Rubber Replacement for Thrustmaster TMX?

• Thread starter JoshB1984
  • 9 comments
United States
Adairsville, GA
First 6 months, rubbers on the steer wheel are kinda melting and wearing due my hand heat and sweaty, and playing Forza 7 and PC2 on Xbox One almost everyday...

So I looking replace something better than this rubber... What's better replacement like leather, grip tape, or something?

3€ on eBay :D
but i can recommend real leather + some skilled craftmanship, then you can make your own. :)
$_12[1].jpg

rubber and tape will become a sticky mess, better use other material.

tape is bad, after a very short time it starts rollup itself caused by your horizontal movement and the whole rim become a sticky dirty mess.

i was "Tuning" one of my first wheels with tape, so i speak from experience.

Last edited:
First 6 months, rubbers on the steer wheel are kinda melting and wearing due my hand heat and sweaty, and playing Forza 7 and PC2 on Xbox One almost everyday...

So I looking replace something better than this rubber... What's better replacement like leather, grip tape, or something?
6 months from new? It should not be falling apart. The rubber on my Driving Force Pro was still in good shape after more than a decade of use.

Return it for a replacement.

The rubber on my Driving Force Pro was still in good shape after more than a decade of use.
The rubber on Driving Force Pro/DFGT is much harder than T150/TMX.I have the same problem with my T150,I never had this problem with DFGT.

6 months from new? It should not be falling apart. The rubber on my Driving Force Pro was still in good shape after more than a decade of use.

Return it for a replacement.

This is an entry level Thrustmaster steering wheel we are referring to. Reskinning the rim would save time, and keep stress to a minimum.

I'd say it would be a perfect opportunity to learn how to properly wrap a steering wheel. Who knows, you could use the skills you learn as a side hustle, to bring in some extra scratch. Lord knows owners of cheap econo-boxes with one too many bolt on performance parts need better options than the Bling-tastic Ebay wheels.

This is an entry level Thrustmaster steering wheel we are referring to. Reskinning the rim would save time, and keep stress to a minimum.

I'd say it would be a perfect opportunity to learn how to properly wrap a steering wheel. Who knows, you could use the skills you learn as a side hustle, to bring in some extra scratch. Lord knows owners of cheap econo-boxes with one too many bolt on performance parts need better options than the Bling-tastic Ebay wheels.
It is £170. It should not fall apart after 6 months.

Back