• Thread starter E28
  • 18 comments

E28

Premium
United Kingdom
Bristol
Sofa
clubmanstageroute5r.jpg

"Oh you stupid piece of rubbish, go faster!!" screamed George, stamping repeatedly on the accelerator pedal of his imported Focus ST, as a skyline raced into the distance

specialstageroute71c.jpg

"We're just going to Burger King, calm down" said Amy, who was inturrupted by an STi also racing, well, you can guess where..

"But it's embarrassing, and everyone knows I dri-" *SMASH* "🤬!" Although it seemed like an age from in side the car, the Ford had hopelessly swerved into the barrier and was on it's roof in oncoming traffic before you could say 'crash'...

Did they survive? Will the Focus drive another day? Do I need to change the character names? Find out in Chapter 2!

Last edited:
Did they survive? Will the Focus drive another day? Do I need to change the character names? Find out in Chapter 2!

The second I heard that line, I knew this story's gonna be funny :lol:

It's basically gonna be about him finding the person who hit them, and he also ends up racing to find out.

The chapters are really short, but nonetheless this looks like a promising start.

Chapter 2: Car Shopping

"Well, that cut on your leg will take at least a week to heal, but the bruising will be gone in a few days. You got lucky..." said the Doctor, before allowing George to leave. On the way out he spotted a familiar Fairlady.

"Hey, George! I was wondering when you'd be released" shouted George's friend, Hiroshi (no reference to any other stories).

"I suppose the food was equivalent to prison food...:ill:" joked George. "Could we please get some edible food?

"Fine, hop in!" replied Hiroshi, and they headed to the nearest Fast Food joint they could find.

"I heard about the Focus, at least I've got quite a bit of insurance money..." said George, feeling slightly sad. Over lunch he went on Auto trader and punched into the search parameters: European, Under 40,000cr, within 50km. Only 2 results came up:

kyotogion1e.jpg

Lancia Delta HFIntegrale, 29,999cr
43,000 miles, custom suspension, wheels, body kit, engine tuning. Modified to behave like RWD, makes good drifter.

"How about this? I've got some doubts about it's 'tuning'." asked George.

"Yeah, seems a bit risky."

tokyor246o.jpg

Volvo C30RS(ex-RKM test car): 36,732cr
22,000 miles, tuned by RKM, mild engine wear, new tires required.

"I think I might go for this one!" grinned George.

"36,732cr for an RKM-tuned C30. Go for it!" agreed Hiroshi. So they drove to Tokyo, picked up the shiny new Volvo and headed for home.

kyotogionq.jpg

That evening George swung the car into his garage, and admired it for a second, before heading inside grinning like a 5 year old. He couldn't wait to test it on the track...

I bet VTiRoj and Rotary Junkie are loving all the product placements for RKM machines...:P

I was looking for a decent C30 tune and the RKM Volvo appeared, so I used it. Plus I like RKM's tunes...

I'd like to know who keeps selling our demo cars for so cheap. :grumpy: Also if you find a pair of lacey pink pants in the boot, they're not mine. :D:tup:

There was a really dodgy bloke called Rotary Junkie, he sold the car... :P
If anyone wants to participate in a race for the next chapter, gimme a shout!

What kind of car are you looking for?

I'll join in, it's that time again for my Skyline to get out of the garage :).

Also, great chapters, worth the read. Racing + Mystery = :embarrassed:.

Just don't let anyone bring an Armageddon Van again. It was last spotted off-shore somewhere lately.

That weekend

A blue Volvo pulled up at Suzuka Circuit. Around it the drivers of Type-Rs, Fairladys and STis laugh confidently.

"Volvos may be safe, but they're so slow only idiots can crash them!"
"That European granny-mobile is no match for my mighty Fairlady!"
"I like the colour of that Volvo. After I've beaten him I'll ask what colour it is."

They didn't know that the Volvo had a little trick up it's sleeve, in the form of 400bhp and a tune so great it can beat R35 GT-Rs round the infamous Green Hell. Well, I guess they'll just learn that the hard way...

To be continued

Back