Rue's Phab Phorza Photos

• Thread starter Rue
  • 5 comments

Rue

Apparantly...
Premium
Hong Kong
Hong Kong SAR
Here are some of the picks from the photos that I have taken on FM3. Enjoy, comment and give advice...

In chronological order, newest at the top:

An attempt at mimicking the process of vignetting, where the top and bottom of the picture are much darker than the subject. Used to overkill on such programmes as Top Gear. I think it works here.
fer_458italia_001.jpg

Tried to be the first to get the R35 GTR on the Turn 10 Picks submission thread and succeeded but the shots aren't great so I don't expect to see either make the Storefront.
nis_gtr_001.jpg

nis_gtr_002.jpg

Submitted for the Week 5 Photo Comp on our very own GTP. The theme was 'Supercar Planet' and I think I encapsulated both the word 'Supercar' and 'Planet' in this.
bug_veyron_001.jpg

My own design Nissan 370Z Fujimi Kaido Edition. I thought the colours came out nice on this pic. I would never, repeat never have something so tasteless on my real car!
nis_370z_001.jpg

Trying to emulate the feel of the Bonneville Salt Flats with this one. I wanted more of a feeling of lonliness but I couldn't zoom out any more or things would have started creeping into the picture. The Roadrunner is to me the epitomy of muscle car excess.
dod_daytona_001.jpg

The current car I'm racing in career mode. Not a great subject but I wanted to try out some techniques I was developing, one was the salt flat lighting and the other I wanted to look like a studio shot.
por_997gt2_001.jpg

por_997gt2_002.jpg

The white Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV was THE car of my dreams when I was a 9 year old. I grew up with a poster of it on my wall until my house burnt down.

lam_countach_002.jpg

These were taken for the Week 4 Photomode Comp, the theme was 'Eighties'. These couple of photos are meant to look like 80's posters. I added the palm trees in the second one. I think they are the kind of thing you would expect to see on any adolescents wall circa 1986. The first one is currently on Turn 10 Picks and had attracted almost 8,000 views at last check, although not much of those views turn into Storefront sales. Bah!

lam_countach_001.jpg

lam_countach_003-1.jpg

Trying to develop my 'scale-model' look technique here, this time on my NYC Taxi liveried stock car. IMO the shots look great - just like a model (even the little people), but I never got any positivie feedback from them. Oh well, the majority are always right I guess.

che_montecarloss_001.jpg

che_montecarloss_002.jpg

chr_ptcruiser_001.jpg

chr_ptcruiser_002.jpg

chr_ptcruiser_003.jpg

The PT Cruiser. What a massive hunk of crap. I thought the unloved jelly mould could do with a makeover and thought it's character suited something with a bit of novelty value. So, how about a full drag spec NYC Taxi?! The New York track has excellent lighting for taking super-realistic shots. I think this is the sharpest image I have taken yet.
chr_ptcruiser_001.jpg

chr_ptcruiser_002.jpg

chr_ptcruiser_003.jpg

Classic Shelby Daytona here. Trying to go for a scale-model look and think I succeeded although I did it on my rubbish monitor at home so the colours are all off and washed out. Maybe I will revisit this one someday.
she_daytona_002.jpg

she_daytona_003.jpg

she_daytona_004.jpg

she_daytona_006.jpg

My attempt at a livery for the GTPlanet.net livery project. Was going for a 'tech' look here. I put it up for free and it has been selling pretty steadily, thus giving GTP a bit of extra exposure, a bit of a coup considering which game it's in. There's also a blue one in my Storefront.

mit_lancerevox_001.jpg

More to come...

Last edited:
Rue
Ok, so maybe a was being a little harsh :embarrassed:

No, no, no. I didn't mean I love the real one. I love what you've done to this one...Is it some sort of ridiculous RWD hemi swap? Viper V10? NASCAR? :dunce:

No, no, no. I didn't mean I love the real one. I love what you've done to this one...Is it some sort of ridiculous RWD hemi swap? Viper V10? NASCAR? :dunce:

I wish it was. Idiotically I actually did the design before doing the tuning assuming there would be that option, but alas there wasn't so the tuning is purely visual for now. I'm trying to save up as much money as possible and only tuning cars if I have to.

Back