Rumor Patrol - Playstation 5 to be Announced in 2019.

United States
Azle, TX
supermanfromazle
SanjiHimura
Source:

Playstation 5
Suspected announcement date: February 2019 (based on the PS4's launch.)
Playstation Experience in 2019: Unknown
Expected Launch: 2020

List of features Rumored:

1. Backward compatibility. (based on patents)

List of Games Announced

None​

Although it was suprising that Sony has pulled out of E3 and that feels like a slow death sentence for the expo as a whole (thats a discussion for another thread) it's pretty much a given that the PS5 was going to be announced or even launched next year.

I really hope the it has FULL disk based backwards compatibility, not just PS4 (which would totally be expected) but also PS2 & 3. Microsoft has most Xbox and 360 games working so I hope Sony take note.

I also hope they price it this time as a premium product, not a budget one like the launch PS4 was, so it has more power and functionality like the launch PS3.

Last edited:
There's alot news out there on the PS5 now.

Rumored to have around 10-15 TFLOPS

8 TFLOPS are required to run PS4 in native 4K

I really hope at least the first few years of its run PS exlusive games will run both on ps5 and ps4. That way I dont have to buy them again when upgrading mid-cycle.

Rumor Patrol: Sony is reportedly shifting development studios focus to PS5.

According to Industry analyst Daniel Ahmad, Sony has developed the dev kits to the PS5, saying quote: "in general, most of the focus for Sony [first party studios] is on PS5 right now. It is still early to talk about next gen but I imagine we'll hear some whispers come out of GDC." He later added, "PS5 dev kits are out there and I've heard positive things about it."

Sony has already confirmed work on the PS5's development and several third-party publishers are openly working on next-gen games. In fact, a reported 18% of developers are openly working on the next generation.

However, we shouldn't expect much in news this year as Ahmad explains that the company still has unannounced games that are existing IPs set to launch this year.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...ifting-first-party-development-focus-onto-ps5

Latest Posts

Back