Rooms with stupid rules, spec rooms needed.

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinbad
  • 4 comments
  • 554 views
Messages
916
I'm all for letting people "show off their ride" and whatnot, but a crazy array of stupidly fast cars on stupidly grippy tyres does not make for good online racing.

Every time I try to find an online race I end up dipping in and out of rooms hoping that I'll find one running a "spec cup" type affair with standard, unmodified cars. And eventually I will have to start my own, but rarely does anyone join.

There must be others like me that just want to have the car-tyres combo decision made for them (and everyone else) and just enjoy racing.


I propose that we identify the spec-cup rooms we are hosting with "GTP-Spec" or something and then the car-tyre combo (e.g GTP-Spec RX7 CmftSfts).
 
I'm all for letting people "show off their ride" and whatnot, but a crazy array of stupidly fast cars on stupidly grippy tyres does not make for good online racing.

Every time I try to find an online race I end up dipping in and out of rooms hoping that I'll find one running a "spec cup" type affair with standard, unmodified cars. And eventually I will have to start my own, but rarely does anyone join.

There must be others like me that just want to have the car-tyres combo decision made for them (and everyone else) and just enjoy racing.


I propose that we identify the spec-cup rooms we are hosting with "GTP-Spec" or something and then the car-tyre combo (e.g GTP-Spec RX7 CmftSfts).


shameless plug....:sly:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139523
 
Adding mechanical damage to online races was a start. But, I'd like to see more options for the host to use in setting up rooms and narrow the field of competition for OLR. Aside from having that, organized events is about the only way we're going to get the kind of close racing many of us desire.
 
We so desperately need more filters for the lobbies. There is currently only a filter for one assistance (Active Steering or Anti-Skid ...cant recall which).

I'd like to be able to select an "advanced filters" option and filter the browser for many of the regs or settings (HP, Weight, Tires, Damage, Assistance). This I think is just what the doctor ordered for this type of issue.
 
Back