RUF CTR2 - Gone in under 240 seconds

• Thread starter Orion
  • 6 comments

Orion

(Banned)
This is a Race Report of my RUF CTR2, a car that I didn't even need settings to drive good, I just threw in any suspension settings and went all out.

Car:

Price: $382,000 and WELL worth it.

Drivetrain: R4WD, Rear Engined Four Wheel Drive

Discription in my own words: A great car that shouldn't be overlooked. All you need is suspension settings and upgrades, then you got one hell of a car. 👍 It can easily be set up for drift, even when ON the gas. It offers great braking strength for a Rear Engined car. It can also run 8.212 in the 0-400M test! That is only 0.122 slower than the RUF RGT that has 1099HP... I did the drag racing times myself. Now this is one great car once you set it up.

This race would be done on the famous Complex String, a track that tests your car in all areas.

Settings:

Suspension: Front Back
Spring Rate 8.0 | 11.0
Ride Height 77mm | 87mm
Bound 3 | 4
Rebound 6 | 8
Camber 0.0 | 0.0
Toe 0 | 0
Stabilizers 4 | 5

VCD 10%

Tires Racing Super Softs front and back.
No driving AIDS, Transmission upgrades, or LSD upgrades at all.

I started out the race, already in excess of 200MPH, listening to that turbo hiss and pffft through 6 gears. :dopey: On turn one, I thought I was braking to early, so I decided to let go of brake, then brake again. Already a mistake. :ouch: But I stood on the road, in the middle of a drift. This help me get maximum exit speed on the exit of turn one, heading straight for the slalom.

I usually suck at slaloms, but no worries, I'm in a somewhat oversteery RUF CTR2, I can handle it. My main focus was getting a time under 4'00.000. In other words, I cut through the grass instead of finishing the slalom on track, but don't try this on SAND!! :indiff:

After the slalom (which I nailed), I entered this hairpin, ending up drifting again. :grumpy: Another good drift that helped me with my exit speed though. 👍 I now enter the most challenging part IMO. The squared off slalom, which is very tight and needs a bit of oversteer to get through it. I got through this part kind of easy. I'm in the zone... :sly:

Then comes the left turn that is connected to another left turn, after a sort of curved straightaway. This part was tricky, because in a Rear Engined car, that will cause the back end to drift alot! :crazy: I got through the first left turn of this part with ease, but it upsets the balance of my CTR2. :scared: I had no choice, but to drift, I sort of fell to the outside, which slowed me down alot. Then I noticed something, my front tires was still spinning past 130MPH, helping me gain speed REALLY fast. :odd: It wouldn't disengage the burnout until I hit the brakes. I was fine with that, it was sort of like having a bottle of nitrous. I now, enter the next hairpin after the straight.

This one made my RUF oversteer in entry to corner, then just steer in mid corner, and BURNOUT and understeer at the exit of corner. The burnout this time didn't last long though. :guilty: I'm now into the right-left-right-left-right-left-right "circle" turns, ALMOST. I cut through the grass, knowing that time's a wastin'!

I did the circle turns with ease, as all I have to do is maintain throttle control to keep a constant speed, same thing I did on license test IA-8. I golded that liscense test with 3 seconds to spare, so this is no big. I now enter the straightaway, VROOM PSSSH! :dopey: Going over 170MPH on that long curve, I was asking for trouble.

I then, slow down, trying to be careful, because the undulating slalom is on it's way. I golded this test, with a second or so to spare, another easy task. But I am now in a 848HP RUF, so I had to be more careful. No license test can set me up for this! :yuck: I was able to clear these corners with a speed between 125MPH-135MPH, depending on which hill I was on. After the undulating slaloms, theres this tricky right handed turn, that can MAKE or BREAK your run.

I slowed down, causing my car to oversteer a bit, then took the right handed corner. I got this in the bag... :mischievous: But wait... This CORNER UPSETS YOUR BALANCE AGAIN! :banghead: There was a tight left handed hairpin at the end of the right handed turn. I braked a bit late, knowing that the RUFFY wanted to drift again. :rolleyes: I turned left while I was braking, making the rear end tail happy, then floored it at mid-drift, then I was still drifting, and now I'm burning out again, the car is peeling the front tires to SHREDS! :D My RUF was ready for anything I threw at it. It exited the corner with an almost perfect exit speed, which is perfect for the open road in front of me.

But wait, I'm STILL BURNING OUT!! Now 130MPH, 140MPH, 160MPH, 175MPH, over 180MPH, and my front tires still are spewing white smoke. What a glitch. :rolleyes:

Then I noticed, OMG a TURN!! BRAKE!!! BRRRAAKKKEE!!! :scared: I upsetted the balance again, turning full lock right and braking full force on this R4WD car is not a good thing, unless you are in some D1GP or something. I drifted, but mid-corner I stopped drifting, my front tires burning out again, causing understeer. I barely made this hairpin, 1 milimeter away from the outside grass, good thing there is a such thing as curbing to save me.

Then I saw the time runing out. Forget this, I have my record time to break. :sly: I cut through the grass on the very tight right-left turn, closing in on the last big corner. I couldn't drift a corner this big, so I treated it like one of the "circle" turns. I had about 1/3 throttle for the whole turn, then FLOORED it on the exit.

Ohh noes, 3'54.xxx... 3'55.xxx... 3'56.xxx... 3'57.xxx... 3'58.xxx... 3'59.xxx!!!!! :scared: :nervous:

THEN BANG! Final time of... 3'59.943. :D:D:D

I have broke my CTR2 record finally, which used to be 4'00.292.

So... Yeah, a RUF CTR2 is a great car, buy it, NOW. :cool:

Hey it's the gT3 forum. Everyone's afraid to make a comment or something despite all the work you put into this post. :nervous: GT4 you'd have to fight 'em off!

Wow, Good post. You really know your car's. I'm still learning the ropes of the game and I can vouche for the RUF. I played with its settings and I was able to get it go through the turns easier. I will try your settings out as well.

Yes. That's usually been the general rule for me too: soften front/stiffen rear and lower the front too. And (typically) more camber up front. But all this depends on the car...there's some cars i find i need to do just the opposite.

Yes. That's usually been the general rule for me too: soften front/stiffen rear and lower the front too. And (typically) more camber up front. But all this depends on the car...there's some cars i find i need to do just the opposite.
Yeah, cars like the Dodge Viper can really kill you when fully modded, as well as the Falcon XR8. The amazing torque and unnecessary HP makes it turn into a uncontrollable drift car.

A bonus race report is on the way. 👍

Back