• Thread starter Dotini
  • 2 comments

Dotini

(Banned)
United States
Seattle
CR80_Shifty
Light Car Company Rocket '07

The purpose of this setup is to win the 24 Minutes of Le Mans in the easiest way possible.

I started with a well-used Rocket equipped with all available tuning components, then did an engine rebuild, rigidity refresh, oil change and car wash. I had practiced against lineup #1, but it didn't work for me, so I selected the 2nd lineup after console reset. This works better, as the cars are spaced such that you can pick up two or three spots and almost stay up with the pack, using the draft for the first lap.

I finished the first lap in 13th, which quickly became 5th as most of the others pitted at the end of the first lap.
Lap 2, I passed an R390GT1 which hadn't pitted.
Lap 3, Continued in rain and darkness.
Lap 4, Picked up first as the R8 and Minolta pitted end of lap 3. The track dried out.
Lap 5, Best lap, 3:43.131. I'm way ahead.
Lap 6, I pit for 16 liters and fresh Racing Softs. My closest pursuer pits for a full load of fuel and Racing Hards.
Lap 7, safe drive to Victory.

MoV: 36 seconds over R8
Total time: 27:07:690
Best Lap: 3:43.131

653 PP
Racing soft tires

Ride Height: 95/95
Springs: 3.75/ 5.40
Compression 4/4
Extension: 4/4
ARBs: 3/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.0/0.45
Brake: 5/4
Transmission Auto-set: 211 mph
LSD 8-13-25
Ballast: 30@0% (Carried ballast by accident, not needed)
*Optional: NOS @ 30% - used in low gears coming off slow corners 4x per lap.
*Optional: Active Steering Off, ASM Off, TCS 3, SRF On

The lineup I raced against was the 2nd after console reset, as described in the OP. The field was headed by a Toyota 7 and a Minolta Toyota. The 14th and 15th placed cars were a Ford Mk IV and a Jaguar XJ13, the Audi R8 Race Car '01 starting 7th.

However, since then I have reset my console a number of times and checked the lineups for the 24 Minutes of Le Mans. I discovered that the lineups varied somewhat from one reset to another. A Toyota 7 and Minolta Toyota will almost always be found at the front, but sometimes Sauber or Pescarolo is among the front two. The remainder of the grid will be scrambled amongst all the available LMP and race cars. On one check I made going out to the first 20 lineups after reset, I found that the Ford Mk IV and Jag XJ13 were found in 14th and 15th no less than 5 times. It is these lineups with weak cars at the back that I think is most vulnerable to the Rocket, as they can be caught and their draft used for the vital first lap, even enabling the 13th placed car, in my case the Nissan R390, to be passed.

To my knowledge, ALL the AI cars will pit twice, so any lineup should theoretically be vulnerable to any quick car which pits only once or not at all.

Light Car Company Rocket '07

The purpose of this setup is to win the 24 Minutes of Le Mans in the easiest way possible.

I started with a well-used Rocket equipped with all available tuning components, then did an engine rebuild, rigidity refresh, oil change and car wash. I had practiced against lineup #1, but it didn't work for me, so I selected the 2nd lineup after console reset. This works better, as the cars are spaced such that you can pick up two or three spots and almost stay up with the pack, using the draft for the first lap.

I finished the first lap in 13th, which quickly became 5th as most of the others pitted at the end of the first lap.
Lap 2, I passed an R390GT1 which hadn't pitted.
Lap 3, Continued in rain and darkness.
Lap 4, Picked up first as the R8 and Minolta pitted end of lap 3. The track dried out.
Lap 5, Best lap, 3:43.131. I'm way ahead.
Lap 6, I pit for 16 liters and fresh Racing Softs. My closest pursuer pits for a full load of fuel and Racing Hards.
Lap 7, safe drive to Victory.

MoV: 36 seconds over R8
Total time: 27:07:690
Best Lap: 3:43.131

653 PP
Racing soft tires

Ride Height: 95/95
Springs: 3.75/ 5.40
Compression 4/4
Extension: 4/4
ARBs: 3/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.0/0.45
Brake: 5/4
Transmission Auto-set: 211 mph
LSD 8-13-25
Ballast: 30@0% (Carried ballast by accident, not needed)
*Optional: NOS @ 30% - used in low gears coming off slow corners 4x per lap.
*Optional: Active Steering Off, ASM Off, TCS 3, SRF On

SHWWEETTT!!! thanks
GO HAWKS
LUKE IN REDMOND

Back