RUFs to Porsches

• Thread starter nfs76
  • 7 comments
Finland
Finland
Olli_Pekka76
Hi, I was wondering that which Porsche-models are doable from Rufs in gt6? Some minor look differences are of course acceptable, but how would you transform Rufs to their basemodels...or perhaps to some other Porsche?

That should work with ctr and ctr2 which Ridox have already tuned, but how about other models? Just wondering if any of you have done some Porsche replicas, and which Porsches are actually doable, if you don't mind minor look differences.

@nfs76 911/930 body is my favorite, normal and "semi wide" :) 911
930 body cars theoretically can be replicated, but power band goes wicked and therefore throttle response starts to make own difficulties.
Ridox is better answering for this replica thing, I'm more like replicating setups/handling and going under fence on different places than him, he's producing whole packet.

Ps. For easy base I have "shopping bag" and "school bus", if noABS scares try with ABS 98/98mm SS-tires.
Ridox has few great Porsches, can't remember which is most "easiest" base, all are handling fine for Porsches :)

That is btw a huge flaw on gt6 tuning, that you can't iron off those power peaks. There should be at least this option via sports computer, maybe three different options. I thought, that I will try to tune power with low rpm turbo and oil change, and then use power limiter. Some cars allow to install exhaust manifold, which - at least in it's description- should give you better response to lower rpm.

That is one thing that MUST be sorted for the next GT - I want (need !!) to see full Porsche models in premium. Very important.

That is btw a huge flaw on gt6 tuning, that you can't iron off those power peaks. There should be at least this option via sports computer, maybe three different options. I thought, that I will try to tune power with low rpm turbo and oil change, and then use power limiter. Some cars allow to install exhaust manifold, which - at least in it's description- should give you better response to lower rpm.
Bag&bus setups there is similar torque/hp ratio, if putting power parts differently and having different ratio car starts to break handling characteristics. On RR/MR cars that ratio really makes lot on handling, different ratio and you have to redo lot of setup to keep car on control. Power Limiter makes engine response somehow "fluffy" (even sound starts to blur), sharpness is gone if using approx 10% or more.
Because of this limiting problem I'm going under fence there, keeping power close to 100% as much as possible and it prevents to do those Porsche replicas with original manufacturer power, but there's lot of tuned Porsches around, picking power from them and doing real setup around it is just fun.
I.e. 930 turbo real-world setup fits in on BTR, "bag" is close copy/replica of turbo setup, using suspension alignments etc from it, "bus" just have more power on same ratio and tweaked rear spring rate, tweaking spring rate won't make it less replica, RUF did final spring calibration on their models also, so springs on real RUF may vary some lb-in between same model.

Back