DANCING in the RAIN is a club where I intend holding
races in changeable weather once a month.
The inaugural event will be using the Ruf 3400S, stock, at Spa,
a 22 lap race, with the weather set to change at 10X. Sports Soft and full
wet tyres will be available, depletion will be set to fast.
All assists will be off, with the exception of ABS, penalties and damage set to light.
The usual on-line racing rules apply, which can be summarised by saying, don't be an idiot and don't cheat.
The Boxter is thoroughly deserving of its reputation as a well balanced car in the real world, and the virtual version can give you all that purity of driving, without having to cut anyone's hair! Although it does demand more respect than you might imagine in the wet.
And wet, it may well be. We will start with a dry track, but the weather will be set to change at 10 times. We can expect rain.
So, that's it, the CLUB I/D IS 1016574. If you enjoy the challenge of changeable conditions, and fancy something a bit different once a month, in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere Dancing in the Rain could be right up your street. Aliens and mortals will receive the same warm welcome, so put on your wellies and join the chaps who like splashing about.
Damn community facilities! Can anyone tell me how I can see a list of sign-ups in the club section please? I know there are some, but apart from Jocke I haven't a clue who they are.
Hm, this looks interesting. I'm interested in joining. I better get me the little Boxster before the 8th. I just bought a 787B yesterday so hopefully I'll get the Boxster today.
There should be a member list button somewhere on the club page and also on the event page.
Main page - third button along the top.
Event page - the only button below the "picture" (and the members entered count)
I don't think they were there originally (at least for others viewing) but they are there now.
The members currently in your club...
JockeP22
csabinko
Disturbe-d
longdon1986
MoneebC
p911sparkymark
SparrowRacing
van787
Zolon32
Thanks very much If. I hope that most who've joined intend getting involved in the race. I think I'll send them personal invites.
And, welcome to RedBull, it'll be good to have you aboard. I've had someone questioning whether there is a problem with changing from wet tyres to dry and visa versa. I do recall that there was at one time. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether this is still the case?