Rocket launch!

• Thread starter Mictodric
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
So I'm relatively new back into race Sim, and I have been going and time trial practice lapping tracks before races. The other night I was night practicing Daytona coming off the oval into the infield turn and saw a streak going up in the sky against the Starfield so I stopped to watch it for a second. It looks quite familiar because I live about an hour Southwest of Daytona and we can see rocket launches from Canaveral all the time. So I just had to see if anybody else have ever noticed this at night on the Daytona track period I stopped and watched and followed the rocket all the way until it became small and invisible and then no more. So if there are any gt7 programmers that visit here I would like to give you props for putting a simulated rocket launch from Canaveral visible from Daytona in the evening because I found it very entertaining having grown up here seeing rocket launches all the time.

Ps5 vr2 fgtlite

Last edited:
So I'm relatively new back into race Sim, and I have been going and time trial practice lapping tracks before races. The other night I was night practicing Daytona coming off the oval into the infield turn and saw a streak going up in the sky against the Starfield so I stopped to watch it for a second. It looks quite familiar because I live about an hour Southwest of Daytona and we can see rocket launches from Canaveral all the time. So I just had to see if anybody else have ever noticed this at night on the Daytona track period I stopped and watched and followed the rocket all the way until it became small and invisible and then no more. So if there are any gt7 programmers that visit here I would like to give you props for putting a simulated rocket launch from Canaveral visible from Daytona in the evening because I found it very entertaining having grown up here seeing rocket launches all the time.

Ps5 vr2 fgtlite

Yep it's a pretty cool Easter egg of a SpaceX launch. If you keep watching you'll see the boosters make the return journey and landing too.

On the 1 hour Spa race if it's not cloudy you can see several constellations at night. Orion is easy to spot.
It works best in VR in an open top car with no headlights or dash lights like the 2J or the F-1500.
Also ok Trial Mountain you can see several American pickup trucks that were licensed in previous GT titles along the track side.

Last edited:
On the 1 hour Spa race if it's not cloudy you can see several constellations at night. Orion is easy to spot.
It works best in VR in an open top car with no headlights or dash lights like the 2J or the F-1500.
Also ok Trial Mountain you can see several American pickup trucks that were licensed in previous GT titles along the track side.
Local man discovers the sky

Local man discovers the sky
Right, I just thought it was a nice touch and considering I'm halfway around the world from Stavelot, I thought the constellations would be different.
We used to stargaze out in rural Lincoln County, Oklahoma, when I was a boy, but I never got deep into it. Where I live now, it's so bright you'll only see one or two constellations, if any.

Right, I just thought it was a nice touch and considering I'm halfway around the world from Stavelot, I thought the constellations would be different.
We used to stargaze out in rural Lincoln County, Oklahoma, when I was a boy, but I never got deep into it. Where I live now, it's so bright you'll only see one or two constellations, if any.
Aye just joshing with you - I do really like the night sky details they've put in this games. I was a proper astronomy nerd about 7/8 years ago so in GT6 racing Bathurst at night, it was really cool to see how the lack of light pollution made the night sky shine.

Keep an eye out for 'The Loch Ness Monster' near the end of Trial Mountain.
Another egg.. Impossible waterfall on Deep Forest before the tunnel
I just have a look at this. After 1,560h on GT7 I don't know what that is 😬

Last edited:
The night sky changes with latitude and not longitude. You'd need big jumps to change the sky pretty dramatically. For instance I was on holiday in the Canaries last spring. It's a 20° jump south. So I was able to see the most of Carina which is invisible to me from the UK and Canis Major and Orion were really high in the sky but mostly everything looked similar. Orion is pretty much visible from everywhere as it it close to the ecliptic (Sun's path in the sky).

Latest Posts

Back