Route X 0-60/1/4-mile times accuracy

  • Thread starter Thread starter BOSS Mustang
  • 3 comments
  • 1,143 views
Messages
210
Messages
GTdriveBOSS
Well I just wanted to know how accurate GT5's acceleration tests were compared to the real life counterparts. So I grabbed a brand new 370Z, just a random car pick, and let it loose, bone stock.

Most of the mag'z have the real thing between 4.7 to 5.1 0-60mph and
13.3 to 13.7 1/4-mile.

I managed 5.2 and 13.8 with no TCS and multiple tries using different launch techniques. No matter what it spins the tires and bounces off the limiter at full throttle in 1st gear, even launching from idle. Funny I didn't think it would do that. Was with Sports Hard tires that it comes with. Trying to back off the throttle to get it to bite resulted in slower times by about 0.3-0.4. Best time came by launching at full throttle binging off the rev limiter and just letting it spin to about 38mph and shifting to 2nd.

This was a brand new car froM the NCD and not broke in so after that times should be pretty realistic. Gonna try TCS on 1 today just to see if the computer can do any better.

Any one else have any real life comparisons
 
DS3 or wheel? clutch?
 
That was just a quick try with DS3, have DFGT, so no clutch, unfortunatly
 
Using the clutch allows for much more realistic launches.
 
Back