• 9 comments

Mark T

Puts the sex into Essex
Premium
GTP_Mark
Mark T33
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/dc/coollinks3/index/street/smdex/jankel/jankel.html

cover.JPG

Out-accelerates, out-brake, out-corners and has a higher maximum speed than any other series production open sports car in the world.

- 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds
- Standing 1/4 mile in 11.7 seconds
- 0-120 mph in 12 seconds
- 200+ mph maximum speed-6.7Litre V8 motor, supercharged
producing 535 bhp with 608 ft.lb of torque
- ERL system3: self-learning water injection system
- 6-speed ZF manual gearbox or 4-speed automatic
- Three-position computerised suspension control

Dont know if these stats still stand today but I really like this car.

A close friend let me drive her fathers Lingenfelter C4 Corvette a few years ago with about the same hp/tq figures
(383 stroker). Without slicks or drag radials there is no way that car will do 60mph in under 4sec.. :lol:

Either way, a car with that much hp is fast.

Thats the real 0-60 time for that car. There is a video on the net somewhere of someone doing it, but I last saw it around 2 years ago so I'm not sure if I can find it. I'll have a look around though and post it if I find it.

Originally posted by pimpin_t
Out-accelerates, out-brake, out-corners and has a higher maximum speed than any other series production open sports car in the world.

- 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds
- Standing 1/4 mile in 11.7 seconds
- 0-120 mph in 12 seconds
- 200+ mph maximum speed-6.7Litre V8 motor, supercharged
producing 535 bhp with 608 ft.lb of torque
- ERL system3: self-learning water injection system
- 6-speed ZF manual gearbox or 4-speed automatic
- Three-position computerised suspension control

Dont know if these stats still stand today but I really like this car.

The Koenigsegg CC has a removable roof - which is stowed in a receptacle under the bonnet (hood). It has not been recorded officially, but unofficially 0-62mph took 3.4s and the maximum recorded speed (at the Gumball 3000) was 242mph.

The Veyron isn't an open topped car.

The Zonda Roadster has more power at 555bhp. I also don't see how the Tempest could out corner and out brake the Zonda.

Sorry guys I forgot to mention that I first saw this car first around 7 years ago. At the time this was the big kahuna but since then there have been many fast cars released. At the time thought this was considered a top car. Not many people have heard of it though.

Video of the 1/4 mile run, or video of a datalogger showing a 3.3 second 0-60mph time? Do you know what the 60ft time was?

It was a Tempest doing the 0-60mph run in 3.3 secs on a drag strip. had an internal shot of the speedo and everything. Ive looked all day but I cant find it.

I imagine the singular Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante Zagato with a 7.0L conversion had this beat all the way back in 1989.

Latest Posts

Back