RSeat Formula V2 Feedback/Thoughts?

• Thread starter REZRCT
  • 6 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
rezrct
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone know's much about the RSeat Formula V2, pros and cons etc?

I have read the the review about the V1 on here and the bad service he had he which was a few years ago now.

I am wanting to purchase one.

So just wanting to know peoples recent experiences etc.

http://www.rseat.net/formula-cockpit/rs-formula-v2-red/

rs-formula-v2-white-011.jpg

Curious if anyone has purchased this cockpit... there are no detailed reviews online at the moment. It looks like the best option right now for a F1 setup without spending $ 1000s of dollars ... only an affordable $ 1400. :)

Curious if anyone has purchased this cockpit... there are no detailed reviews online at the moment. It looks like the best option right now for a F1 setup without spending $ 1000s of dollars ... only an affordable $ 1400. :)

F1 specific rigs are not common. Most people want the flexibility to race in other disciplines. The most popular rig that is in use are the F1 playseats. They are also used in e-sports series.

I personally see a small designflawthough. The bucketseat reclined might make it difficult to get out of compared to playseat.

Yeah I'm not too worried about getting in & out of it. I've only seen photos of the RSeat V2 & the Playseat F1 but the RSeat's build quality looks vastly superior to the Playseat. Since I mainly race F1 cars I like the unique driving position of the F1-style seats ... I guess it's just a question of whether it's more difficult/less ergonomic to race traditional GT style cars in that position. I think if I went for a traditional cockpit I would go for the RSeat S1 based on all of the reviews I've read. Also - it's interesting how the GT-style cockpits use huge metal supports and the F1 cockpits use much smaller metal supports... I assume it's because the pedal stands are not taking as much force in the F1-style position but who knows.

Yeah I'm not too worried about getting in & out of it. I've only seen photos of the RSeat V2 & the Playseat F1 but the RSeat's build quality looks vastly superior to the Playseat. Since I mainly race F1 cars I like the unique driving position of the F1-style seats ... I guess it's just a question of whether it's more difficult/less ergonomic to race traditional GT style cars in that position. I think if I went for a traditional cockpit I would go for the RSeat S1 based on all of the reviews I've read. Also - it's interesting how the GT-style cockpits use huge metal supports and the F1 cockpits use much smaller metal supports... I assume it's because the pedal stands are not taking as much force in the F1-style position but who knows.

I think it is because of weight distribution. Another option is the Next level F-GT. It is not the perfect F1 position, but its cheaper and you can change it to GT position if you want.

F-GT-Image-FINAL.jpg

Thanks @PocketZeven - I’ve seen the F-GT. It looks very high quality but I think RSeat’s products are in a different league - which makes sense considering the cost difference. I spoke to RSeat’s online customer support and they told me that the Formula V2 will support the Fanatec DD1 with zero wobble. So I’m set on the Formula V2 - I’ll write a review on it once I put it through the paces. Now I just need to decide whether I want to wait for Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals. :/

Back