Rude ****in AI !!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter kazjim
  • 21 comments
  • 1,018 views
Messages
11
Hi guys, I'm a part-time player, i like to play for an hour or two Sunday Arvo....My problem is this....

I'm trying to finish the Amateur GT World Championship with the C5R... I Cant do it.

Everytime i get into a leading position on the later tracks, the AI comes in and "Pushes" me in the corners, ending up in a spin or just nose into the wall....lose 3-4 seconds....... i scream, throw the controller, i even tried kicking the TV but they just wont listen to me. - I NEED A STEWARDS ENQUIRY BUTTON !!!!! ARRRGGHHHH:banghead:

Ok ok, is it just me ? or does this game not play like a "Driving simulator" in the higher parts of the races.... ?I know i'm not a great driver, and that my car setup may not be "perfect" but i like to think that it's at least close, and that i drive conmpetitivly, but the freakin AI just screws me up.... i'm even thinking of giving the game up and starting again, because the first few tracks/cars were a lot more FUN to drive.....

HELP ME ????
Cheers
J
 
Then do what I do when I mad, retaliate at them. Push them into the pits and drive away, slam them into the wall and off the track, use them as barriers. I usually dont do this but if I get aggravated with the AI, its a good stress reliever...
 
the Vitz AI is far worse than the Amateur GT World Championship...or Satan, for that matter.
i agree; fight back.
 
just keep to the inside on corners...the AI cars follow an almost perfect line round the track all the time, if you get in their way tough crap basically...you just need to make sure they dont get on the inside behind you on corners.
 
I noticed too that if you are getting just a little bit sideways tcs and such on or off, and the ai is close they will always hit your tail and send you spinning. Now if you do the same to them, they will always just keep going with no spinning. They also seem to get incredibly hard to keep off of you when you are racing (if its a close race hp and setup wise) but the minute you get behind em you can almost always get ahead in about a 1/2-1 lap, unless you really screw up. :cool:
 
At the Seattle Enduo I hit the Cobra reall hard at the top of the hill. He slammed into the wall and didnt move for 19 laps. I stopped for a minute to watch it try to move around as if it were going around the track, really funny. On the next lap I felt it to be gentlemen like to hit him again...
 
Stick your ass out the window and moon them as you go by, the hate it when you do that :lol:...
 
one time at the start of the race i was acclerating between the other cars and they sandwhiched me and forced me to spin out but i won
 
if they push ya in the corners, chances are you are going too slow for them :p

try going faster in the corners :p
 
what i did was(final corner on special stage r11)to follow the densu sard supra(one of the series races) and as he exited the corner i took the inside and gave him a gentle push to the left, he hit the flat pit sign head on and was there for like 30secs, i was overjoyed, as this guy was worrying me since "go"
 
Originally posted by kazjim I'm trying to finish the Amateur GT World Championship with the C5R... I Cant do it.
Nope. I couldn't do it either. The AI in both that series and the Amateur Gran Turismo All Stars are incredibly obnoxious, and they will rail you any chance they get. They do it to each other, too; it's just that the game protects the AI most times so they don't wipe out as badly as you do.

I suggest something other than the C5R, as well. It has plenty of power, but the front tire life just sucks. I tried the series in that car, and I could lead most of each race, but the front tires were gone by the last lap or two. As I babied it around the track the AI would catch up and nail me to the wall.

You should be able to do it in a JGTC NSX like the Raybrig. I ran it stock for the first 8 races or so and had NA-1 tuning waiting to be installed for the later races where the AI gets their power boost.

Hope this helps, and welcome to GTP!
 
Learn to drift or at least how to do a controlled slide on corners and you'll get the advantage in races. And try and stay ahead of them- that usualy works.
 
The frustrating thing, is if you happen to push the AI where it has one in the sand, they don't spin, but if they do that to me, and they have, I always lose power and sometimes spin.
 
I'm sure I could have done it, but I didn't like the C5R enough to put up with the frustration. So I went back with a less-powerful car and beat them... :p
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Stick your ass out the window and moon them as you go by, the hate it when you do that :lol:...

Aw man, when I do that to the AI all they do is stop and wait till im on the other side of the track. Now you know how I win all the time.
 
heh you should be able to filp them off if you get all angry but when im mad i bump them as there going into a curve and they spin out:lol:
 
Back