RUF RGT Competitive Online??

  • Thread starter Thread starter mr.wigglesaur
  • 20 comments
  • 1,496 views
Messages
122
I believe the title explains my question. :)

I'm just tired of running around in ferraris and I'm wondering if a fully tuned ruf could compete on a field of similar pp/hp performing ferraris mclarens etc.

thanks in advance! :D
 
not really.


a Ford GT could take the fight to Ferrari and Mclaren and come out on top...So might a Viper ACR
 
Ehh, probably not. It just feels too unrefined and loses a lot of speed cornering(although that could just be my tune)

I do however regularly show ferraris up with my tommy kaira zz11(I think that's what it's called)
 
At 500-540 it's competitive. At 550+, it's a little twitchy when braking so you end up braking early in a straight line and light on the brakes when turning, otherwise the rear end gets loose and you spin out.
 
At 500-540 it's competitive. At 550+, it's a little twitchy when braking so you end up braking early in a straight line and light on the brakes when turning, otherwise the rear end gets loose and you spin out.

This. Silly Germans put the engine in the back, thus making tuning nonstandard and the car itself twitchy around corners at higher speeds. Really fun to take around the ring in practice mode, not so great online. I don't think you can put aero on it either.
 
Yes the RUF's are some very competitive cars on-line as long you have the setup right. Just take the time to find out what works best for the car.
 
If you can drive in zigzags then go for it! The RR setups in RUFs are generally too much for me. I spend more time trying to avoid fishtailing than going in a straight line. Lots of fun? Yep. Quick times? Nope.

That's just me, though. (DS3 without driving aids or skill)
 
If you can drive in zigzags then go for it! The RR setups in RUFs are generally too much for me. I spend more time trying to avoid fishtailing than going in a straight line. Lots of fun? Yep. Quick times? Nope.

That's just me, though. (DS3 without driving aids or skill)

I couldn't drive the RGT fast with the DS3 but once I got the wheel, I got pretty good with it but have to be perfect and make no mistakes. Once you brake late or get throttle happy, the car will let you know it. Around Grand Valley East, the RGT was about two-tenths slower than the 02 NSX Type R. It's about the only car I have that can keep up with the NSX Type R. The M3 CSL & GTR are usually three to four-tenths slower.
 
This. Silly Germans put the engine in the back, thus making tuning nonstandard and the car itself twitchy around corners at higher speeds. Really fun to take around the ring in practice mode, not so great online. I don't think you can put aero on it either.

This not^^
When you can actually !!drive!! (aka really drive) the cars become beasts.
Its a whole different behaviour than anything else, but the general RR setup is perfect for cornering (ever catched a GT3 RS in a corner? guess not).
However time needed to get used to RR may be long...
 
This not^^
When you can actually !!drive!! (aka really drive) the cars become beasts.
Its a whole different behaviour than anything else, but the general RR setup is perfect for cornering (ever catched a GT3 RS in a corner? guess not).
However time needed to get used to RR may be long...

Still don't agree. Although the RR setup means that you are forgiven for braking during cornering due to the more even weight distribution under these circumstances, attempting to power on out of a corner amounts to massive understeer, meaning that you have to compensate by accelerating later through the corner. Although I agree that they are fantastic cars, other vehicles with similar PP ranges simply outclass the RGT.

EDIT: Just took my RGT for a spin and what I failed to mention is that it is very stable under throttle. I am beginning to suspect that I am wrong and you are right to some degree.... I will continue trialling the RGT.
 
Last edited:
I've seen people use them to great success in 530PP races.
 
RR driving and tuning requires a different skillset to the one usually used in the game with FF/FR/MR. While the PP system would level things out so that the car is competitive, if it doesn't suit your driving style then you'll never be competitive - maybe the RUF's are 'marmite' cars.
 
RR driving and tuning requires a different skillset to the one usually used in the game with FF/FR/MR. While the PP system would level things out so that the car is competitive, if it doesn't suit your driving style then you'll never be competitive - maybe the RUF's are 'marmite' cars.

👍

It is a shame though, that PD won't let us put wings on any of them (besides the BTR I think). Otherwise, the RGT would be on par with GT500 racecars. I think it is possible to be competitive with other road cars online, but you have to dedicate yourself to tuning and driving RRs, which is tough because there are so many other fun cars in game.
 
In near stock for the RGT is great, you really do have to adapt to the RR style though. I use a fully modded 3400S to great success, its so light and has tons of power as well. Wish we had more Porches, 911 sport classic would be awesome.
 
Still don't agree. Although the RR setup means that you are forgiven for braking during cornering due to the more even weight distribution under these circumstances, attempting to power on out of a corner amounts to massive understeer, meaning that you have to compensate by accelerating later through the corner. Although I agree that they are fantastic cars, other vehicles with similar PP ranges simply outclass the RGT.

EDIT: Just took my RGT for a spin and what I failed to mention is that it is very stable under throttle. I am beginning to suspect that I am wrong and you are right to some degree.... I will continue trialling the RGT.

The key to the RGT is throttle control. You will carry more speed through a corner than other vehicles so you don't have to power-on as soon or as hard, just light throttle until you reach the apex.
 
I had a race (for a Portuguese championship) last weekend with RGT on Eiger Short (it was snowing) against people with steering wheel and DS3 and i won... 1:02:7xxx fast lap

I have to say that was one of my favorite online races ever. Great car but as someone said "a little twitchy around corners".

Abs 1 only. :)
 
Still don't agree. Although the RR setup means that you are forgiven for braking during cornering due to the more even weight distribution under these circumstances, attempting to power on out of a corner amounts to massive understeer, meaning that you have to compensate by accelerating later through the corner. Although I agree that they are fantastic cars, other vehicles with similar PP ranges simply outclass the RGT.

EDIT: Just took my RGT for a spin and what I failed to mention is that it is very stable under throttle. I am beginning to suspect that I am wrong and you are right to some degree.... I will continue trialling the RGT.

Im no expert with these cars either. im trying but im no way perfect or good.
the basic idea (i might be wrong here) of RR cars is to break "quite" early. Coast through the corner real fast and apply throttle after you passed the apex firm but gentle.
If you overdo it, you need to pass the countersteer hell (try to countersteer and stay on the throttle when oversteering took place at the apex.
Its hillarious how these cars (yellowbird) just come out of the corner with brute force. Its a thin line and needs lots of practice but its so fun when you can handle it.

Edit:
Fixed by Derrict :)
 
Last edited:
The RGT is a great car for online PP races. If it proves to be a handful in quick left-right transitions and irregular track surfaces -- and it will, without sufficient practice -- give the significantly more docile 3400S a try. 👍
 
The RGT is the 4WD isnt it? Thats why its the most "stable" of the porsches and i think the only one with slight understeer issues.

the CTR2 is 4WD. RGT is RR.
 
Back