Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Dream Of The Ring

Ahrweiler-TownSquare-1.jpg

Pre-Race
10 days ago, it was beginning to look more & more like I was not destined to make that four hour race like I planned. Then I get a call from a team in Germany, They were looking for a driver to participate in the four hour race and came across my number. A team that wants me to drive for them? I would've been an absolute fool not to jump at that chance so I accepted their offer and a day later, I packed my things, boarded a plane and headed to Germany. Here I am now at the event itself and its a interesting mix of cars. I would be racing a 24 Hour race winning car against this field with had undoubtibly more powerful cars, including a Red Audi R8 LMS, Which I reffered as "Skarlet" since that red reminded me of someone of the same name. I would be starting seventh, ironic considering how lucky I was to get a ride. Perhaps it'll reflect my luck for the race too if things go right.

Last edited:
Start/Hour 1
Green flag waves, cars around me either get smaller in the window or fly by me. Going into turn 1 though, went very deep on the brakes, making up all lost spots and then some. Immediately, I was on the 2nd and 1st place cars going into the Mercedes Arena. I flew by the Red Audi on the outside through Turn 5, then got by the RUF in front through Kurve and set off. At least thats what I had in mind until the Audi got into 2nd. I reached the Schikane and for most of the lap, had built a huge lead. However going on to the Dottinger Hole Straight, I had lost alot of that lead, from 10 seconds to 5. It would remain that way until the first pit stop, Where both I and the red Audi pitted on the same lap. I took no fuel and managed to stay in 1st and kept a steady pace on much harder rubber. The 2nd stop however, I took fuel as amazingly, the fuel load was not going to last as long as I first thought. That handed the lead over to the Audi and I would spend my outlap chasing it down and trying to catch it and wrestle the lead away. Back on to that straight and I was this time on the massively losing side of the speed advantage as the 2 seconds I had left to gained grew right back. Thankfully however, the Audi pitted on this exact lap so I was able to get the lead back. So far, I've found my first competitive Rival and she's not a push over. These next three Hours shall be interesting as the battle with Skarlet has begun.

Hour 2
Into the pits I went and taking more fuel, Once again Skarlet flew by and once again, I was in full attack mode. This time I would have to bring down a 16 second gap beginning on my outlap. Through it all, I managed to get it down to 8, even with traffic on the same lap before Dottinghole. I surge by as she pulled in laps later, putting on the biggest gap I can and increasing it ever so slightly. The traffic was beginning to get more & More Busy as the laps counted. Now comes lap 16 and the next stop.

Hour 3
I came in for Tires and a more full Tank of Fuel. To my surprise, the advantage I had was cut down as she pulled in as well. It was now a race of whoe could get the work done first and be out. By only a second or two, I was beaten out. Thankfully however, the gap was nowhere as big as it was earlier so within soem corners I managed to creep up and thanks to the erratic driving of a lapped car to startle her, I snuck by and never looked back, for that rest of that lap at least. I was now on the move and keeping the car on track for the remaining time of the stint. I was now approaching Lap 24 and with it, a third hour about to go by. I now cross my fingers as the finish was in sight.

Hour 4/Finish
With One hour to go, it was on. I Came storming out the pits and was driving the hardest I ever driven. As usual, it felt all for nothing when I approach the front stretch and lost out on the straightaway speed. Thankfully the very next lap, I managed to close on her, now only a fer seconds away. With 30 minutes to go, we both came in for what would be one of our two final stops. Before I knew it, I was beaten out of the pits because I took more fuel then I needed and it showed in the handling. I would have to start over on making up time. With only thirteen minutes to go, I pitted once again at the same time as she did. This time however, I came out not too far away and I was able to close the gap down. with only lap to go and only about six minutes until the clock stopped, I kept pressing and getting closer and closer. Finally coming to the second carosel, I was right there and made a pass on the outside just before the switchback and went through it flying. I managed a gap until the straight came along, this was going to determine the race. I was at my max speed while SKarlet was fast approaching. I could hold her off after the Bilstein Bridge, but even in the series of corners before the finish line, my tires were shot which meant I wasn't getting out the corners like I did before so she closed up more. With a final burst to the straight, I was looking dead at my mirror anticipating her to close on my side and she did. We crossed the line and thankfully by only .005, I took the checkers. That was the most thrilling race I had ever been part of.

Reflection
It was only a four hour race, but it was by far the hardest. All the other races I had never been pushed or challenged for a win. Today however, I was and it made me drive harder then ever (at times, over the limit). And to think in a few weeks time, I have to do it again, this time at a track I hate like before, but for 9 hours straight. Almost my idea of hell in race form

Last edited:
won by .005??? oh my gosh...
you took a picture of the race result? if so please post it...

I am currently doing this challenge with the RX7 TC...
nearly 2h done and a very comfortable lead... i am now trying to beat my best lap time...something about 8:17 or so...with race hard tires...

won by .005??? oh my gosh...
you took a picture of the race result? if so please post it...

I tried to, but my camera wasn't working at the time and contrary to what I thought, It doesn't save the replay :indiff:

Back