Ruf ctr2 settings

joseph dobson
i love the ruf ctr2 and i want it to handle like ar racing car but i'm not much of a tuner! Please can someone help me?!

It's a tough car to tune due to the fact that you can't add a wing to give you any added downforce, and when fully moded, this car pushes over 900hp. I'm not saying that it CAN'T be tuned, only that having it drive like a race car is another story all together. I'll see what I can dig up... I think I've got a set up for it at home... don't think I made it though... I'll get back to you on that, Later Ed

alright then, if i can't get it to handle like a race car, then just make the dam brakes work! I can never stop wear i won't on Fuji (i think it is the best circuit for testing the brakes!)

joseph dobson
alright then, if i can't get it to handle like a race car, then just make the dam brakes work! I can never stop wear i won't on Fuji (i think it is the best circuit for testing the brakes!)

Cool, cool... I'm on it, but I'm at work at the mo, so I'll have to get back to ya on that...

settings will have to wait, i just have to tell u that some cars' breaks just suck crack. there are just some cars with horrible braking, u just have to deal with that.

where do u get the ctr2, ill tune it when i get it

djaft3rb3ats

here
sr__10.4/12.0
rh__100/102
bound__7/9
rb4/3
cam__3.5/2.5
toe__0/-2
stab__2/6
it__5/7
lms accel__10/45
lms deccel__5/8
if u don't like them ill work on somthing else

That is a great setting for the car dude, its so much better, im now going to try and improve on that, see how we go.

You know if you take the suspention out of the car its faster down the 1/4mile?

Vip
That is a great setting for the car dude, its so much better, im now going to try and improve on that, see how we go.

You know if you take the suspention out of the car its faster down the 1/4mile?
alright cool have fun 👍

The best way to get the most out of the CTR2 is to drive it for what it is, and not try to tune it into something it's not.

The one tuning change this car requires is a step down in rubber. If you downgrade from S3's to S2's, the CTR2 becomes much easier to drive.

However, this car steers with it's gas and brake pedals as much as it does the actual steering input. Much like the CTR (Yellowbird), the CTR2 requires tuning the driver, not the car.

If you tap the brakes coming into a turn, the car will give you the oversteer you're looking for, then ease onto the gas to track the car through. Brake tapping for oversteer is especially helpful on high speed bends where the CTR2 otherwise refuses to turn. Too much throttle coming out of a turn will push the car off the track everytime.

It takes some patience and practice, but it's a fun car to drive, if you're willing to adjust to it, instead of trying to adjust it to you.

I'm beginning to think that should be RUF's slogan.

at least the yellow bird is actually capable of turning at high speeds.

the ctr2, despite it's 500 hp output would get raped by the yellow bird if only because you don't need to brake on high speed bends to get through a slight curve.

in fact, anything within the same power range would beat the ctr2.

Dont forget the CTR2 is 4WD and as such has a few more issues than the other Ruf's.

I would suggest working through the tuning guides expertly written by our SuperMod Scaff, the link is in my signature.....

You should be able to come to a decent set up with his advice and notes.

On another note you always seem to be going quicker than you think in the Ruf's, try braking earlier as I dont feel it has any poor braking issues as such, and remember the advice always given to driving the 911 that this car is based on.....slow in fast out, slow in fast out!

A VCD controller may help on this car but I havent tried it myself.

regards

David

Dave_George
...and remember the advice always given to driving the 911 that this car is based on.....slow in fast out, slow in fast out!

David

Or, if you can manage it, you can always go for "fast in sideways, fast out!" Try learning to drive it that way if you can. Just remember, when the rear starts to go, get back on the gas fast. You don't really want to be all the way sideways, but RR cars are the most natural and fun drifters you can get, and the only configuration where some drifting is actually beneficial. People say it is treacherous, but personally, both in GT4 and Real Life, I find I have a lot more problems dealing with understeer than oversteer. The CTR2 suffers from on-throttle understeer to a horrible degree however, you might well like the BTR, Yellowbird, or RGT better.

panjandrum
The CTR2 suffers from on-throttle understeer to a horrible degree however, you might well like the BTR, Yellowbird, or RGT better.
Whoa, do this mean, if I use 0.0/3.0 camber in BTR I should use 0.0/5.0 or more in CTR2?

sucahyo
Whoa, do this mean, if I use 0.0/3.0 camber in BTR I should use 0.0/5.0 or more in CTR2?

You basically don't have to tune the RUF suspensions much at all. If I remember correctly most of them come with sports suspensions and that is all I put on them, otherwise you'll begin to remove the distinctive nature of these cars. If you're talking front / rear on your camber settings, on the Yellowbird and the BTR I use 2.0 / 1.0 on the Sports suspension. On the RGT I use 2.0 / 0.

They drive *totally* different than an FR car, don't expect the same handling characteristics.

panjandrum
They drive *totally* different than an FR car, don't expect the same handling characteristics.
I figure that I have to use more rear camber if the CTR2 is more understeer that BTR (reducing rear grip). I use 0.0/3.0 in BTR to make it easier to do crawl sideways.

Here are some good settings.

They should work for you and they greatly improve all aspects of the car.
I have tested and they work really well.

Here you go.

If you find these settings useful please let me know via the red checkmark.

Cheers

T4 GTR

Attachments

• RUF CTR2.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 239
T4 GTR
Here are some good settings.

They should work for you and they greatly improve all aspects of the car.
I have tested and they work really well.

Here you go.

If you find these settings useful please let me know via the red checkmark.

Cheers

T4 GTR

it runs well because it's on R4 tires.

try to make something raceable on S tires which is what the game forces you to use most of the time.

the Pan Euro Championship is a good place to test such a setup.

dudejo
it runs well because it's on R4 tires.

try to make something raceable on S tires which is what the game forces you to use most of the time.

the Pan Euro Championship is a good place to test such a setup.

Sure thing:)

I'll have a go.

T4 GTR

Did you dig up this 5 year old thread for any other reason than to post something completely inane and pointless? :odd:

The CTR2 doesnt have the VCD available so, thats a problem. Now, If you want a good Porsche based racer why buy the better looking and much better handling BTR or win the CTR "Yellowbird" (a.k.a. Big bird)

I know it's an old thread but there's another potential option I didn't see in the thread.

Adding ballast to the very front of the car made a big difference for me. Not only to counter-balance the rear engine platform but to improve the response from the front tires.

This made a big difference for me in the Boxer Spirit races, where the tracks require a lot of careful cornering. Of course, there's the obvious trade-off of reduced acceleration and speed so this may not be adequate everywhere.

Back