rough idle...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 7 comments
  • 1,028 views
Messages
5,716
I dont know if anyone else has noticed this on any other cars but....

I bought a 300zx and bought the following for it:
oil change
race flywheel
turbo stage 1
engine balance
semi-race suspension
close range gearbox

I not ice that at idle the enginge sounds slightly out of tune or that it is idling too low as its a bit rough.
sounds great tho! :drool:
this roughness continues thru the lower rev range.

anyone else modded a car to find this happens?

I have a stock 300zx and it doesnt do this...
 
Yeah, I notice that too. Well, in my '83 300zx z31, that is (in game). That's actually exactly the way those cars sound with a slight timing advance. Mine idles exactly the same in real life. I have a '86 300zx non-turbo with intake, exhaust, LSD, and timing gears.

Edit: I may be wrong, but I believe the '90 Supra Twin Turbo in the game does the same. Mine (in the game) is fully modded.
 
just about every car i've driven sounds like that.

the 88C-V, Formula F1, Lancer Evo 8 MR GSR,


i think the game was meant to sound like that, but it is odd, some of the idle's sound like my friends '87 honda XR 80 dirt bike (although, most of the time, it doesn't idle) :dopey:
 
The MKIV Poopra does that too. It was weird but since the one I have is a drag car, it fits it.
 
From the sounds of it these cars mentioned are sounding correctly. When cars are tuned quite alot the timing is changed to allow maximum performance when on the go, as a result of this most tuned cars end up with a lumpy idle. Im sure this can be elaborated. An old scholl friend had a Nissan Sunny (pulsar) gtiR and it has been tuned to quite some extent and it sounds awfull on idle but as soon as it have a few revs in it it sounds sweet. Guess its jsut the pros and cons of having a tuned car. :)
 
TVR Speed 12 has a nice lope when fully modified.
 
Check out the impreza wagon with a race exhaust (the older 1 with square-ish headlights). at idle it sounds... unique.
 
Back