Roulette Ticket Theory...

United States
New Jersey Motorsports Park
Fuzzy_Belvedere
Fuzzy Belvedere
I known this is a topic that's been discussed to death, but wondering if anyone has been keeping track of the time when they open their best tickets?

While these are supposed to be random, I just spent a little over an hour getting the same prize on the same ticket.... How you may ask???
Using the method in the video below.

My results never varied the entire time...
Much like the video below:

Did something similar... opened the same Roulette Ticket ~30+ this morning. Same $10,000 prize each and every time despite the prizes changing. Only stopped because the game started taking longer to load.

I'm starting to think the prize pool might be tied to time of day like a lot of looter shooters tend to do (ex: The Division 2 offered the best gear from caches opened around 4am EST)

The best prize I received from a Roulette Ticket was a $1,000,000 car from a ticket played around 6pm EST.
#RouletteTicket

For science purposes, I encourage anyone posting their prize results to Twitter, YouTube or Instagram to use the hastag RouletteTicket

Using the method in the video below.
I caught that video a while back.

It's comical that the "creator" is presenting it as a money glitch, wherein you can open a ticket again to get a better prize if you want one, while actually straightforwardly proving that the prize is locked to the ticket no matter what but pretending it's not. Literally clickbait trash, and the entire channel is littered with it.

I don't understand why you guys are so obsessed with that. It's not that important... Maybe they should just patch them out. People nowadays don't see something as a bonus. They need everything and they need it instantly.
Why it's important because some of us want engine swap and it's the only way to get them, same for some turbo and other stuffs. So no, roulette is not "just a bonus" as you said, it's integrating content which sucks because it's nearly impossible to get unless you get super lucky twice, which rarely happen.

Edit : It never bothered me in gts although most of the time you were getting the worst car, but I didnt really care because like you said, it was just a bonus.

Last edited:
I don't understand why you guys are so obsessed with that. It's not that important... Maybe they should just patch them out. People nowadays don't see something as a bonus. They need everything and they need it instantly.
Its not a need or want things instantly, its a matter of it being a poison carrot... They (Polyphony Digital) stated this "bonus" was to increase with collector rating and milage (assuming it's looking at the previous day). It doesn't or it is as poorly programmed as the AI.

I just want it fixed to make logical sense as a 4 Star and 1 Star ticket should never yield the same prize amounts, otherwise, whats the use of have the star rating to begin with🤷‍♂️

Agreed with the sentiment that the rankings between stars should never have the same minimum credit pay out. Defeats the purpose of why a 3 star card is "better" than a 1 star card for example. Like... I almost wish they would stop the animation of "randomness" and just click the card and get the prize, that way there is no teasing that you COULD have gotten this great thing, but he's your piece of junk participation award instead.

It doesn't. The day after I drove 1000 I got a 1* ticket
Ugh :(

What is the star rating even based on then?

Almost wish the milage would build up during the day and you cash out manually... or just go back to GT Sport Milage Rewards Store...

Agreed with the sentiment that the rankings between stars should never have the same minimum credit pay out. Defeats the purpose of why a 3 star card is "better" than a 1 star card for example. Like... I almost wish they would stop the animation of "randomness" and just click the card and get the prize, that way there is no teasing that you COULD have gotten this great thing, but he's your piece of junk participation award instead.
Definitely would prefer that instead of the fanfare "You Coulda Won this... Not Really 🤣"

The same list that GT5's UCD and GTS' roulette had basically. It's a list that has approximately 4.2 billion entries (going from Famine's statement that you spend 1331 years going through the GT5 UCD if it refreshes every 10 seconds) and when you create a GT7 account you start at a random entry in that list and then go through it.

Last edited:
The same list that GT5's UCD and GTS' roulette had basically. It's a list that has approximately 4.2 billion entries (going from Famine's statement that you spend 1331 years going through the GT5 UCD if it refreshes every 10 seconds) and when you create a GT7 account you start at a random entry in that list and then go through it.
math-numbers.gif

:boggled:

Ugh :(

Almost wish the milage would build up during the day and you cash out manually... or just go back to GT Sport Milage Rewards Store...
The star rating is completely random, but having a higher collector level apparently gives you better odds at higher tickets going by the game's manual.

I really don't think the roulette needs any further research or examination. It's been picked apart and beaten to death already.

As the players, we expect to complete our daily workout for a ticket and the chance to win 1 of 5 prizes picked at random by the game.

This creates the idea in our heads that we have a 20% chance of winning the best prize possible on the carousel. This idea of chance is what causes all of the complaints, as people see high value prizes and think they have a chance at winning, and so when they repeatedly win the lowest prizes, they cry foul (rightly so).

What we know (through testing and GT Sport) is that when you complete the goal for the daily workout the game picks a prize from the prize pool. The rest is just for show.

The prize pool itself reportedly has a few billion possibilities, with the prizes separated into brackets based on value. The highest value prizes have the smallest bracket and so the lowest chance of being picked, the lowest value prizes have the largest pool, and so the highest chance of being picked. It's a weighted system.

The carousel and roulette are just for show, to give you the idea that you could win big. PD, in what could be argued to be an absolute dick move, encourage this by giving you some roulette tickets at key points with a different prize pool (i.e. the final ticket for completing the menus, where you're guaranteed to win a prize from the highest tier of prizes), even though every prize from there on is picked from the main, heavily weighted prize pool, but you're not supposed to know that - you're supposed to think that you won big once, you can again!

Just imagine if the lottery corporation rigged it so (unbeknownst to the public) the third, forth or fifth ticket you buy in your entire life will win you $15k... You'll be buying lottery tickets for years to come because you think that first win was chance. That is kind of what PD do with the roulette as they give you that cafe menu ticket early on, knowing a big prize there will keep you doing the daily workout.

Some people raise complaint that the roulette is rigged. It isn't. In order for it to be rigged, when the carousel starts to spin, we must have a chance to win the other prizes, with the rigging being that we'll always most likely win the lowest prize. As we have no chance at all of winning anything but the predetermined prize, it isn't rigged. It's not a roulette. It's not a carousel.

It's a show for the sake of suspense. A show that way too many people get upset over.

there is no justifiable reason to place extended odds on something which has no cash value, as the engines and other unique tuning parts cannot be purchased they cannot have a cash value applied to them by using the mtx exchange rate. therefore there is no potential revenue loss to the company, these prizes should be won way more freely than they currently are to make this launch day content available to more players.

I really don't think the roulette needs any further research or examination. It's been picked apart and beaten to death already.

As the players, we expect to complete our daily workout for a ticket and the chance to win 1 of 5 prizes picked at random by the game.

This creates the idea in our heads that we have a 20% chance of winning the best prize possible on the carousel. This idea of chance is what causes all of the complaints, as people see high value prizes and think they have a chance at winning, and so when they repeatedly win the lowest prizes, they cry foul (rightly so).

What we know (through testing and GT Sport) is that when you complete the goal for the daily workout the game picks a prize from the prize pool. The rest is just for show.

The prize pool itself reportedly has a few billion possibilities, with the prizes separated into brackets based on value. The highest value prizes have the smallest bracket and so the lowest chance of being picked, the lowest value prizes have the largest pool, and so the highest chance of being picked. It's a weighted system.

The carousel and roulette are just for show, to give you the idea that you could win big. PD, in what could be argued to be an absolute dick move, encourage this by giving you some roulette tickets at key points with a different prize pool (i.e. the final ticket for completing the menus, where you're guaranteed to win a prize from the highest tier of prizes), even though every prize from there on is picked from the main, heavily weighted prize pool, but you're not supposed to know that - you're supposed to think that you won big once, you can again!

Just imagine if the lottery corporation rigged it so (unbeknownst to the public) the third, forth or fifth ticket you buy in your entire life will win you $15k... You'll be buying lottery tickets for years to come because you think that first win was chance. That is kind of what PD do with the roulette as they give you that cafe menu ticket early on, knowing a big prize there will keep you doing the daily workout.

Some people raise complaint that the roulette is rigged. It isn't. In order for it to be rigged, when the carousel starts to spin, we must have a chance to win the other prizes, with the rigging being that we'll always most likely win the lowest prize. As we have no chance at all of winning anything but the predetermined prize, it isn't rigged. It's not a roulette. It's not a carousel.

It's a show for the sake of suspense. A show that way too many people get upset over.
Then don't call it roulette. Pretty simple.

A roulette wheel has an equal chance for the ball to land on any number.

Of course people get upset and rightly so.

Maybe they should just show a jar of vasoline that would make more sense.

Last edited:
The star rating is completely random, but having a higher collector level apparently gives you better odds at higher tickets going by the game's manual.
This is no true with collectors level.I'm lv50 and have points for other 39-40levels.Every day i drive 1000km(some days more)..and tickets continued to be peace of crap!This is NO depending of collectors level or miliage.Just is RANDOM.
NEED FIX THIS NOW!!!Still received 1-2stars tickets with 5.000-10.000cr.Come on PD!!!

Last edited:
I guess I'm a lucky guy.
About a week ago got a 6 star from daily workout, obviously the prize was the lower one, 500k. My level was 30something.

Yesterday won an actual car from the roulette, a BMW M4 GT4, from a 3 star card.

I guess I'm a lucky guy.
About a week ago got a 6 star from daily workout, obviously the prize was the lower one, 500k. My level was 30something.

Yesterday won an actual car from the roulette, a BMW M4 GT4, from a 3 star card.
Nice!

Are you racing online or vs. AI?

Essentially AI, had the second toddler 4 months ago, not easy to assure non stop game type necessary for a full online race at the moment.
Congrats on the little one:cheers:

Was curious if online racing rewarded better tickets (mainly race pro lvl AI with detuned cars to balance things a bit better)

Those roulette spins are not fun, only frustrating so I'm totally skipping over opening that crap:) Maybe someday if PD will implement radical changes on that system I will bother more about it.

So, by ignoring this rewards, I've stacked daily tickets from 18 consecutive days:
* 4pcs
** 5pcs
*** 5pcs
**** 4pcs

It looks that odds for specific ticket level are roughly even.

Roulette needs a bit of a rework imo.

1. Get rid of car parts including engines. Just make them purchasable.

2. Don't give out invitations for ones you've already purchased. A waste of a prize.

Basically just cash and cars with any invitations you haven't used as prizes.

Back