RPM Motorsports boss dies in... unusual circumstances...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 5 comments
  • 7,866 views

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
Messages
92,500
United Kingdom
Rule 12
Messages
GTP_Famine
Errrr... (NSFW if you work in a convent)

Background
RPM Motorsports, formerly run by Robin Mortimer, campaigns GT cars - previously in the 2006-2009 British GT series (2006 GT3 Porsche 911; 2007 GT3 Dodge Viper, wins at Rockingham [2] and Brands Hatch [2]; 2009 GT3 Ford GT, won at Donington) and currently in the 2010 International GT Open (GT3 Ford GT). One of Robin's sons - Alex - is a driver for RPM Motorsports.
 
The 26 year-old has been working from a “dungeon” in a detached house in the quiet Belgian village of Sint-Job-in-’t-Goor for five years.
In 't Goor? Sounds like it's in Yorkshire.
 
Oh dear :O

I actually met Rob at a British GT race a couple of years ago and he was a genuinely nice guy. Had a pint with us in the paddock bar at silverstone after Saturdays qualifying and gave us free shirts and stuff (now I know why the wife got a really niceactual team shirt as worn by team staff and I got a promo T-shirt for his strip club :lol: ). Really nice down to earth guy, a big loss for British motorsport.

What a way to go though :D
 
Some get taped, some get killed. I see S&M is fashionable among top motorsports personnel from Britain. I wonder if Luca di Montezemolo and Jean Todt share that kind of passion for extreme ... errr ... activities :D
 
Reminds me of the stupid deaths section on the horrible history programmes my brother watch's.
 
“Sessions can last from one hour, and even up to three days."

Is she referring to her sessions or practice sessions for the racing? :lol:
 
Back