Here's to my first tune! :cheers:
Can you tune this beast to 1:30.** on the Trial Mountains seasonal TT ?

Man. It's almost been a month since I've posted something. I went on vacation for a week, and spent another week playing another game. Where did the time go? :confused: Summer is almost over. :( I'm planning on playing GT6 soon and will probably post a few new tunes soon.
Stay tuned! :gtpflag:

Can you tune this beast to 1:30.** on the Trial Mountains seasonal TT ?
I don't take requests because of limited play time, but I can give you some starting points. Just start with my tune and make the following changes. I use racing soft tires and the event calls for sports hards. Even though my tune has 550 pp you will want to tone down the power. Using my tune with Stage 2 engine tuning, a sports exhaust, and not using intake tuning would be a good amount of power reduction, but you may want to remove more for a smoother drive. Or if you drive like Jeremy Clarkson you may want to leave it alone. You may want to upgrade to a triple plate clutch for smoother gear changes. I normally don't use a triple plate clutch because gear changes are delayed slightly when going uphill, and I prefer a general setup for all tracks, but Trial Mountain doesn't have any large hills so you should be fine. I put a 200 kg. ballast weight in the back, I'd probably try reducing it to 100kg. You may want to make the gear ratios closer together for quicker acceleration but it will result in not as smooth of a drive. If you do mess around with the gearbox remember to uninstall the power upgrades, tune the transmission and then reinstall the power upgrades or the car won't go very fast. It wouldn't be a bad idea to stiffen the front suspension either.
Sorry for the late response.
Good luck! :D

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) Tune
Based on a tune by Get Funky Garage

PP: 639

Suspension
Ride height
80 80
Spring rate
16.26 18.65
Compression
8 8
9 9
ARB
5 5
Camber
0 0
Toe
-0.02 0.41
Racing brakes
5 5

Transmission
Use the default 6 speed transmission setting and adjust the final gear ratio to 3.100. Don't forget to apply the transmission tune before applying the power upgrades.

Drivetrain
LSD
Twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports computer
Sports Exhaust
Intake tuning
Supercharger: Stock
Power limiter: 90%

Body
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Flat floor
Custom rear wing
Downforce
0 20

I actually live in Bowling Green, Kentucky, the town where the Corvette plant and the national museum dedicated to Corvettes is. Pretty nice car once I was done with it. Has some oversteer but still handles nicely in the corners and doesn't do burnouts in the corners. This thing is a rocket on the straights.
Enjoy! I'm glad to be back! :cheers:

Last edited:
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Racecar Tune
Based of off a tune by HTR Tuning

PP: 657

Suspension
Ride height
70 70
Spring rate
17.46 20.92
Compression
7 7
Extension
8 8
ARB
4 4
Camber
0.4 0.3
Toe
-0.05 0.08
Racing brakes
6 7

Transmission
Use default settings, set the top speed to 267mph and set the final gear ratio to 2.400. Don't forget to apply the gearbox tune before applying the power upgrades.

Drivetrain
LSD
Carbon driveshaft

Power
Stage 3 tuning

Body
Downforce
250 575

I entered this car into a few of the International A championships. Before I tuned it it was almost impossible to drive. Way too much oversteer, couldn't find enough grip on racing hards, and accelerated way too quickly. I don't know how I got 3 stars on all the events I entered it in (after about 15 retrys and countless spin outs later :lol:). After the events, I've refined the suspension, gearbox and downforce, (and gave it decent tires :P), and in the hands of a good driver can destroy similar touring cars. It has a little bit too much under steer but if you brake at the right time it's manageable. I've significantly lowered the off the line wheel spin, but it still will make a burnout on the start. It does accelerate a bit slower than the stock car, but it definitely benefits the handling and increases top speed.

Last edited:
1997 Nissan GT-R Skyline V-Spec (R33) Tune
Based off of a tune by HaB-Racing

PP: 650

Tires: Sports soft

Suspension
Ride height
110 110
Spring rate
8.50 7.56
Compression
4 5
Extension
5 7
ARB
4 5
Camber
0 0
Toe
0.10 -0.05
Racing brakes
5 5

Transmission
Use the standard 6-speed gearbox. I'm not sure if I applied the gearbox settings or the power settings first. Just in case, apply the gearbox first then apply the power.

Drivetrain
LSD
10 10
40 40
20 20
Twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft
Center diff
35:65

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports computer
Racing exhaust
Intake tuning
Turbo: Mid-RPM turbo

Body
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Flat floor

Now I know why these things are called "Godzillas". :eek: Has 650 PP (the same as my modern GTR) accelerates REALLY fast and goes around corners like a touring car. Hit about 180 mph on Willow Springs Big Willow and could probably go a little over 200 mph if I had more room. Should turn some heads and make some jaws drop to the floor in online mode. :lol: Can't believe this one drives on sports softs! I'm also surprised that the high RPM turbo has less horsepower than the mid-RPM turbo. More horsepower with less lag? I'm ok with that! :D I also noticed this with the touring car version of the same car.

Enjoy the insanity! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Tune
Based off of a tune by Bowtie's Speed Shop

PP: 530

Tires: Sports soft

Suspension
Ride height
100 100
Spring rate
9.75 13.45
Compression
4 4
Extension
6 6
ARB
3 5
Camber
1.5 1.0
Toe
-0.25 0.10
Racing brakes
5 7

Transmission
Use the 6-speed transmission. Don't forget to apply the gearbox before applying power.

Drivetrain
LSD
Twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports computer
Sports exhaust
Intake tuning
Power limiter: 80%

Body
Ballast weight: 150 kg
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction

Has a surprising amount of under steer for an American, V8, muscle car. Good power and acceleration. Won't light up the tires. Should be a strong contender for 550 PP races.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
1970 Chevy Nova SS Tune
Based off of a tune by Arrakis Speed Shop

PP: 529

Tires: Racing Soft

Suspension
Ride height
90 90
Spring rate
19.74 11.21
Compression
7 7
Extension
8 9
ARB
5 6
Camber
0.6 0.3
Toe
-0.02 0.13
Racing brakes
5 7

Transmission
Use Feyedrautha's tune and then drag the final gear ratio to 2.519. Then drag the top speed slider to 155 mph. Don't forget to apply the gearbox tune before applying the power upgrades.

Drivetrain
LSD
Twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports computer
Sports exhaust
Intake tuning
Power limiter: 85% power

Body
Ballast weight: 200 kg
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Custom rear wing
Downforce
0 20

When I told my dad I tuned this car his response was "Why did you tune that thing? It's a brick?!" :lol: He's sorta right. Even with the stiffened suspension (the spring rate is almost at the car's limit) it feels sooooffft (like a boat). It's barely race-able. You need to brake a lot with this car. Despite the soft suspension and weight, the speed makes up for it. Off the line acceleration is terrible with the 200 kg ballast weight, but once it gets past 30 mph it should make its way back into the pack. Shouldn't light up the tires, if you drive it like my El Camino. You do need to break more though.

Last edited:
2008 Audi RS6 Avant Tune
I'm sure who's tune I used to base this tune of off. Maybe HaB or Exeter?

PP: 626

Tires: Sport soft

Suspension
Ride height
145 145
Spring rate
17.94 13.27
Compression
4 4
Extension
5 5
ARB
4 4
0.5 0.5
0.10 -0.05
Racing brakes
4 8

Transmission
I'm not sure what I did for the transmission. I think I used the fully customizable gearbox and set the final gear ratio to 3.317.

Drivetrain
LSD
5 7
30 11
10 11
Twin plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft
Center diff
50:50

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports computer
Racing exhaust
Intake tuning
Turbo: High RPM Turbo

Body
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction

A station wagon with as much horsepower as a Bugatti Veyron is unheard of. This thing is heavy and has lots of under steer and power, so you need to break a lot. Definitely not your mom's station wagon. Ok that was corny. :lol:

Enjoy. :)

Last edited:
Sorry I fell off of the face of the earth again. A huge update for another game I play came out and was preparing for it. I also got grounded so that also has prevented me from tuning. I should be posting a tune or two sometime soon.

Back