Running out of gas after finish

Slovakia
Slovakia
dawko-san
Hey,

I think SMS needs to fix this ASAP: when racing online, you are supposed to help yourself with choosing the right amount of fuel right? That's OK with me so I run a few laps during qualification, make a good time and meanwhile I check how much fuel I need for 1 lap. Then I multiply it by laps and add a little reserve maybe - ussualy when I run the race for the first time or just didn't have enough time to properly calculate the usage. Anyway, I finish the race with, let's say 1.3 litres. And here it comes. When you finish, an AI driver does 1 more lap and then goes to pits. However, if he runs out of fuel during this lap, he pulls over on grass and jumps right into pits and boom, you are disqualified.

Why???? I mean, what were they thinking of????? They even tell you this strategy in hints during loading screen so why the hell do I need to have another 5 litres of petrol-weight.

It's just ridiculous and it needs to be patched ASAP!

Thank You.

Solution: OK you gotta have atleast 1L of petrol at finish line.

Last edited:
Hey,

I think SMS needs to fix this ASAP: when racing online, you are supposed to help yourself with choosing the right amount of fuel right? That's OK with me so I run a few laps during qualification, make a good time and meanwhile I check how much fuel I need for 1 lap. Then I multiply it by laps and add a little reserve maybe - ussualy when I run the race for the first time or just didn't have enough time to properly calculate the usage. Anyway, I finish the race with, let's say 1.3 litres. And here it comes. When you finish, an AI driver does 1 more lap and then goes to pits. However, if he runs out of fuel during this lap, he pulls over on grass and jumps right into pits and boom, you are disqualified.

Why???? I mean, what were they thinking of????? They even tell you this strategy in hints during loading screen so why the hell do I need to have another 5 litres of petrol-weight.

It's just ridiculous and it needs to be patched ASAP!

Thank You.
In F1 you must have at least 1 litre of fuel left at the end of the race. Perhaps they're mimicing this real life condition?

I know in GT3 races you need at least 1L left. You don't have to have enough to finish the parade lap but if you have 1L or less you will be disqualified. It's the kind of mistake you only make once lol.

Really? So if I finish with let's say 1.2 liters and AI runs out of gas after finish I won't be DQ'd?

Really? So if I finish with let's say 1.2 liters and AI runs out of gas after finish I won't be DQ'd?
Yep, as long as you have 1L or more when you cross the finish line you will be good (in GT3 cars anyway). I finished a race at Brno earlier today with 1.1L and was not DQ'd

In a sports prototype series i was involved in we had to have at least 3 litres left in the tank. so having a fuel requirement in a game doesn't seem unreasonable.

Latest Posts

Back