Roulette tickets in the late game..

• Thread starter Raceworx
  • 12 comments
Raceworx
I know it's currently rage time over 1.07 but I have a real beef with the roulette tickets..

I'm not talking about the cash amount my issue is the fact thay have added Engines and special tuning parts and car invites as prizes but not only that made them exclusive prizes! I know everyone wants to win large cash prizes but the real value to me is in those other bits..

I have completed the menus and I believe they give out 26 tickets of varying "quality" and other than your daily workout.. that's it there seem to be no other ways to obtain tickets.. its quite obvious these will become purchasable at some point with real money, but the fact that if you want to build say an RX7 with a 4 rotor plus obtain all the aditional special parts, you need to A) get a ticket that gives an engine or parts as a prize B) land on it C) they are for the car you want!

This is all 100% ******** and designed to Drive MTX purchases.. there are no other ways round it.. the odds are so imbalanced for winning anything other than the lowest amount of cash it seems they think people are either going to play the game every day for the next 3 years just waiting for a crate engine they want or spend hundreds rolling for it when the inevitable MTX option to buy tickets arrives..

And before anyone says "well engine swaps are rare in real life" or "You need an invite to buy a real Ferrari" its a game I'm taking a break from life I want to loose myself in a world i can't afford not be reminded of it..

Hey, late to this thread but I am also heavily feeling this right now. The drip feed of one ticket per day is awful when it's the only way of getting engine swaps and high end parts!

Really wish PD would add some additional ways to get tickets, even if it is just additional "marathon" distances of driving or whatever.

I would surely hope that PD would have gauged the communities response to the economy as it is before throwing additional tickets behind macrotransactions.... Adding literal gambling to the game would be just disgusting.

I have given up on them completely. Except one Pagani Huayara (which I had two of from before) I have hardly won anything of notice, it is not any use getting your hopes up, 2k or 5k it is.

I was lucky enough to win the 4 rotor, However, one a day is dreadful. I want a daily race or task to give additional ticket(s). For example drive a car released in the 80's 20 miles. Or win a race with a car that weighs over 1700kg. Little challenges that give us something to do.

I think additional distances is a really bad idea once you think about the way typical players will treat it. I think they need to introduce daily, weekly and monthly menus with decent challenges ion them that can all lead to multiple roulette tickets. Idea;;y special tickets for engines and parts only too.

Yeah, just giving out another ticket at 100/500/1000km daily distance would be so good; and have people play the game more than just the 43km they have to do currently.
Exactly this!

(...) its quite obvious these will become purchasable at some point with real money, but the fact that if you want to build say an RX7 with a 4 rotor plus obtain all the aditional special parts, you need to A) get a ticket that gives an engine or parts as a prize B) land on it C) they are for the car you want!
This is all 100% ******** and designed to Drive MTX purchases.. there are no other ways round it.. the odds are so imbalanced for winning anything other than the lowest amount of cash it seems they think people are either going to play the game every day for the next 3 years just waiting for a crate engine they want or spend hundreds rolling for it when the inevitable MTX option to buy tickets arrives..

And before anyone says "well engine swaps are rare in real life" or "You need an invite to buy a real Ferrari" its a game I'm taking a break from life I want to loose myself in a world i can't afford not be reminded of it..
While I am not looking forward to it, it's illogical that they didn't monetize the roulette. Four or five tiers with wildly varying degrees of rewards, odds themselves extremely rigged towards small money payouts or nigh-useless tuning parts, exclusive car purchases are locked behind it, engine swaps (which I don't even think I've at all seen in all the spins I've got since release) as well... And it's a single spin per day with no known ways to get more.

Like, okay, who designed this and how do you greenlight implementation of a feature that's this degree of irrelevant? How do you make a system this terrible and don't monetize it so the players are able to "SKip tHe GrINd" or "gET MOre SurPiSe ReWARdS"? It defies all logic and makes PoDi look like they can't even exploit players properly, which is one of the easiest things to do in AAA game development. This is perfect material for lootboxes, how do you miss this?

As it is now, GT7's roulette system objectively makes no sense from player and developer standpoints and it looks like a waste of time invested in making it. It only frustrates players - of course with the exception of the one in a million who doesn't get a trash reward - and the developers can't even earn money from predatorily exploiting those prone to hazard.

It IS possible, however, to do a roulette system that isn't hostile towards players. Take Forza Horizon 3&4 for example. You get a spin every time you level up or from certain car perks you purchase, and it is very easy to level up, and to purchase car perks. Don't monetize it. The only repeatable rewards are cars and money. That's it. A decent roulette system that encourages me to play more whose biggest fault is it being a tad invasive with how often you get to use it.

I'm half-laughingly frustrated, almost angry, and completely baffled with how unbelievably badly made Gran Turismo 7 is in aspects not directly related to actually driving.

But......but all the future MTX!
Many people are saying that the spiteful roulette tickets are designed to drive MTX sales, but I personally don't see how the two are related.

Granted, roulette tickets do have a chance to give decent credits, but that's the end of that argument. It's a once a day thing, so if you're in serious need of credits, like, say, for example, a LCD or UCD car that's going out of stock soon, the roulette tickets are most likely going to be a very small percentage of your cash flow.

The biggest problem with the roulette tickets as I see it is that many categories of tuning parts have their highest tiers locked behind these tickets, not to mention engine swaps. If you wanted a Super High RPM Turbo or an R26B engine for your RX-7 for example, no amount of real money can buy them for you. If PD made it so that additional roulette tickets are buyable with real money, I'm almost certain that counts as gambling, which is a legal can of worms I'm sure Sony and PD are too smart to even consider opening.

If we had other, more feasible and still legal ways of obtaining these special parts, I'm sure this whole hoo–hah over the roulette tickets wouldn't exist. Even if I got the lowest 2k credits every day, it's just a freebie; not worth complaining about. It's the pain of seeing an engine or an invitation you want on the roulette and not landing on it that hurts so much and sparks the outrage.

Back