RSEAT S1 Review: Incorrect Part

• Thread starter Pawprint
  • 6 comments
United States
Central FL
I recently purchased the RSEAT S1, specifically this: https://rseatamerica.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=195

And when I say "recently," I mean it arrived on Friday!

I purchased the bare frame because I already had a seat from a prior rig (an Open Wheeler) and this would save me about $150. The seat I have has bottom fixing, and the page linked above states that such seats are supported. When I assembled the unit and got to the seat mounts, I discovered that they absolutely did not support bottom fixing. If you look at the product page and you examine the various images of the unit, you can easily tell that the seat mounts are two separate parts, the top one bolting onto the bottom one. In order to achieve bottom fixing, you remove the top piece and attach your chair directly to the bottom one. This is also obvious in the illustration you see when you click the Supported Seats link.

Now compare those images to the ones on this page: https://rseatamerica.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=184

You can see that the chair mounts are each a single piece of metal, and--this is much harder if not impossible to see in those images--there is nowhere to attach a bottom-fixed chair, and that's the part I received. It's as though RSEAT took the chair out of one of these packages and sent me the rest of the unit.

I created a support ticket through RSEAT's help desk software on Saturday evening. (#157769, for any RSEAT employees who will hopefully see this.) It is now Wednesday evening, and my ticket hasn't even been assigned to someone yet. A few days may not seem like much, but their site announces "24/7 SUPPORT" (which you can see this on both product pages I linked to, as well as to this announcement right in this forum: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/rseat-s1-gt-rally-cockpit.379232/), so I find four days to be a bit excessive under such a claim, and I decided to make the matter public. I'm trying to get this handled as quickly as possible, because I read a horror story here (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/scathing-review-of-rseat-products-and-service.320864/) and I want to be sure nothing like this happens to me. (Granted, that was four years ago, but still...)

I hope that someone from RSEAT will take notice of this. All I want is for them to send me the right parts. The rest of the unit is in perfect condition and I can't wait to try it out, but I am missing what is literally the most crucial piece: a place to put my chair. And I apologize to gtplanet if posts like this are seen as some sort of "hijacking" of the forums, but I've seen others like it, so I figured they're acceptable.

E1C2B769-7C83-4983-A865-4B4543950AE8.jpeg

I presume the part you have the issue with is the seat mount with the 'S' logo on it in the two images below. They can clearly be seen to be different in these images @Pawprint. I hope they sort this out for you.

The ordered style of fixings (clearly 2 seperate parts mounted to the sliders)
Untitled1.png

The recieved style of fixings, minus seat (clearly directly mounted to the sliders)
Untitled2.png

Please correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption :)

Yes, that is exactly my issue, @FPV MIC. Thank you both for posting those images.

It's now been a week and my ticket still hasn't even been assigned to anyone. "24/7 support." Yeah, right.

They are locatet somewhere in east europe, you will never ever hear from them again LOL :D:D:D
Just kidding, good luck with that.

Years ago when i ordered my rig they wanted my money first, i was thinking oh dear all the money is gone. But then after some weeks a big packege arrived me. :dopey:

UPDATE: They responded to my support ticket on the 4th apologizing for the delay and asking for my order details so they could get the parts to the correct address. I've actually been so busy the past couple of days that I hadn't checked.

Progress!

I am very, very lazy. I should have updated this thread months ago.

Everything worked out fine. The correct parts were expedited to me. I don't recall exactly when I got them, but it was no later than the following Monday. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase. Yes, there was a problem, but they fixed it. I've been enjoying my seat ever since, and I would definitely recommend this product.

Back