• Thread starter Michelin
  • 14 comments

Michelin

What ties you to this world?
Premium
Brazil
São Paulo
GTP_Michelin
After some testing and trying to find the perfect grid and the perfect car, I found the combination.
Using a Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 stock with Comfort Soft tires.
The grid looks like this:

Gerhard Rowe - Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '91
Sebastian Delgado - MX-5 Miata J-Limited (NA, J) '91
Matthieu Duncan - Roadster RS (NC) '07
Haruyoshi Ichikawa - Roadster 1800 RS (NB) '04
Reiko Hayashi - MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
Daiki Yang - Eunos Roadster VR-Limited (NA) '95
Matheus Michelin - Roadster RS (NC) '07
Ben Atkins - MX-5 V-Special II (NA, J) '93
Roger Jorgensen - MX-5 S-Special I (NA, J) '95
Octave Bodin - Roadster 1800 RS (NB) '00
Ryan Giulani - MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
Pablo Bentley - Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '93

Going against the same car being driven by the AI with better tires (I'm with CS and the AI with SS) is gonna be fun and might keep me entertained thru those 4 hours.

Just had to suspend it. 26 laps completed with 32 minutes played... Tires we're 20% shot in a high estimative. Consumed 18L. I could have gone to 1:30-1:45 minutes stints, but I have important things right after lunch which made me suspend the race.

FIRST HOUR UPDATE
Apart from the 32 minute stop because of real life duties, a calm race. I've decided to continue the race from where I had suspend it and throw some SS tires and no fuel. Needless to say, I came back from 11th with a 31 second deficit and turned that into a 1 lap diference with me in the lead :lol:
The other Miata/MX-5/Eunos Roadster/Roadster (call it whatever you like, so many names for the same car :lol:) that is the same as mine is currently the second place car.

I used a Roadster NB '00, which is the fastest non-NC MX-5 here. Did it on SM.

Only won it by about 5 seconds in the end, all in one stint, against an identical NB '00.

Although I'm surprised you're doing so well on CS.

I used a Roadster NB '00, which is the fastest non-NC MX-5 here. Did it on SM.

Only won it by about 5 seconds in the end, all in one stint, against an identical NB '00.

Although I'm surprised you're doing so well on CS.

I'm surprised that I could do a one stop race on CS if I wanted. :lol:

Shame that I wanted to see how good we're the SS tires and they blew up the field in the matter of 50 minutes. I just suspended it again because of the NASCAR Truck race.

NascarManiaco99
I'm surprised that I could do a one stop race on CS if I wanted. :lol:

Shame that I wanted to see how good we're the SS tires and they blew up the field in the matter of 50 minutes. I just suspended it again because of the NASCAR Truck race.

What I was surprised about in my race was (since I did this pre-2.02) how ling the AI could go on tyres. I could go some 45 laps on SM but the AI went 100+, maybe even 110+ or more, on SS. Speed was able to overwhelm them though.

What I was surprised about in my race was (since I did this pre-2.02) how ling the AI could go on tyres. I could go some 45 laps on SM but the AI went 100+, maybe even 110+ or more, on SS. Speed was able to overwhelm them though.

I'm with 1 hour and 35 minutes or 81 laps completed and they still haven't pitted. While I pitted thrice (ok, twice I pitted and suspended in the middle of the stint because I had something else to do :lol:)

SECOND HOUR UPDATE
After pitting with 1:20 raced, I put some CS tires. In 30 minutes, the NCWTS race at Daytona started, so I suspended this race to watch it. The 2 hour mark has been reached, none of the AI has pitted yet, I'm in 1st, one lap ahead of 2nd, which has been trying to take that lap back for some 20 minutes now. 102 laps completed as of now, the best lap I did was 1:07.355 with SS tires.

If you're getting bored, find something to distract you, e.g. listening to the radio. It helped me survive this tedious hell.

DK
If you're getting bored, find something to distract you, e.g. listening to the radio. It helped me survive this tedious hell.

I made myself a challenge. With 1 hour and 15 minutes left, I'm in last with the same tires as the AI (Sports Soft), one lap behind the 11th place, 4 laps behind the leader. Gotta catch them and pass them to win it.

25 minutes has been passed I'm already 10th.

That challenge was too much. There are 14 minutes left, I'm 5th and just now I'm one lap behind.

If I get to 2nd it's lucky.

Finished 3rd. Completed 199 laps.

Matthieu Duncan finished first in his Roadster RS (NC) completing 200 laps.
Octave Bodin finished second in his Roadster RS (NB) completing 199 laps.

My challenge proved to be too much for the poor Miata. But it was a great experience. I'm gonna put Tsukuba on a break and when I come back to do this I'll be sure to make:

Roadster 4Hrs - The Revenge of The Miata Battleground

The best part about the 4hr endurance is after first boring 3 hours, the timer changes to the countdown. It's literally like being tortured. I would actually close my eyes on the straight to get a quick nap. :P

Back