RUF RT12 - 3 pics

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nightmage82
  • 16 comments
  • 1,069 views
Messages
1,494
:grumpy: my post just got wasted by an internet explorer error...

So i'll write it again... I found 3 pics of the RUF-modified porsche 911 (997), and to me this car is pretty close to perfection. The bodykit is right, the styling is spot on, the colour perhaps isn't but who cares, this car looks amazing :D

The 997 clearly has the old 993 headlights, but i think the back has something of the 944 or 928 about it... anyone else think so?

P.S. i dont really like the second pic. i don't think supercars should have pics taken at their level, cause u'll never see them like that unless you kneel, the 'natural look' is from slightly above...

rufrt12-1.jpg
rufrt12-2.jpg
rufrt12-3.jpg
 
I just want to know what it is sporting under the hood. Very nice pictures.
 
xcsti
I just want to know what it is sporting under the hood. Very nice pictures.
wow fast reply, perhaps i should have put the stats up too, here u go:

engine: Water Cooled-Flat-6 w/Dry Sump Lubrication
position: Rear Longitudinal
aspiration: Twin KKK turbochargers w/Integrated Wastegates
valvetrain: DOHC, 4 Valves per Cyl w/Varible Valve Timing
fuel feed: Electronic Bosch fuel injection
power: 484.7 kw / 650 bhp @ Not Available rpm
drive wheels: Rear wheel drive
body / frame: Unit Steel
front brakes: Cross-Drilled & Inner Vented Discs w/ABS, Monobloc Calipers
rear brakes: Cross-Drilled & Inner Vented Discs w/ABS, Monobloc Calipers
front wheels: F 48.3 x 22.9 cm / 19.0 x 9 in
rear wheels: R 50.8 x 31.8 cm / 20 x 12.5 in
front tire size: 255/35 ZR 19 Pirelli
rear tire size: 345/25 ZR 20 Pirelli tyres
f suspension: RUF Sports Suspension, Adjustable in Ride Height and Stiffness
r suspension: RUF Sports Suspension, Adjustable in Ride Height and Stiffness
transmission: Six-speed manual with customer-specified gear ratios
top speed: 354.1 kph / 220.0 mph
0 - 60 mph: 3.7 seconds
 
Pah! That's just a modified 911.....

*** ducks ***
 
Nightmage82
wow fast reply, perhaps i should have put the stats up too, here u go

Yeah, I guess it was just luck. That thing is a beast. I'll start saving my pennies and maybe by the time porsche releases a new generation I'll be able to afford one.
 
daan
Pah! That's just a modified 911.....

*** ducks ***
yeah but the 997 gt2 isn't out yet (unless im mistaken) so here we get to see what it would look like :D
 
In my eyes, that is not close to perfection. It looks like it has a cow-catcher on the nose. The Techart 997 is far closer to perfection. :)

It is a pretty car though.
 
First pic, I think is pretty close to perfection. In any case, it's an very beautiful car.

P.S. Anybody know the 1/4mile time of this car?
 
Nice, although I don't remember the front body kit being like that? I remember it orange though. :D:tup:
 
eliseracer
In my eyes, that is not close to perfection. It looks like it has a cow-catcher on the nose. The Techart 997 is far closer to perfection. :)

It is a pretty car though.
techart is nice, but i prefer the ruf wheels :)

and ionno the 1/4 mile time :'(

Porsche_TechArt-117-1024.jpg
 
HOLY COW !!!!!!!

That is SWEET !... Not too fond of the color, but the styling is spot on !..
 
How much is it? It has the new 3.8-litre flat-6 doesn't it?
 
That's one hella-sweet-badass car. New word founded exclusively for such an occasion.
 
theGTfreak
How much is it?
i think its a one off at the moment. ruf just showing off... but im sure if u asked them to build it they would. im thinking $400-500k?

the stats look like it could give a carrera gt a run for its money... so the price will reflect that...
 
a6m5
P.S. Anybody know the 1/4mile time of this car?
not as fast as a SRT-4
sly.gif


but seriously i would say maybe low 12's high 11's

would still have 1 996 GT2 though
 
Beautiful! I haven't seen any high res pictures of it, just the crappy ones on the Ruf site.

Ruf always uses "interesting" colors.

I am into the new 997, though have a hard time telling them apart from 993, especially on the street....but Ruf has really evolved the design here. I see alot of CTR2 in that car.....

a 997 based CTR3 can't be that far off! It is about 10 years form the CTR2 which was almost 10 years from the CTR....hmmmm
 
Back