Thanks to AMG. for the map.đź‘Ť
Contenders:
Acura/Honda NSX Type S Zero
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ '01
Nissan Skyline V-Spec II [R32]
Toyota Supra RZ
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ '01 (ME)

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII GSR

This is not my first attempt at this, but GT3 is not my forte.
I've tried this earlier with the Impreza 22B, '98 3000GT, and Lancer Evo 5. And, it was not good from the start. So, here's my secret weapon, the RX-7! And my Driving Force Pro!

Qualifying
So, I grab some sports tires, and we're off. I start to qualify, and I got pole position, but the NSX beat my time. And again, pole, then beat by NSX by tenths of a second. At lap 4 he pits, I stay out another lap, then pit, he beats his time AGAIN! At lap 6, I just said, this is fine. The starting grid was,.....I don't remember...., but I beat 3rd place by 5 seconds, A great start.

Laps 1-7 11 Minutes
Auto Drive, and we're off for 2 hours in an original circuit. The NSX takes a quick lead off the gate, 'cause he's amazingly quick, and I'm already thinking, now what?, this could be an issue, like the Normal Cup in Gran Turismo 1, where the NSX always dominated. At turn 6, he hits the rocks, and I get the fast lead by around 2 seconds. Now, I think that the race is gonna be and the NSX, and everyone else trailing by 20 miles:) And by the middle straightaway, I look in my rear view mirror, and look who it is, the NSX FULL SPEED AHEAD! Hits me and I start to drift, but I save it around turn 8, and we're good. Turn 13, and I look in rear view mirror, and a little ways back, the NSX FLIES like there's not tomorrow, or flipping restrictions. This continues, for the next 5 laps, and NSX, Skyline, and someone else pits, and the NSX goes in second place, comes out second place, I'm around 22 seconds ahead, and I need to pit NOW! Lap 7, and I'm in the pits. What place will I come out in? Stay tuned.

Laps 8-13 21 Minutes
I'm out of the pits, and the NSX speeds past me, almost got away in first. I'm already starting to feel a rhythm of pitting, but not for long, the NSX pits at lap 11. Good laps, around 1'36:500, and getting slower. Lap 13 comes along, and my tires are wearing thin, and the Lancer finished pitting, and I see him along the straightaway, and I pass him at turn 11. I'm only 16 seconds ahead, and I don't think this will last long. I'm in the pits, and I'll be back.

Laps 14-19 31 Minutes
Out of the pits in second, obviously, but a little ray of hope appears. The Lancer is just in front of the NSX on lap 14, and getting closer, and I'm around 5 seconds back. Lap 15, and we're at turn 7, and the Lancer is fighting for his life, and his lap, and loses on the straight, but that's the little ray of hope. Because, the Lancer is slower, the A.I just can't get around an opponent right away. I got 3 seconds back, but who cares, 'cause the NSX is pitting on lap 15, and I pass the Evo, and he gets his lap "back." On turn 4, I like to start a drift so I can't exit out at around 65mph. Lap 17 comes along, I've got a 20 second lead, and the Supra, Skyline, and Evo VII pit, at pretty separate times. I only lapped the Evo, for the 3rd time, (he got his lap back a lot, very resilient) and another couple laps go by, 22 seconds ahead, and finally lap 19, and I'm pitting. What place will I be exiting in?

Laps 20-25 42 Minutes
I suprisingly exited in first, but not for long, the NSX passed me at turn 3 like a pro, through the inside. He slows down a tad too much at turn 6, and now I go through the inside and overtake (karma sucks, doesn't it?). Then, he pits, and I'm back in the lead by 15 seconds. Lap 21, and the Lancer, and Skyline pit. The Supra or RX-7 pit (I don't remember which one, I just saw RZ and assumed). No one lapped, the crown is spread throughout the course, 18 seconds ahead, and this continues. In the pits on lap 25, and around 20 seconds ahead. Be back once again.

Laps 26-31 51 Minutes
This is where my planning comes to life, right before I exit the pits, the NSX PITS! I am brilliant. So, now I'm up by 31+ seconds. Lap 27, the Skyline and Lancer pit once again, and still no sign of anyone to lap since the Lancer, twice. Lap 31, I got so excited, my voice cracked, and I accidently scared my cat, who was sleeping. The NSX pit AGAIN! Now, I have locked in my victory, as long as I don't...mess....up...POW....I turned to early into turn 7, and hit the inside wall. Right before I passed the RX-7. Off to the pits, right after the Supra. I'll be back, at the 1 hour mark.

Laps 32-36 59 Minutes
After the insane pitting "glitch" with the Supra, I exit first, and lapped the Supra in the process, by 20 seconds. By the straightaway, the RZ is gone. Lap 33, the Skyline pits, as well as the Lancer. Lap 34 or 35, the RX-7 goes to pit, first time in a while. Lap 36, the NSX is in, and so am I, up by around 20 seconds. I pit too early, 'cause I thought I pit every time the NSX pits, and I was wrong. But, I'm still in first and doing well.

Laps 37-42 69 Minutes
22 seconds ahead, lapped the RX-7, 'cause he got lap back. Lancer pits, Skyline pits, NSX pits, same old, same old. Best lap time is still 1'35:1xx something. Got through this hour with ease. Standings as I see them:
1. Me​
2. NSX (down by ~20 seconds)​
3. Supra (down by at least 70 seconds)​
4. Skyline (lapped once...I think)​
5. RX-7 (lapped once)​
6. Lancer (lapped 3 times)​

Laps 43-48 79 Minutes
Lap 43, Skyline pits, then Lancer, Lap 44, Supra pits, Lap 45 new best lap of 1'34:607. It felt like everything on that lap went perfect, it was unreal. Lap 46, NSX pits. Lap 47 RX-7 pits, Lap 48, Skyline and I pit. I feel like this endurance got real easy real quick. During this my brother was playing Gran Turismo 1, and I was helping him. Also, I was thinking of a multi-monitor setup for GT4.

49-54 89 Minutes
Exit in first by 40 seconds, lapped the Skyline, but went into a nasty skid on turn 8, trying to get away from him. NSX pits, and Lancer pits, and now I'm pitting. Just a half and hour left, and this one is looking like it stands.

Laps 55-61 100 Minutes
Still in first by 50 seconds, didn't lap anyone, Lancer, Skyline, and NSX pit. Went an extra lap, just to pit at 100 minutes. I'm wondering why the Supra and RX-7 don't pit often.

Laps 62-68 112 Minutes
First by 50 seconds. Supra pits on 62. Lancer pits. Lapped Supra, FINALLY! Lapped Lancer, by fighting with him. On lap 66?, we traded paint through turns 1-2, and I put him into the grass for not getting out of the way.đź‘Ť Also, got a new best lap of 1'34:581:)

Laps 69-73 120 Minutes
Down the final stretch of 8 minutes, and this one is wrapping up. The RX-7, Lancer, and NSX, of all cars, pit for the final time. I really tried to get a new best lap by seriously cutting corners, but to no avail. I love when I finish endurances, it feels like a huge weight is lifted of my shoulders, but my hands are freezing.

Results
First: RX-7 Type RZ (ME) - 2:00'50.555 73 Laps
Second: NSX Type S Zero - 2:00'14.939 72 Laps
Third: RX-7 Type RZ - 2:01'15.732 71 Laps
Fourth: Supra RZ - 2:01'24.995 71 Laps
Fifth: Skyline V-Spec II (R32) - 2:00'17.38 68 Laps
Sixth: Lancer Evolution VII - 2:01'35.456 68 Laps

Winner - 150,000 Credits
and Honda S2000 LM Race Car

Last edited:
When I entered the pits just now, the Supra was exiting, and he got stuck behind me, and now we are exiting at the same time, with me in the lead. Insane:drool:

Results are on first post. I've never finished this endurance before, so I feel amazing, even though it took 4-6 hours.

Great work pal! I enjoyed the report, even when it looked in the bag for the last third or so of the race, it kept me engrossed :) All I would say is perhaps have more of a pattern to your updates, it feels a bit random - was it supposed to be like every 10 minutes or so updating? Otherwise, good stuff. Shame this one wasn't in GT2, I almost feel like dusting off GT3 just to run this race :)

I updated every time I pit. I know it's weird, but it was the only way I wouldn't forget who pit when, and stuff. I played GT3 just for this race, just because I was in the mood.

RX-7 is no good for this race....Take it from a person that has been playing it since GT1 on PS1...Beat all tha GT games except GT5...working on it...But anyways....Use the Toyota GT1 Road Car....Not the Toyota GT1 Road Race Car...Dont buy anything for it except the oil change for extra Horsepower and the tires...And by the 5th lap...you should of already overlaped them...And when I mean beat them..I mean all GOLD licence and 100% complete...Thx...And BTW...to get that car....Go to Amateur and win 7 or 8 races...save it....and keep realoading until you get that one...Promise youll be happy with those results...Peace :)

Back