Round 21: London 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 173 comments
Fun race:).

Would like to thank @HP and the team for letting me come along!
The Renault was kind of a tank to drive:P, but it's still a pleasure. Sadly nearly half the time I was under red flag. Can't really do much about that though. Although I didn't really have any close racing with another in my class it was a lot of fun to and I was pleased with my consistency only doing really two-three "big" errors.
Finally well done to @Beau Albert on winning the drivers championship, and GHH winning the teams championship!
It was a pleasure to run alongside @Beau Albert @David Brooks and @Famine! You guys all did great and should be very proud!
Thanks @AJ and the stewards for the time they take from their personal lives to organize all of this and making it run smoothly even though there were a few long red flags.

Last edited:
The GTCup season has come to an end, and what a great last race it was. As a team, Weil Racing Limited couldn't be more proud of our second place finish on one of our all time favourite tracks. We started the season as just a group of friends with no serious experience in racing or tuning, but we had a passion to do it, and in our last race of the year we were finally competitive. We still have a lot to learn, but we'll get there, trust me. :D

Through the year, we had some great battles on track that showed off the skill of the team, and next year we will win one, that's a promise. ;)
Overall, I couldn't ask for a better team, just for more races! :lol:

And a big congratulations to GHH for winning the championship! You guys deserved it. :cheers:

We hope to see all of you in 2016.

QMUtZ4ZwtuVo9abHxP_0.jpg

(Photo from 2015 January Testing Session)
Edit: The smile on our faces matches that of the Lotus. :P

Last edited:
I really enjoyed my first GTPES race, it was very hectic with some nice battles and totally different to any racing I've done! Thanks to my teammates @FutureF1 , @Mike458 and @JakeKing39 for helping get to know the rules, we were only just off the podium in the end and also thanks @rcb929 for telling me about the race. @AJ and the stewards did an excellent job and I would really like to get involved in more races in the future!

It's time for the hardware!
Find and claim your trophies, podium finishers! This is what happens when I get bored.
Hopefully I didn't spell anyone's name wrong. Post-race write-up will be coming soon.

2015 L12 9.jpg

Trophies are in alphabetical order based on PSN name, team/group tags not included.
2015 London 12h Trophy Bambi.png 2015 London 12h Trophy BeauAlbert6.png 2015 London 12h Trophy ChrisW265.png 2015 London 12h Trophy CodDemon101.png 2015 London 12h Trophy davidb_165.png 2015 London 12h Trophy DEPR.png 2015 London 12h Trophy Famine.png 2015 London 12h Trophy FILO.png 2015 London 12h Trophy GC255.png 2015 London 12h Trophy HeatherAnt.png 2015 London 12h Trophy Il_Conte_Sky.png 2015 London 12h Trophy Jack Shay.png 2015 London 12h Trophy John Hope.png 2015 London 12h Trophy MeisterFetz.png 2015 London 12h Trophy Pfeffer702.png 2015 London 12h Trophy S54VED.png 2015 London 12h Trophy SickSkillz011.png 2015 London 12h Trophy Sk8r913.png 2015 London 12h Trophy Somebodyshootme.png 2015 London 12h Trophy theewar.png 2015 London 12h Trophy warrior2167.png 2015 London 12h Trophy xTehLotus_Rk.png

Thanks everyone for the congratulations, to complete any endurance race is an accomplishment and everyone deserves a high five. :lol: If you haven't noticed, I'm quite stoked I finally achieved my first victory in the Endurance Series. I got the call to help out with Hyperion on Wednesday, less than a week before the drop of the green flag, and with careful consideration I decided to take on the race with teammates @Kjeld Lund and @Meister Fetz.

I knew after our very first test session that although we missed qualifying and incurred a 30 second penalty with a pit start, we'd be extremely competitive with the other teams. I believe DEPR was within a couple of tenths of the pole time on a full tank of gas, which would be even faster under qualifying conditions, and I was running consistently 3-5 tenths slower than him and Meister.

Also with us for practice and testing was the DART squad, made up of @Nail-27, @RobbiefromBC (team rabbit), @TEX36, @WIDEeyedDRIVR, and @euclid58. These gentlemen deserve the most respect doing what they do despite their age. I'm extremely impressed with their will to make it to the checkers and have fun no matter the pace or position they're in. Congratulations to all of you for a stellar performance at Brands Hatch.

Our race got off to rocky beginnings with out pit lane start, penalties, and an unfortunate problem with our car right at the very start requiring us to go into the garage for changes and repairs. After we got back out, Meister put in a very consistent and solid drive to claw his way back up the order before handing it off to DEPR, who managed to put us in the lead before the first red flag.

After I for into the car for my stint, and the race resumed, I had to go to work to pick my way through the field but unfortunately received a penalty from Race Control for incurring 5 warnings total, and I had to pull into the pitlane to serve the time. After @AJ released me once more, I almost immediately got into an intense battle with @GTR_VENTURI and the GTR Blackhawks. Thank you to Venturi for racing me clean and with respect and racing room, I appreciate your racecraft and driving standards. 👍

It took a few laps to get around the GTR Megane, but once I pulled off the risky move into Paddock Hill Bend I put the hammer down and surprisingly ran the fastest lap of the event. I did not expect or try to run this lap, and stayed in bounds while doing so. I am genuinely surprised with my performance and I am happy I made no major mistakes. Sitting through two Red Flags and laps on laps of Safety Car I was relieved when we were released for the last time with almost 50 minutes remaining. At this point I noticed it was @ScuderiaLucas in the GHH Megane behind me, and I pushed a little bit harder to pull the gap out expecting a really good battle with a fellow CORE American GT competitor.

Taking the checkered flag was, and forgive me if I sound a bit cheesy and over-reactive, one of the greatest feelings I've ever had on GT. I was joking around with my teammates and managers @Gravitron, @GTP_Dutchy, and @PASM on our team channel about the podium celebrations, and asked for permission to do burnouts and donuts from @Peelster1 and Race Control. Winning the race made my day complete, and I hadn't even eaten anything or slept that much the night before. Because of this, after the imaginary podium celebrations and eating some food, I was eventually spotted in my camper, out cold. :lol:

2015 London 12 Hour Post-Ceremony.png

Big thanks to the entire Hyperion team for the opportunity to race for them, and keeping me motivated throughout the Safety Car periods and Red Flags. Also thanks to AJ, Peelster, @littleregret265, and the entire team who made this race happen. It takes hard work, patience, and persistence to run these events and you guys pulled it off very well. Hopefully I'll get to see everyone at Spa for my last hopeful race of the 2015 season, and then at future races in 2016. This year has had its ups and downs but that's how racing is. Great job everyone, see you soon. :cheers:

Last edited:
429781-98df90a5638152caaf8816fb041ce3e2.jpg

It's...beautiful :(
Thank you Whitetail, and all of you guys, organizers, race direction and commentatores included, it's been a dramatic first race form me, especially the last 50 minutes, even though we were not fighting for any position at all, but I wanted to go 100% and go for the gap until the very end.
I'm still so disappointed and sad with myself for screwing my performance up with just 2 laps to go, I would have been so proud of myself to finish in front of a fast opponent as Warrior...
Thanks to Miata, Pfeffer and Sk8ter for sharing with me a unique experience.
Now that I tasted the glory for a moment, I'm hungry. I'm sooo hungry :mischievous:

Thanks everyone for the congratulations, to complete any endurance race is an accomplishment and everyone deserves a high five. :lol: If you haven't noticed, I'm quite stoked I finally achieved my first victory in the Endurance Series. I got the call to help out with Hyperion on Wednesday, less than a week before the drop of the green flag, and with careful consideration I decided to take on the race with teammates @Kjeld Lund and @Meister Fetz.

I knew after our very first test session that although we missed qualifying and incurred a 30 second penalty with a pit start, we'd be extremely competitive with the other teams. I believe DEPR was within a couple of tenths of the pole time on a full tank of gas, which would be even faster under qualifying conditions, and I was running consistently 3-5 tenths slower than him and Meister.

Also with us for practice and testing was the DART squad, made up of @Nail-27, @RobbiefromBC (team rabbit), @TEX36, @WIDEeyedDRIVR, and @euclid58. These gentlemen deserve the most respect doing what they do despite their age. I'm extremely impressed with their will to make it to the checkers and have fun no matter the pace or position they're in. Congratulations to all of you for a stellar performance at Brands Hatch.

Our race got off to rocky beginnings with out pit lane start, penalties, and an unfortunate problem with our car right at the very start requiring us to go into the garage for changes and repairs. After we got back out, Meister put in a very consistent and solid drive to claw his way back up the order before handing it off to DEPR, who managed to put us in the lead before the first red flag.

After I for into the car for my stint, and the race resumed, I had to go to work to pick my way through the field but unfortunately received a penalty from Race Control for incurring 5 warnings total, and I had to pull into the pitlane to serve the time. After @AJ released me once more, I almost immediately got into an intense battle with @GTR_VENTURI and the GTR Blackhawks. Thank you to Venturi for racing me clean and with respect and racing room, I appreciate your racecraft and driving standards. 👍

It took a few laps to get around the GTR Megane, but once I pulled off the risky move into Paddock Hill Bend I put the hammer down and surprisingly ran the fastest lap of the event. I did not expect or try to run this lap, and stayed in bounds while doing so. I am genuinely surprised with my performance and I am happy I made no major mistakes. Sitting through two Red Flags and laps on laps of Safety Car I was relieved when we were released for the last time with almost 50 minutes remaining. At this point I noticed it was @ScuderiaLucas in the GHH Megane behind me, and I pushed a little bit harder to pull the gap out expecting a really good battle with a fellow CORE American GT competitor.

Taking the checkered flag was, and forgive me if I sound a bit cheesy and over-reactive, one of the greatest feelings I've ever had on GT. I was joking around with my teammates and managers @Gravitron, @GTP_Dutchy, and @PASM on our team channel about the podium celebrations, and asked for permission to do burnouts and donuts from @Peelster1 and Race Control. Winning the race made my day complete, and I hadn't even eaten anything or slept that much the night before. Because of this, after the imaginary podium celebrations and eating some food, I was eventually spotted in my camper, out cold. :lol:

View attachment 450814

Big thanks to the entire Hyperion team for the opportunity to race for them, and keeping me motivated throughout the Safety Car periods and Red Flags. Also thanks to AJ, Peelster, @littleregret265, and the entire team who made this race happen. It takes hard work, patience, and persistence to run these events and you guys pulled it off very well. Hopefully I'll get to see everyone at Spa for my last hopeful race of the 2015 season, and then at future races in 2016. This year has had its ups and downs but that's how racing is. Great job everyone, see you soon. :cheers:

Thank You for the kind words, and congratulations to you.. You deserve it..👍 :cheers: :gtpflag:

Nice touch @Whitetail ;)

I got informed by @JonoStan96 on Wednesday he was trying to put together a team for the L12. I enjoy Brands so put my hand up.

I'd heard a lot about GTP endurance series and was keen to give it a go. I was a little stressed about track limits as it appeared that the limits were stricter than the normal 2 wheels inside the white line rule. So I was far from relaxed in my first stint.

5 mins out from my first pit stop the race was red flagged :( Was disappointed as was really looking forward to doing some laps without a full tank (the CRZ is too fuel efficient lol)!

Was itching to get going again, but got dive bombed on the restart, but managed to keep it on the track, but lost a lot of ground. Unfortunately, as I caught back up to the rear of the group, someone got overly excited out of Druids, being very close as I was setting up for a pass, I had no where to go as they went sideways right in front of me. I tried to stop in time, but it was too little too late :(

All in all though I had fun, and as I got more comfortable my pace improved too. So my cherry has been popped and I understand how things are now run. Looking forward to getting more involved and doing some proper practice rather than constantly messing with the car tune for an hour lol.

Thanks to my team, @sickskillz @warrior2167 @TNR_KING_FILO. Made it look easy ;) and @JonoStan96 for organising us all :)

Also big thanks to all the organisers for giving up your time so we can race. You are the real champions!

I put the hammer down and surprisingly ran the fastest lap of the event. I did not expect or try to run this lap, and stayed in bounds while doing so. I am genuinely surprised with my performance and I am happy I made no major mistakes.
Great to see the DS3 squad coming on strong at the end of the season 👍, and congrats on that win!

Back