[RUMOR] Fisker on GT?

• Thread starter GTPM118
  • 20 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mexico
Mexico
M-118
This just a rumor, according to this FB link https://www.facebook.com/GranTurismo5
Don't know if true or not but it says..
"We were lucky enough to have Fisker drop one of these off for a test drive. Should we add this to our lineup? Better question is does it stand a chance?"

So, it could be true?:indiff:

The "better question" is what ruins the validity of that post, aside from the fact that it isn't the official GT5 facebook page to begin with.

Justin BEAVER has one, NO WAY!!! Besides, we have enough tree hugger cars in Gran Turismo as it is. Damned tree huggers crying out for ethanol is killing our food prices. And nooooow, they discover ethanol gas produces more pollutants than gasoline. It also destroys engines internally. I know Fisker is electric, I'm just sick of tree huggers whining about their precious environment protection solutions that are actually more harmful to the environment! The environment has ways of taking care of its self. Remember the BP oil spill? Where's the oil? A giant broom/mop called a hurricane took care of that.

Justin BEAVER has one, NO WAY!!! Besides, we have enough tree hugger cars in Gran Turismo as it is.

No we don't. I'd love to see the Audi R8 e-Tron concept, SLS AMG E-cell, eRuf, BMW i8 Concept, Nismo Leaf RC concept and more included. They're all rather exciting electric cars, and if I'm going to have "tree-hugger" cars, then they might as well be the ones that are easy on the eyes and quick around the track.

Damned tree huggers crying out for ethanol is killing our food prices. And nooooow, they discover ethanol gas produces more pollutants than gasoline. It also destroys engines internally.

Actually the demand for Ethanol came from American corn farmers wanting American cars to run on Ethanol. It also came from the government trying to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. The only thing the "tree-huggers" had anything to do about was buying into it thinking it was going to help the environment. Because cars that get worst fuel mileage are good for the environment. Right.

I know Fisker is electric

Fisker would want me to tell you that they're not. Tesla's are electric, Fisker's are range-extended.

I'm just sick of tree huggers whining about their precious environment protection solutions that are actually more harmful to the environment! The environment has ways of taking care of its self. Remember the BP oil spill? Where's the oil? A giant broom/mop called a hurricane took care of that.

👎

No, the demand didn't come from the farmers. The govn't send them a check to grow the crop. They need to get rid of the ethanol trash all together, its not doing any good and it makes everything run like absolute s***.

I doubt that they could balance the Fisker for GT5. It would have the same problems as the GT by Citroen concept in terms of the power delivery screwing up the PP, except it weighs more than the Dodge Ram and has no downforce.

It would basically be a second Tank Car.

I doubt that they could balance the Fisker for GT5. It would have the same problems as the GT by Citroen concept in terms of the power delivery screwing up the PP, except it weighs more than the Dodge Ram and has no downforce.

It would basically be a second Tank Car.

I do not understand the point.

Why would anyone "balance" it? Car is a car, it has its particular capabilities and it is more or less special/unique with those capabilities.

Why would any kind of "balance" be needed? What would exactly be a problem there (or with any other similar vehicle)? Also, what is the "problem" with the Tank Car, I fail to realise the logic Tor?

Justin BEAVER has one, NO WAY!!! Besides, we have enough tree hugger cars in Gran Turismo as it is. Damned tree huggers crying out for ethanol is killing our food prices. And nooooow, they discover ethanol gas produces more pollutants than gasoline. It also destroys engines internally. I know Fisker is electric, I'm just sick of tree huggers whining about their precious environment protection solutions that are actually more harmful to the environment! The environment has ways of taking care of its self. Remember the BP oil spill? Where's the oil? A giant broom/mop called a hurricane took care of that.

Er...okay, you've made your point but if they have to add one more electric car my vote goes to the Fisker Karma, think it's the first electric car ever that I would love to try.
I also like the way it looks (both in and outside) even though the performance is limited.

Last edited:
You should know the page isn't real since they asked if they should add it to their line-up. Since when has PD ever directly asked the fans about a car like that? Never.

This post wreaks of ignorance. You start it off by hating on an 18 year old that is worth $120,000,000 - while trying to be funny by misspelling his name. You then go on a rant as to why the Fisker Karma is a useless "Tree-hugger" car?
The Karma is a ground breaker.. A true enthusiast likes almost all performance savy cars.

Why would any kind of "balance" be needed?
So it could actually be useable for game events limited by PP? Which the Tank Car and Citroen by GT are not because the way that the power is delivered highly skews the performance points in a way that makes them uncompetitive?

I'm not seeing where the confusion lies.

Fiskers are being recalled, something is catching fire. I heard about it on the radio when I was somewhat sleeping. Then there is the 200 million dollars from US tax payers Fisker received.

It wouldn't be shocking to see the Fisker in GT, seeing how the current Karma probably isnt the most electrifying drive out there. The thunderous torque definitely helps with the static 4 cylinder around most of the shorter circuits, where the linear torque would give it some sort of help. Even though this is not the official gt5 page on facebook, i think the addition of the Karma wouldnt meet too much resistance.

To reiterate, that's a deceptive Facebook page which has no affiliation to Sony or Polyphony Digital. I'm going to close this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back