RTRacing Tunes, Tips and Tracks - Lotus 97T

• Thread starter Weider
  • 26 comments
LOTUSTUNE01.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it will do 1:07s and 1:06s online with tire wear on at Red Bull Ring(0 ABS though).
That's what I was thinking. I did a 1:07.1xx last night with a new setup and I was super tired. So, no doubt 1:06 is easily attainable. Just curious. Thanks, man.

That's what I was thinking. I did a 1:07.1xx last night with a new setup and I was super tired. So, no doubt 1:06 is easily attainable. Just curious. Thanks, man.
Did you do this in TT mode?

Cool, come and race with us, our online room regularly features Gran Turismo's fastest drivers!

Some of the lap times I remember in the last few days (real settings, no aids, and 5-10 minute practice before a race)

Red Bull Ring: 1.06.5
Trial Mountain Reverse: 1.01.0
Apricot Hill: 56.4 (Reverse 57.6)
Silverstone: 1.30.1
Laguna Seca: 1.02.3

And I know these times are going to get faster once the racers dial into the circuits and learn how to best exploit the grip... because what the 97Taughablo tune does promise a driver is the ability to go beyond their preconceived limit!

Cool, come and race with us, our online room regularly features Gran Turismo's fastest drivers!

Some of the lap times I remember in the last few days (real settings, no aids, and 5-10 minute practice before a race)

And I know these times are going to get faster once the racers dial into the circuits and learn how to best exploit the grip... because what the 97Taughablo tune does promise a driver is the ability to go beyond their preconceived limit!
I confirm, very fast people in this room, sometime i feel like my car was parked during the races....:ouch:;)

Did you do this in TT mode?
I seem to be about a half second slower online. I haven't tested it online with the new setup from last night, though. Sometimes it is even more though and I've looking at the data logger...shouldn't be higher time. I was doing more or less 1:08 flat, on and offline if I host. Made some tweaks after last night and cut over a second off. I usually don't go on until later in the night and I'm not sure if it is because I'm tired, the physics are slightly different in some way, latency...not sure. Do you guys notice this? I hosted a room the other night and seemed to turn better times. If I host a room, 1:08s were so-so laps at the RBR for me. I knew it needed a little adjusting. I was flying last night and was doing 1:10s, but my buddy was hosting the room. I ran a 1:10 offline and tried to ease up as linearly as I could around the track for some sort of accuracy. The difference between throttle and brake input over a two second gap is staggering. So, we're going with latency leading to fluctuating times.

I seem to be about a half second slower online. I haven't tested it online with the new setup from last night, though. Sometimes it is even more though and I've looking at the data logger...shouldn't be higher time. I was doing more or less 1:08 flat, on and offline if I host. Made some tweaks after last night and cut over a second off. I usually don't go on until later in the night and I'm not sure if it is because I'm tired, the physics are slightly different in some way, latency...not sure. Do you guys notice this? I hosted a room the other night and seemed to turn better times. If I host a room, 1:08s were so-so laps at the RBR for me. I knew it needed a little adjusting. I was flying last night and was doing 1:10s, but my buddy was hosting the room. I ran a 1:10 offline and tried to ease up as linearly as I could around the track for some sort of accuracy. The difference between throttle and brake input over a two second gap is staggering. So, we're going with latency leading to fluctuating times.
More than half a second because you have to factor in tire wear. So more like multiple seconds.

More than half a second because you have to factor in tire wear. So more like multiple seconds.
I consider the tire wear, but I'll leave the pits and go 10% around the track until I'm coming around for a hot lap. So, the tires should be more or less perfect and have at least one solid hot lap in them, right? Under the same circumstances, the laps seem to be even as you said, nearly up to two whole seconds slower on the same amount of rubber left. It's bizarre and I'm netting better times under the same circumstances when I host. It doesn't bother me, because it seems to affect everyone in the room when it happens, sans the host usually. This happens to a few other guys I race with, too. Very quick guys and they're scratching heads after some laps. Spa is another that seems to vary by a second to two.

I accounted for tire wear, of course. We've also turned off tire wear and couldn't touch the times we have run before. Both on and offline. It doesn't bother me, just a suspicious observation.

Hold on. Is this the "lotus pro" room that is usually up at night?

The online rooms will be a little bit slower because the mics cause screen stutter which can cost lap time. With mics off it's easier to get a "clean" stutter free lap although stutter free laps can happen with mics on if no one talks or no one enters/exits the track, pits, or room. It's been this way since one of the latest updates, dont remember which one. I assume it will get smoothed out sometime this century (knowing PD later on in the 21st century.)

The online rooms will be a little bit slower because the mics cause screen stutter which can cost lap time. With mics off it's easier to get a "clean" stutter free lap although stutter free laps can happen with mics on if no one talks or no one enters/exits the track, pits, or room. It's been this way since one of the latest updates, dont remember which one. I assume it will get smoothed out sometime this century (knowing PD later on in the 21st century.)

I only have this problem when someone with a bad internet connection is in the room and usually it is clear because their car lags on screen a little and the first lap might be wobbly. Though the pit lag is annoying hardly any one pits because we keep the races to under 10 laps.

But with this car the real pace comes from, like real Formula One cars, going beyond some preconceived limit and closer to the absolute limit and believing the car will stick! For example at Monaco two nights ago I managed a 1.16.7... I knew there was more pace left in the car so last night in Yadeegson's room, with exactly the same setup and full fuel, I pushed closer to the walls and walked away with a 1.15.2 and convinced that I can do a 14 and an alien like yourself, @IMMORTALPILOT or @DrAug could clock in the 13s or lower (that IS a challenge gents)! It is literally visualizing each and every corner and extracting the maximum out of it...

I hope we start a world championship in these cars!

Been running around A1 Ring for an hour, tinkering with tunes, and I got a 1:11.6 with more to extract, that's without considering I've been scoping out the grip levels on Sports Soft. The base tune itself has definitely highlighted what was wrong with my first tune... and it's actually simpler than I first realised....

What I'm finding with this tune is that 90% is the downforce. I ran much lower settings on downforce on another tune and it just didn't brake where I wanted it to, I've even tried lower brake balance on this tune and still the results are overwhelmingly different to having lower downforce.

What's more, having more toe out in the rear gives the tune a lot more stability and control on the throttle out of low speed corners that 0.00 toe does. This is good for me considering I have a DS3. What I will say though, is that parts of this tune do allow for better sharper turn in, I'm not seeing the usual sliding of the front tyres going through a corner, which is probably down to the camber and the LSD settings.

I'm still not confident on the throttle with these type of cars, and A1 isn't a track I know at all... I was just giving feedback, and most of what I said is personal preference anyway...

I only have this problem when someone with a bad internet connection is in the room and usually it is clear because their car lags on screen a little and the first lap might be wobbly. Though the pit lag is annoying hardly any one pits because we keep the races to under 10 laps.

But with this car the real pace comes from, like real Formula One cars, going beyond some preconceived limit and closer to the absolute limit and believing the car will stick! For example at Monaco two nights ago I managed a 1.16.7... I knew there was more pace left in the car so last night in Yadeegson's room, with exactly the same setup and full fuel, I pushed closer to the walls and walked away with a 1.15.2 and convinced that I can do a 14 and an alien like yourself, @IMMORTALPILOT or @DrAug could clock in the 13s or lower (that IS a challenge gents)! It is literally visualizing each and every corner and extracting the maximum out of it...

I hope we start a world championship in these cars!

I saw that. Very nice. I'm still trying to crack into the 1:15s. I'm hung up on 1:16.1-.3 depending on the night. I've got to stiffen up my brake pedal. There's not enough feeling in it after a change I made a few weeks ago. I had that race at Monaco in the damn bag until the end of the 5th lap and I tagged a wall at chicane by the marina lol. You guys are awesome to race with.

On high speed circuits, like Monza and High Speed Ring, I recommend reducing the aero to 1500.1700, moving the final gear to 2.560 (or 2.500) and reducing the acceleration sensitivity from 20 to 10.

We haven't gone to sleep...

RTRacing is working on a Dynamic Ride Height (DRH) system that uses the suspension to replicate the Drag Reduction System (DRS) on Formula One cars... it couples high aero cornering ability with higher top end speed...

The (Dynamic Ride Height) DRH-enabled Lotus F1 got its first outing in an online room yesterday at Grand Valley East and it was a second faster on the short lap against some top drivers... this is good news because if the DRH works on a track like Grand Valley East that RTRacing does no testing at, it is possible we could produce a unified tune for the car soon... and with that in mind, today we are testing online at Spa for two races, one without DRH-enabled and one with it enabled, test it with us and be blown away!

Latest Posts

Back