Roadster Endurance

  • Thread starter Thread starter RS4_PRO3
  • 20 comments
  • 1,144 views
Messages
27
I just cant seem get it right.. i got the Mazda MX-5 LS car.. and its great and all but the other MX-5 is getting 1'43.xx when im getting 1'45.xx i wanted to know if there is any up grades i can do to the car or maybe just a different car... thanks for the help!
 
No upgrades. The max u can do is to put an oilchange and super soft tires. Get the super-soft tires and u will get better times. Also, from what I remember the fastest Miata is the most modern, I think the LS. Try not to buy a Miata just for this race. Use some of the first ones u got, the ones u didnt race quite a lot but that have some nice HP
 
The only cars i have for LM race cars 2 787's and all the F's.. and the speed 12... all other races are done.. i need to do this race and finish arcade...
 
Buy T7 tires dude!!
 
WAIT WAIT WAIT!

Don't forget this is an Enduro. There's more than one way to win. That guy may lap 2 seconds faster than you do, but every pit is going to cost him at least 20 seconds or so.

Use Super Slicks, and pit when the tires are orange - no less than 10 laps between pits; probably 15-16. In the meantime, he'll pit frequently and lose more each time he does.

You may not pass him till 25 laps in, but once you do, he'll never get near you again.
 
neon_duke is right. The easiest way to win is via Super Slicks, not Super Softs.
 
Why thanks. And welcome back, YC!
 
:D Yup, I came back Friday evening. :)
 
U need to get the superslick tires and u will only have to pit in every 15 laps. Slow and steady is how u win. I did that one last nite. I won by 1 or 2 laps on everybody. The faster miata will pit in about every 3 to 5 laps.
 
The race took me around 75-85 mins i think. It's one of the shorter ones :D If you've done Cote-D'Azur or Tokyo R246 you'll know :smilewink
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
The race took me around 75-85 mins i think. It's one of the shorter ones :D If you've done Cote-D'Azur or Tokyo R246 you'll know :smilewink
this is the othly race i havn't done... then im off to finish the arcade... thats why i wanted to get this race done... but all the other enduro's i used the F687/S so it went by pretty fast... but Tokyo and Cote were pretty long.. ;)
 
Yeah, hard tyres are the way to go, along with smooth driving to keep your speed up through the corners. Remember the golden rule, slow in, fast out. Get the car pointing the right way out of the corner as soon as possible and get the power down as early as possible.
 
Roadster Enduro – Endurance Section (excerpt from the compendium)

Miata LS. Settings: ASM = 5; TCS = 2. I should have dropped both of these to zero, but I needed a cushion factor. Medium-Slick tires and an oil change.

I pitted on laps: 8, 16, 24 and 32

AI Pitted on laps: 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36 and 39.

I encountered lap traffic on lap 20

MX-5 LS + 1 lap
MX-5 1.8 + 2 laps
MX-5 1.8 + 2 laps
MX-5 + 2 laps
MX-5 + 2 laps

Best Lap : 1’40.118
Total Time: 70’12.685
Average Lap: 1’45.317


And I walked away with a 100,000 and a Green Miata!

AO
 
While the other LS runs well (around 1.42-1.44/lap), it pits every 3 laps. I used the Mazda MX-5 Miata LS off the shelf (0 miles, $0 spent (no HP boost oil change)) with no settings changes (ASM/TCS), and still put the other LS at + 1 LAP.

The benefit of this race is both its length, and the fact that the Miata doesn't move that fast (making it easier on to turn, and easier on the tires). I pitted after every 8 completed laps, with the front right tire going red somewhere around the 6th, and all red by the end of the 8th.

I haven't been able to break 1.40 with an off-the-shelf LS, but I think it can be done (maybe not by me). There are, however, some key things that had to be done for me to even get close...

There are 2 sections in particular that I felt were crucial to good lap times:

For the snake section (in between checkpoints 1 & 2), keep the car in 3rd gear. This can be done by pressing the L2 button, preventing automatic transmissions from shifting up to 4th. Without doing so, the LS will likely shift into an under-powered gear (leading into a hill), averaging 76-79mph for the next 2 turns. Keeping it in 3rd makes it possible to hold this section with a 78-81mph average, finally releasing when the car straightens out (just before hitting the rumble strip leading into the 2nd checkpoint). Doing so has allowed for me to consistently break 34 seconds for T2, even with 1 red tire.

For the final chicane section (in between checkpoints 3 & FINISH), also keep the car in 3rd. If your goal is a short lap time, and not a perfectly-raced lap (like a time trial), you can skip through the dirt for the FIRST (not second) part of the chicane to get a better exit trajectory. Staying on the road, you can maintain 60, which is still good enough for good lap times. I think my best exit mph was 74, but keeping it above 68 will set you up nicely for the final curve. Keeping the car in 3rd gear, you can get trough the final turn as high as 80, releasing it when you finally straighten out for the finish line. Allowing the LS to shift into 4th will likely sacrifice speed, as it will tend to do so in the midle of the final turn.

You can win this race with an off-the-shelf LS no oil, no tires... just keep the car on the road for the most part, and try to run at least 6 laps before pitting. Averaging 1.45-1.47 for non-pit laps will keep you in good shape if you do.

I ended up racing this one about 7 times before I finally won the car I wanted (the F688/S) and saved. Funny to think I may have gotten it sooner without trying to press the button when the circle was lit under it. LOL :\

Better luck than mine,

Hazzard
 
if that doesnt helpp search for Roadster Endurance...i posted a couple posts on this title...
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
WAIT WAIT WAIT!

Don't forget this is an Enduro. There's more than one way to win. That guy may lap 2 seconds faster than you do, but every pit is going to cost him at least 20 seconds or so.

Use Super Slicks, and pit when the tires are orange - no less than 10 laps between pits; probably 15-16. In the meantime, he'll pit frequently and lose more each time he does.
That's strange - my tyres didn't go orange until about lap 23.

You may not pass him till 25 laps in, but once you do, he'll never get near you again.
Yeah, definitely. I passed the front runnuer on about lap 18/19 and he wasn't near me for the whole race.
 
Originally posted by RoadHazzard
While the other LS runs well (around 1.42-1.44/lap), it pits every 3 laps. I used the Mazda MX-5 Miata LS off the shelf (0 miles, $0 spent (no HP boost oil change)) with no settings changes (ASM/TCS), and still put the other LS at + 1 LAP.
There you go. I put T2 tyres on mine, and gave it an oil change, and won by +1.5 LAP, I think.
 
Originally posted by SandStorm
That's strange - my tyres didn't go orange until about lap 23.

Yeah, definitely. I passed the front runnuer on about lap 18/19 and he wasn't near me for the whole race.
Sandy: I've only run this race once (my first enduro, months and months ago when I was only about 20% complete) and I actually ran it on T4s and an 8-lap pit schedule. I was totally guessing about how long the T2s last when I wrote that. If I was doing it again, I'd do it on T2s and only pit once around lap 22.
 
I did this race twice. You can easily win only pitting once half-way through with T2s. (IIRC it's a 40 lap race, so pit at the end of 20).
 
Back