Rome's F1 madness

• Thread starter ghskilla
  • 8 comments
Taiwan
Taipei
GTP_ghskilla
Rome might not be the most exciting place to have an F1 race, with its narrow straights and narrow corners, not to mention its' very short overall length.
We were clocking about 50 seconds for a lap.

The Drivers

JACKHITO - F10
Rene_Golez - F10
xGT5_TOPGEARx - F2007
ghskilla (me) - F2007
MW2xKiLLA - F2007
Loonary - F2007
Swavo - F10
kg1157 - F2007
irving44 - F10
JonDoe1980 - F10
falconpunch78 - F2007
THE-NEON-KILER - F10

gridn.jpg

Off the line, it was plain crazy. In front of me, an F10 was not even moving, and the guy next to me swerved right, so I hit him, causing me, him, and 3 other drivers behind me to crash. Crazy but true. Then into the 1st corner. Of course, this was the obvious spot for crashing, and well, we did. But I dodged it, as my reaction times are fairly decent.
f2007.jpg

2nd Lap - Fairly quiet, well, considering I was in 4th, I was completely separated from the pack. The top 3 guys were far ahead, and the rest were crashing.

3rd Lap - Another game of cat and mouse. The pack were huddled in a big group and another guy caught up to me using a slipstream, soon everyone caught up to me by the end of the second straight. A guy slipped out of control in the following corners and blocked a lot of people trying to get past.

4th lap - Some had to pit, judging from their mic sounds, " ****! Tires are out!" The top 3 were starting to slow down, because of their continuous bumping of each other. I soon was catching up by 4 seconds a lap.

5th lap - God has shown mercy onto me, and decided to knock one of the top 3 guys out of the race. Remember the guy who was not moving during the race? Well, he still wasn't, but the narrow straight led to the man in 2nd place crashing into him, and gave a wide gap for me to pass them by.

And I quote from the driver, " Son of a *****! What the **** is that moron doing?!"
f10i.jpg

That's him.

Final lap - Possibly the most chaotic lap in all of GT5 history. The back markers crashed into each other. We were all in the straight when we saw this happen. It was a lag fest, and a demolition derby at the same time. Those who crashed tried to get out by gassing it, but it made them spin out, not good for anyone trying to get past. It was hectic, and then people behind us couldn't stop fast enough and crashed into US as well. Some of us managed to break free, including me, and headed for the finish. Maybe ending up 3rd isn't so bad, but that race was very, VERY fun.

Last edited:
Ah, finally got the pics into imageshack. There we go, the pictures are finally there (even though this thread was dead 2 weeks ago)

Back