RPM or max speed is stuck at 6000 or 160 km/h

• Thread starter tuscan
  • 6 comments
i have a strange phenomenon since my godchild visited me last weekend and played gt6:

all cars i take for a ride are limited in their power, e.g.:

- vantage v12 gets stuck at 160 km/h at 6000 rpm, 3rd gear
- gt86 gets stuck at around 100 km/h at around 6000 rpm in 3rd gear
- srt tomahawn at around 190 km/h at 8000 rpm

i have tuned the engines and gearbox up and down many times but no change... looks like there's a safety limit activated in each car.

also, once the car bumpes into a fence etc. it switches to gear zero and it's not possible to engage 1st or reverse gear and get back on the track (automatic gearbox).

what has my godson done to me :-P ???

EDIT: i must add that i watched him with one eye playing, he only drove the vantage v12 mentioned above, not the other cars - doesn't matter which car i now chose, ALL of them are affected from the same "stuckness bug", so i assume there's either a game setting or a software bug... any idea?

Last edited:
Try creating a new account and see what happens. It sounds like corrupt data, but I'm not sure if that could be something he caused. I am not aware of a safety limit anywhere in the game. I had problems with cars getting stuck in neutral a year or more back and a new disc fixed it. Maybe the disc just now decided to wear out?

thanks for the feedback, draggon, i was expecting something in the same area, like a corrupt mapping file that contains gear/rpm/power data etc.

problem solved: i checked the controller settings, many buttons had the brake assigned, i noticed that the brake indicator was always on 1/4 (it's the small red vertical bar next to the left dial). probably one of the controller buttons is defect and always sends a 1/4 signal or whatever, so the brake was always partly engaged, limiting the engine spin up in higher gears. so far my theory, i reassigned funtions to all controller buttons and now the cars roar as they did before :-)

problem solved: i checked the controller settings, many buttons had the brake assigned, i noticed that the brake indicator was always on 1/4 (it's the small red vertical bar next to the left dial). probably one of the controller buttons is defect and always sends a 1/4 signal or whatever, so the brake was always partly engaged, limiting the engine spin up in higher gears. so far my theory, i reassigned funtions to all controller buttons and now the cars roar as they did before :-)

I guess your godson simply pressed the buttons a bit too hard :)

Back