Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
9 Hours of Hell

Kyoto-Shoren-in-1.jpg

Pre-Race
Reluctant but somewhat determined, I arrived. Last time I was here, I had to only endure it for four hours. Now I return do so now for an additional five more hours. My mind might have been aggravated before its even started but for the sake of getting it over with, my body was ready.

Last edited:
I HATE THIS RACE!!! I HATE THIS RACE!!! I HATE THIS RACE!!!!!

I spread it out over a week and a couple of days. Doing a stint here, hour and half there. Begging my daughter to partner up to break the [new word she learned] MONOTONY!!!

With 3 hours left, I threatened her with weeding the garden of every single weed or help me finish this wretched race. She opted for the race. In our Imprezza TC mildly tuned, she took my 6 (or 8?) lap lead down to 3 in her 40 lap stint. Then it was my turn for 40. Got bored so when the tires were ready for changing, I'd like to "tag" the track with burnouts by roasting the tires to the point of having to crawl around the track!

Put fresh rubber on the Subby and.....Pinkee was sleeping! I pitted around the track until there was 50 minutes left for her to finish the next day.

Well, her friend comes over I was soing stuff outside. Instead of playing with the Sackboys and Sackgirls, I suggested finishing the race. My daughter let her friend race first. The extent of her experience was a couple of events on Round One of GT Academy!!! Apparently Dakota had no idea what the other pedal was for! Her steering wasn't bad with the T500. She just had no idea why she kept hitting the wall though every time the track was no longer straight! :P

The 3 lap lead vanished, well duh. Subby was in 2nd. With just a handful of laps left, my daughter put on her serious hat and got the lead back, then the win!

Almost a week and a half with bribery and begging to do this miserable race (FOR A SECOND TIME on her PS3 'cuz my fat PS3 suffered fatally from YLOD) and all we got was a measly 1.1 million cr! However, my rank went from 37 to 39!!! Yay me!

This race wouldn't be so terrible if this track had time change. Ugh

Segment 1 (Start/Hours 1-3)
A good start meant I was able to make three positions through turn 1, then in turn 2 would gain three more. By the end of the first lap, I was in the lead and for the next 9 hours I was in for a boring, irritating outing. Just the first three hours were filled with lapped cars and lapsed thinking (with some tires in the grass). If this was anything to go by, hell on earth had arrived.

Segment 2 (Hour 4-6)
Coming into the pits for fuel and tires and a drink, I was at a major state of aggrevation from the amount of overly aggressive driving I had encountered. The thought was there just to get out and leave and say "to hell with it". But somehow, in the interest of completion, I stayed in and as I went back out, I kept at it. Before I knew it, I had reached the halfway of the race as it had been Four and a Half hours since I started. Slowly but surely, the silver lining actually started showing for me as it meant I was getting to the end. Thirty Minutes and an Hour of collisions and off-road excusions later, I now had three hours to go. Only for that amount of time longer, I would have to endure this track.

Start doing burnouts everywhere. It's great when your tires are shot, you can light 'em up through third in the Subby TC ;)

Think I'm going to start this soon, is it worth using a underpowered car to make it 'slightly' more interesting?

Also if I get my bonus to 200% will stay that way if I spread it over continuous days?

priesty_lfc
Think I'm going to start this soon, is it worth using a underpowered car to make it 'slightly' more interesting?

Also if I get my bonus to 200% will stay that way if I spread it over continuous days?

The track is just awful for 9 hours!!!!! Especially when we had the Miata, err MX5, err Roadster Enduro. Having a 9 hour race here was really dumb.

Yes the bonus will remain until you finish. But then it recalculates after you get to the Home page.

DaveTheStalker
The track is just awful for 9 hours!!!!! Especially when we had the Miata, err MX5, err Roadster Enduro. Having a 9 hour race here was really dumb.

Yes the bonus will remain until you finish. But then it recalculates after you get to the Home page.

Yeah 4 hours were 3 hours to much!

Cool, will get back to 200% then go for it, on level 38 at the mo so the sooner I can hit 40 the better!

Thanks

priesty_lfc
Yeah 4 hours were 3 hours to much!

Cool, will get back to 200% then go for it, on level 38 at the mo so the sooner I can hit 40 the better!

Thanks

On the XMB, you can set the "Time Zone" to 11:xx pm and when it hits 12am, load up the GT5 home page. It'll take a few hours. You might get lucky and have some half hour time zones.

Segment 3 (Hour 7-9/Finish)
At long last, the final hours were here. I came out the pits after the full service and was well on my way. I just needed to hold it together for just three more hours and it would be over. As time wound down, it was getting more dicey and aggressive. Some of the drivers seem to think it doesn't matter if I'm the leader, I'm just gonna be shoved off just as much as the cars not lapping them. I did have to remind one that I wasn't backing down and almost ran him into another car. With only 10 minutes left, I was getting the msot excited I've been this whole race as this hell was at its end. and when the timer stopped as I was coming off the final corner, I was relieved and exhausted. 9 hours of that and it finally ended.

Reflection
That night, I sat collecting my thoughts, trying to grasp what was next. Luckily, it was the final two I had been working towards, the only reason I even was willing to suffer that torture. Le Mans, thats all I had to read to know that finally I had reached the big time races.

Last edited:
Right now I'm 16 hours into my Le Mans race. it's been raining since hour 8. one thing I hate about this race is all the rain. other than that, it's fun :D

Latest Posts

Back